Online Dating - The Good, The Bad, The Ridiculous

Michelle ma Belle

Came across a profile by Danny (29) whose opening tagline is "Seeking a baby mama".

Apart from the fact that he was cute, I couldn't resist to click on his profile;

"I'm at the point in my life where I am ready to have children. I have a good career with excellent prospects so I am able to provide financially. I am not ruling out a relationship entirely but my desire is to become a dad as soon as possible."

:/

Not beating around the bush. My kind of dude.

• Like 3
"I'm at the point in my life where I am ready to have children. I have a good career with excellent prospects so I am able to provide financially. I am not ruling out a relationship entirely but my desire is to become a dad as soon as possible."

then adopt!

• Like 1
  • Author
Michelle ma Belle

I had to share this...I was approached by a very handsome man on the dating site I'm on. He had several 'normal' pics of himself doing all sorts of things. His profile was filled out well and what made me even more excited was...wait for it...he was MY AGE! :D

We chatted a bit and I could tell by the way he wrote, English wasn't his native language despite him living his whole life in Michigan. It immediately made me question if he really was who he said he was. Something inside me thought this guy was too good to be true only to realize I was RIGHT!!

I grabbed his pictures on his profile and did a reverse image search and got numerous hits all directing me to a site called RomanceScam.com. BINGO!!!

Apparently this guy's picture has been used in countless online romance scams looking to scam women out of money! LOL!!

Oh boy! I love it when my spidey senses kick in.

I haven't decided how to handle it or if I should bother dealing with it or just block him but for now I'm just ignoring him.

Can you f*cking believe this guy? It just never ends I tell you.

thecrucible

@Michelle - Glad you found that guy out before you more involved. That's freaky :eek:

Just went on online dating to do a search and more disappointment. I just can't find many guys on there who don't seem slightly full of themselves or they say "I want the perfect woman". They list the attributes they want a woman and while I'm sure I match most of them, I'm not sure I have the confidence to be sure that I have those qualities so I just don't want to message them. There are also many adrenalin junkie guys who want a girl to go along with them - totally not me. I love nerdy guys. :love:

Also just responded to a message from a Canadian guy and his conversation quickly went into inane territory so can't be bothered replying anymore. I wish there were guys who were more genuine and interested in getting to know me. There were a few guys like that in the last round of online dating I did but I was seeing someone at the time. It makes you wonder "what if?" about the guys that looked promising but you couldn't date.

Is this a silly reason not to message someone? There's a guy on there I find attractive but he is a dead spit of an ex who was totally awful to me (took a double take the first time I saw his photo). I can't bring myself to message him because he reminds me of that dude.

I grabbed his pictures on his profile and did a reverse image search and got numerous hits all directing me to a site called RomanceScam.com. BINGO!!!

How do you do this?

• Author
Michelle ma Belle
How do you do this?

Just find a pic, click the right button on your mouse and save the image. Personally I like to use a site called tineye.com to do reverse image searches but there are many others to choose from. Just upload the pic and it searches something like 13billion sites.

It's not fuproof of course but it's worth keeping in your back pocket whnever you're unsure. :)

• Like 1
mortensorchid

OLD, I wonder what we did before this phenomena happened? I suppose people were/are just as crazy before it, the technology factor allows us to hide certain things until it's too late, but ... You know.

I have my funniest OLD story of all time to share, and it's a real lulu. I connected with a guy in POF, he seemed ok based on the two phone calls we had before we met. We arranged to meet, I suggested a place near where I was working at the time. Looking back, it was, I realize, a difficult place in which to meet because it was located in a strange place. The main road leading to it forked, and the place was located inside a small plaza where the road forked. I get there at the appointed time, sit at the bar, and wait. About twenty minutes goes by, I call him and there's no answer. Then I get a phone call from a number I don't recognize and it's him. The place was a chain and he went to the wrong location and he said he'll be with me soon, sorry about that. I said ok. Another half hour goes by, I call him and there's no answer. I then get a second call from a number I don't recognize and it's him. He said he was lost, but he'd be there in five minutes, don't worry.

I'm getting annoyed at this point. Another twenty minutes goes by, I call him again and there's no answer. I get a third call from a number I don't recognize and it's him, he's lost. I said put it in your GPS, he didn't have a GPS. I said I keep calling his cell phone and he's not picking up, where is he calling me from? He didn't have a cell phone, he was calling me from pay phones. I just about exploded "I am talking to a person in 2007 who does not own a GPS or a cell phone??!?!?!!" He said he was sorry. I said alright, listen, where are you? What car are you driving? What street are you on? What landmarks are around you? No, he refused. I offered to stand outside and wait for him. He said no. I said "I can solve this problem in 60 seconds if you just say YES!!!!!" He refused and he was sorry, he would be there in five minutes, he's so sorry. And he hung up. And I once again waited. My patience was at an end, but I gave him another twenty minutes. After that, I said "I'm done, you've got this." I then left the place. It took me about an hour to get home with the rush hour traffic, and about two hours later (I think it was him) I get another phone call from a number I didn't recognize and just let it ring.

But wait, there's more!

About a month later, I get a phone call from him. He said he wanted to apologize to me about that whole fiasco. He kept circling around and around the same little patch of street, had he turned his head to the right instead of the left he would have seen the place. I said I offered to help him why wouldn't he take it? He said he was too stubborn, but he went out and bought a cell phone and a GPS and it will never happen again. I figured that was that, I was happy that he was big enough to apologize and acknowledge his mistake. But no, it was not.

He kept calling me.

I would pick up the phone and he'd be all expecting that we were going to meet up again. I tried telling him after a five minute conversation that I was busy doing other things and this wasn't a good time to talk, I tried keeping it short and sweet and brisk that I wasn't interested and we weren't going to meet up EVER. Literally a year went by. A YEAR. When I saw that he was calling, I would ignore the call. He'd never leave a voice mail message and he would then call me from up to ten different phone numbers. The phone would ring and ring and ring and NEVER STOP until I turned it off. He was not picking up on social ques from me, and we never even knew each others' last names. One day finally, almost a YEAR LATER, I picked up when he called and said "Please stop calling me." He said "What did I do?!" I hung up, he never called me again.

Talk about annoying.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author
Michelle ma Belle

I received this in my email today;

HIM: gimme urskype

ME: Umm...thanks but I'm not interested

HIM: why you no skype?

ME: I'm just not interested and don't skype with random people. Good luck to you tho.

HIM: and who cares about ugly woman like u. if i will be with you i will kill you myself! bye

Yep. I feel sorry for the women who get caught up with this guy. Needless to say I blocked his a** and reported him to the site owners.

Ugh :(

GorillaTheater

ME: Umm...thanks but I'm not interested

HIM: why you no skype?

ME: I'm just not interested and don't skype with random people. Good luck to you tho.

HIM: and who cares about ugly woman like u. if i will be with you i will kill you myself! bye

Yep. I feel sorry for the women who get caught up with this guy. Needless to say I blocked his a** and reported him to the site owners.

Ugh :(

Why u no Skype with dis guy? Maybe him nice and stuff.

• Like 2
bluefeather

seriously how do people get anywhere talking like this? so crazy...

Only response I would have given after that first message would be "screw off, don't tell me what to do."

thanks for bringing the thread back, though. heh..

• Like 1
  • Author
Michelle ma Belle

I agree - it's any wonder people actually meet in person and get on.

I can't tell you how many random rude emails I've received this week including several from twenty-something young men asking me if I would sit on their face!

I emailed one guy asking if that actually ever worked for him. Needless to say he didn't respond :/

Gotta laugh about it all.

if i will be with you i will kill you myself! bye

I've never heard anything so romantic. ;)

I can't tell you how many random rude emails I've received this week including several from twenty-something young men asking me if I would sit on their face!

How many yeses in that bunch? :p

• Like 1
bluefeather
I agree - it's any wonder people actually meet in person and get on.

I emailed one guy asking if that actually ever worked for him. Needless to say he didn't respond :/

Gotta laugh about it all.

safety blanket of anonymity for cowards

• 2 weeks later...
  • Author
Michelle ma Belle

Received this lovely poem in my inbox last night;

"If a ruler is twelve inches then I'm only missing two. I want to bury my face somewhere and don't come up for air until I've gotten you there"

Gotta give him kudos for being creative about what he's looking for, LOL!!

Received this lovely poem in my inbox last night;

"If a ruler is twelve inches then I'm only missing two. I want to bury my face somewhere and don't come up for air until I've gotten you there"

Gotta give him kudos for being creative about what he's looking for, LOL!!

Haha ....so Michelle do you have a picture of your butt on your profile or what? Everybody seems to want you to smother them. :p

• Author
Michelle ma Belle
Haha ....so Michelle do you have a picture of your butt on your profile or what? Everybody seems to want you to smother them. :p

Noooo!!! That's what I don't understand. I had a couple of full body shots up but decided to take them down a while ago because it seemed to attract all sorts of naughty and inappropriate comments. There is nothing risque about my profile AT ALL this time around yet I'm a beacon for all sorts of crazy sh*t.

God, if I could only harness that power and energy and use it for some real good like ending world hunger I'd be a happy camper :lmao:

• Like 1
Noooo!!! That's what I don't understand. I had a couple of full body shots up but decided to take them down a while ago because it seemed to attract all sorts of naughty and inappropriate comments. There is nothing risque about my profile AT ALL this time around yet I'm a beacon for all sorts of crazy sh*t.

God, if I could only harness that power and energy and use it for some real good like ending world hunger I'd be a happy camper :lmao:

That's the human sex drive for ya. Ha - you should make and sell a bikini calendar and use the proceeds to end hunger. ;)