Should I stay married to an Asexual man?

Yes, that is true. Very true. I just have a lot of emotional baggage because of my husband not wanting to have sex with me. I married a man that was a self proclaimed man slut. He lost count once he got in the 100's as far as the women he had sex with before he met me. We get married and he is no longer interested and blames it on me for years. 28 years later, turns out he's asexual and all he did in his younger years was probably trying to prove he was normal. I just feel deceived. If I had married him knowing we would not have an active sex life, then I could not complain.

I find it strange that he was able to have sex with over 100 women and he's asexual. I would say at that time he was sexual. Asexual means you have no desire to have sex with another person.

He blames not wanting to have sex on you? That's not logical. Why does he blame it on you, that doesn't make sense to me.

• Like 1

If he is truly asexual maybe he should search for another asexual partner.

You can search for a sexual partner.

I'm in the category of asexual. I don't like sexual relationships so I don't even bother dating as I know it's hard to find asexuals.

My last boyfriend was asexual due to a medical condition so it worked well.

• Author
I find it strange that he was able to have sex with over 100 women and he's asexual. I would say at that time he was sexual. Asexual means you have no desire to have sex with another person.

That's true about asexuals having no desire to have sex. This is back in the early 1980's. I think it was like I read. If you knew you weren't attracted to the same sex, then by default, you had to be heterosexual. I know I never heard of asexuality!

His friend told me before we were married that he basically had to be talked in to having sex the first time in his early 20's. His friends made fun of him for only wanting to masturbate. I think that is why he then tried to have sex with a lot of girls to prove that he was normal. He always had to be drinking heavily.

Alcohol may be an aphrodisiac, but in fact reduces performance and 'staying power'... So while it's possible his flesh was willing, his willy was weak....

That's true about asexuals having no desire to have sex. This is back in the early 1980's. I think it was like I read. If you knew you weren't attracted to the same sex, then by default, you had to be heterosexual. I know I never heard of asexuality!

His friend told me before we were married that he basically had to be talked in to having sex the first time in his early 20's. His friends made fun of him for only wanting to masturbate. I think that is why he then tried to have sex with a lot of girls to prove that he was normal. He always had to be drinking heavily.

I think he deceived you by not being honest about his lack of desire ..... it's like when gay men get married to cover up their homosexuality..... then go on to have kids.. it's just deception. Though I'd rather find out my husband was Asexual than him being gay ..... and he married me knowing this.

Why would you stay? Other than to continue to be emotionally scarred more and more as time goes on? Other than to bury your self-esteem along with those scars?

It's not going to change.

Either you leave or you stay and your current situation stays as your forever situation.