Hundreds Gather for Unveiling of Satanic Statue in Detroit

You think that having sex outside of marriage = worshipping Baal? I am having sex with my fiance and I don't even know who Baal is. I guess I better find out! I'll find a site without a religious bias though! ;)

In that case a former Baal worshipper talking about worshipping Baal. I wouldn't worry too much about it. Let's be honest here if you are Christian then you are having some connection to the false religion that is Catholicism. Sunday is your day not Saturday. That's breaking a commandment. Remember that Sabbath.

I don't think we know where the line is until it's been challenged or crossed.,

That's what the people who installed the Satanic statue are doing: challenging.

Their values are hedonistic, but within the law. For those of us who do not believe in life after death, enjoying pleasure while walking this Earth seems like a solid value to me, as long as it is not at the expense of others. An it harm none, do what ye will.

• Like 2
  • Author
TheFinalWord
The danger with this is...who gets to decide what is and isn't a "real" religion? Yes, obviously today, July 31, Christianity is considered a real religion. What if one day someone finds some loophole twisted way to say it isn't? It is my view that most religions/churches that aren't really religions/churches eventually just....die. There was only one church against which Jesus said the gates of hell would not prevail. I prefer to let Him take care of the others.

Think about it. Remember that cult where they all covered themselves with purple blankets and had the tennis shoes - the Halle Bopp people, I think? Does that even exist anymore? And do people follow Zoroastrianism anymore? Is anyone worshiping Baal?

The main reason that I shrink back from trying to control what religion is "real" or "allowed" is because let's face it, in today's world, any limitations we as Christians try to put on religion WILL eventually come back at us. It's only a matter of time.

Not a concern for me. Most of those fringe religions like comet cult, etc. are secretive and won't participate. But even if they do, no problem. We should protect people in extreme minorities. To me it's not a danger. Christianity is very defensible to those with an open mind and that's why its lasted so long across so many cultures. It's not enough to overcome the ideal of freedom of religion. I'd rather have that approach, than a sterile public square. But that's me.

I think some religions are obviously farces. Non-theistic satanism in the sense these folks are promoting it is not an actual religion. It's a social movement at best, and one designed to essentially troll the system. To me it's a mockery of the intent behind freedom of religion. Someone could probably find a legal loophole in what I am saying. That's fine, but I would rather have the 10 commandments up there along with their statue and not back down to these people. I would be totally fine with a list of statements from an atheist group or what have you. But that's an honest approach. "he we're atheists, here's what we think"...Just my two cents though.

autumnnight

It probably depends on the person.

If I had young children I was raising up in my faith, I probably would rather just teach them that at home than have them learn the prayers of EVERY major religion in school. But that is probably a non-issue to most people who have strong opinions about this - most of them would never send their kids to those "evil public schools" (which used to really chap my hide when I taught at one).

• Author
TheFinalWord
It probably depends on the person.

If I had young children I was raising up in my faith, I probably would rather just teach them that at home than have them learn the prayers of EVERY major religion in school. But that is probably a non-issue to most people who have strong opinions about this - most of them would never send their kids to those "evil public schools" (which used to really chap my hide when I taught at one).

True, I think majority should be at home. But a few comparative religion classes (even one) taught me so much about others beliefs. I came to respect them a lot more. For me, my studies affirmed Christianity, but it was a process.

autumnnight
True, I think majority should be at home. But a few comparative religion classes (even one) taught me so much about others beliefs. I came to respect them a lot more. For me, my studies affirmed Christianity, but it was a process.

I enjoyed my comparative religion class too. From a cultural and anthropological standpoint, it was fascinating. And it didn't shake my faith either. Then again, I was 18 and not 8.

• Author
TheFinalWord
I enjoyed my comparative religion class too. From a cultural and anthropological standpoint, it was fascinating. And it didn't shake my faith either. Then again, I was 18 and not 8.

Good points as always. Thanks for sharing your opinion!

TaraMaiden2
Can you give us the history? I know that symbol has been around way before the nazis...

I agree, it would be misinterpreted. For example, in US we had a big issue with the Confederate flag. Personally, I was glad they took it down because, socially, the flag represented racism to a lot of people. I love civil war history and know there is a rich history with that flag, but socially it turned into a way to advance socially acceptable racism.

This is precisely what has happened with the swastika. Only, the effect of its negative connotations are more global and widespread, internationally. The Confederate Flag is very much an issue which is relevant to the USA alone, although I am not in any way attempting to trivialise that, I hope you understand....

The Swastika is naturally a far more widespread "bone of contention", due to the sheer influence the Nazis had during WWII....

I wish I could explain briefly just how the Nazis came to use the swastika, but it's an extremely convoluted and complex topic: Suffice to say the swastika was adopted by the Germans as a symbol in the 20's, a good while before Hitler took hold of power, although he significantly changed the design....

In German, the word 'swastika' is actually not used.

Germans refer to the symbol as “Hakenkreutz,” meaning “hooked cross.”

The swastika as I illustrated, is an ancient Indian symbol of immutable good luck. “Swastika” is an Anglicization of the Sanskrit word svastika, which means well-being or good luck. Used by Hindus, Buddhists, and Jains for thousands of years, it became widespread in Tibet as well.

• Like 1
TaraMaiden2
...and it stands to reason that true cults will break the law, usually in big ways. IMO it's their signature.

What's that got to do with anything, exactly....?

And why precisely DOES it 'stand to reason'....? :confused:

• Like 1

The simple question is with people that talk against this is do you want religious freedom. They are just challenging the notion of religious freedom. It would be unconstitutional to go against that notion. If they want it let them. It's not them that will lead the path to what's described in Revelation. It's the ruling class in Christianity.

It's not Orsiris, Shango, Mithra, Ahura Mazada, Baal, Moloch, or any other deity.

THE FALSE PROPHET OF REVELATION

pureinheart
The simple question is with people that talk against this is do you want religious freedom. They are just challenging the notion of religious freedom. It would be unconstitutional to go against that notion. If they want it let them. It's not them that will lead the path to what's described in Revelation. It's the ruling class in Christianity.

It's not Orsiris, Shango, Mithra, Ahura Mazada, Baal, Moloch, or any other deity.

THE FALSE PROPHET OF REVELATION

You may not believe this, although I only disagree with a couple of things concerning this article/teaching.

Many believe that the False Prophet is the Catholic Church. I have only one issue with that- the Catholic Church has salvation correct (and other things) ... I don't know what disqualifies any given thing as the FP.

Also, I disagree that Jesus was not political.

I think if salvation is a qualifier/disqualifies then my guess would be the new religion (well the old lie) of progressive Christianity would be the FP.

Edited by pureinheart

In going against the corruption of the Pharisees, he was a political threat to them and their power. So he was very political.

i really don't see how he can not be.

That's why they sent him to the Romans to be crucified. He was a viable threat to their power and wealth.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
Just an update from our satanic friends in Detroit.

All that milk and nary an Oreo cookie in sight!?!?!

Oh, the humanity! :eek::eek::eek:

• Like 1
All that milk and nary an Oreo cookie in sight!?!?!

Oh, the humanity! :eek::eek::eek:

At least it was good for the skin! I have always wanted to try a milk bath. :p

Not to take away from their message. As far as demonstrations go, I do think they made a point and weren't gory about it. A little on the dramatic side, but that was probably the idea.

I'm glad both sides were able to remain generally civilized (meaning, at least a fight didn't break out).

• Author
TheFinalWord
Sigh....I guess I am a hypocrite...I'll still be buying double stuffs on occasion....

No way I'm giving up Bryer's cookies and cream!!

I'm still waiting for a statue of the Virgin Mary. It won't be Mary it will be Oshun one of the Orishas or Santeria. I'll piss in my pants laughing.