at the end of my rope (life)

StephenSG

courtneykay

You want to know the truth? Why you're not successful in landing girls? It's because of this horrible attitude you have and your obsession with finding a hot girl. Relationships & love are meant to enhance your life. But nobody wants to date a guy that only cares about dating and finding a girlfriend. I would know, I'm in my twenties too. You say girls find guys with ambition attractive, and you're right. So take up a hobby. Do something for yourself as so many people have already suggested, and do it ALONE. Focus on yourself and a girl will come into your life. You're trying way too hard and aren't focusing on yourself, and that's why you haven't been successful at dating.

after screwing things up with another girl last night I've decided that my best course of action is to down an entire bottle of Advil and drift off into the abyss . I no longer have any interest in existing on this earth anymore. I simple wasn't meant to be here

If you stop the cocaine all together & quit binge drinking your life will instantly become immeasurably better. You will also have more money & can start taking classes or be sober enough to look for a better job, cheaper apartment.

As they say a journey of 1,000 miles begins with a single step. It's Monday, psyche yourself up & make a plan to do anything other than drink next weekend.

Go from there.

• Author

I know what you're saying is right but I am so devestated after saturday night..

I met a girl a week ago who I thought had it all, she was gorgeous and funny and cute and she liked me. On saturday we went up to whistler which is a mountain resort town about an hour and a half away from vancouver, and she called me and wanted to come meet me and my friends, so she drove up with her friend. I want to preface this story by saying she admitted to me the last time we hung out that she was actually bipolar and had been struggling with life lately....

When she got there we were all drinking (except she was not), and having a good time. We went out to the club and I was dancing with her. She then told me I should dance with her friend for a bit so I did.. however I guess she felt I got too close to her (I was drunk and not really paying much attention to this) and after I came back to her she seemed mad and said "I told you to dance with her not grope her". So I tried to apologize but she said she didnt watn to talk about it and that she would "get over it" as the night went on. For the rest of the night she seemed very cold towards me and was happily making friends with my friends. This upset me a lot and I eventually left the club and went to walk outside by myself. We all went back to the house and due to her acting like a bitch to me I ended up being very cold back to her. (mostly because I was drinking and using, I wasnt in my right mind), and then the next day they left early and barely said goodbye to me. Then after texting her she basically told me she isnt interested in me anymore and that I acted in an awful manner towards her.

I really thought she could have been the one. she had the looks and we had chemistry.

Now I am completely obssessed with the fact theres nothing I can do to get her back. This just adds to the list of reasons that I hate myself and I want to die.

Moral of the story: You would not have been a dick if you had been sober and not using.

You MIGHT have had the girl, had you been clean.

Isn't that reason to give up the junk? There are more girls out there like this one, but you will never find them from the bottom of a bottle or being coked up.

• Like 3
  • Author
Moral of the story: You would not have been a dick if you had been sober and not using.

You MIGHT have had the girl, had you been clean.

Isn't that reason to give up the junk? There are more girls out there like this one, but you will never find them from the bottom of a bottle or being coked up.

She was the one and I cant stop thinking about how i screwed everything up AGAIN. Nothing I do is right. Either I am too nice and they arent attracted to me or I treat them badly. I have been sobbing all day about this I cant get her out of my mind.

She was the one

Today is my 51st birthday. I can't tell you how many men in my life were "the one." There will alway be another who could be "the one."

Either I am too nice and they arent attracted to me or I treat them badly.

You are not too nice, or they aren't attracted to you, or you treat them badly.

You are just STONED beyond being a normal, functioning person. It has nothing to do with anything else other than you are ruining your life with addiction.

• Like 1
BronzeAgeJaeger217
So after being rejected by every woman I try to date, I have decided that I am at the end of my path in life. I no longer want to live a lonely life. Not only am I alone, but I also live paycheck to paycheck, and have no real hobbies. I am 25 and have already failed miserably at life.

I want nothing more than to escape this crushing loneliness. I cannot take the constant rejection anymore. I ask myself every day why I am not good enough for the girls I want to date. How many times I have been out with a girl just to have her to never text me back or just tell me shes not interested. Its the worst feeling and I no longer want to experience it.

I wish I was dead, I only need to work up the courage to kill myself. It must happen as I am simply suffering now.

rejected by every woman you try to date? dude, you have had a girlfriend before, so no you haven't been rejected by every woman

• Like 1
  • Author

As a serious question, can anyone tell me the easiest most pain free way to kill yourself? I want to put myself out of my misery. I would rather feel nothingness and not be alive than feel pain. If I am not alive I cannot experience the feeling of loneliness and rejection. It seems so logical to me.

As a serious question, can anyone tell me the easiest most pain free way to kill yourself? I want to put myself out of my misery. I would rather feel nothingness and not be alive than feel pain. If I am not alive I cannot experience the feeling of loneliness and rejection. It seems so logical to me.

Please get professional help. Nobody here is a counsellor or anything like that (and even if there are any counsellors here I doubt they'd be able to help you through PM)

Edit: I found this for you to look at http://www.loveshack.org/forums/breaking-up-reconciliation-coping/coping/475952-suicide-hotlines

Edited by petsrule

She wasn't the ONE. You have to stop thinking in extremes.

Try getting more sober. Although that is tough it's still less painful then every method out there to kill yourself.

• Author
She wasn't the ONE. You have to stop thinking in extremes.

Try getting more sober. Although that is tough it's still less painful then every method out there to kill yourself.

whats painful is going through life being a complete screw up, and nothing ever getting better.

What I don't understand is you actually meet women, you even get dates with them! Based on everything you've said, it seems the drugs and alcohol is what's really hindering your chances, not you. If you can sober up and stop being high on dates, I think you'll stand a better chance at taking things to the next level. You're good at landing dates, you know how many guys would kill to be in your position? I would.

• Like 2

OP:

Forget about women for a while, and make some positive changes in yourself and your life.

Your experiences with women aren't your problem.

You need to be mended.

TaraMaiden2
Today is my 51st birthday.

Happy birthday to one of the people I most admire on this website.

I have nothing but the greatest respect and admiration for you. You are unique, wise and lovely, and I wish you a really great day.

I would send that as a PM, but I don't have that privilege yet.

Sorry for crashing this thread with an upbeat and happy post. ;)

• Like 3
TaraMaiden2

Yes, I can.

I am horrified to confess that it came to me in a dream one night. I was so shocked that it was so lucid, so perfect, so absolutely 100% effective, that I actually awoke in a cold sweat.

It's utterly foolproof, painless and perfect.

whats painful is going through life being a complete screw up, and nothing ever getting better.

It will be less painful when you take an affirmative step to make it better. One little thing. Spend next weekend not drinking or drugging. Take all the money you would have spent & put it in a jar. After a month of doing that count how much money you have. The celebrate that by finding a constructive hobby.

Right now you are in a place where you want to whine. You want the pity. Lots of people have been there, me included. It's easier to cry "whoa is me; nothing will ever get better" then to take steps to fix it.

Tonight I have to tackle paperwork from 2+ years of stuff I haven't been able to deal with. It's gonna suck. My husband is going to be angry at me when he sees the mess I made. But it's forward progress. I wasn't strong enough to deal before now.

Things do get better but not without effort on your part.

• Like 1
  • Author
What I don't understand is you actually meet women, you even get dates with them! Based on everything you've said, it seems the drugs and alcohol is what's really hindering your chances, not you. If you can sober up and stop being high on dates, I think you'll stand a better chance at taking things to the next level. You're good at landing dates, you know how many guys would kill to be in your position? I would.

what difference does it make that i get dates, they only accept based on the fact that I guess I am somewhat good looking, but then then after spending an hour with me they have no desire to be around me whatsoever. Its even worse than not getting dates because it gets my hopes up, only to be disappointed and crushed over and over and over

TaraMaiden2

But if you think for one moment I'm going to reveal what it is, I'm sorry, but you have another think coming.

This thread began as a cry for help, and has ended up basically being a poor-me pity party.

Everyone here has pointed out to you wherein lies your big mistake.

Drugs and drink.

They are the biggest depressive substances in existence.

They take you up high, but every crash just takes you further and further down.

But rather than listen, and act upon the great advice you've been given, you'd rather continue this behaviour and ignore all comments.

You need rehab, and you need a kind, but firm size 11 boot to convince you to quit this pattern of behaviour.

Because frankly, in my experience (and tragically, I've had a couple) a person committing suicide doesn't care how they do it, or whether it would be painful.

Don't you see what you are doing?

• Like 1
  • Author
But if you think for one moment I'm going to reveal what it is, I'm sorry, but you have another think coming.

This thread began as a cry for help, and has ended up basically being a poor-me pity party.

Everyone here has pointed out to you wherein lies your big mistake.

Drugs and drink.

They are the biggest depressive substances in existence.

They take you up high, but every crash just takes you further and further down.

But rather than listen, and act upon the great advice you've been given, you'd rather continue this behaviour and ignore all comments.

You need rehab, and you need a kind, but firm size 11 boot to convince you to quit this pattern of behaviour.

Because frankly, in my experience (and tragically, I've had a couple) a person committing suicide doesn't care how they do it, or whether it would be painful.

Don't you see what you are doing?

I just dont want to feel pain, i want to do it. If I could push a button that would make me go to sleep and not wake up i would. It would make things so easy.

Being rejected on a continual basis based on your personality takes its toll over time

TaraMaiden2

Well In found my H at the age of 53.

I really don't know what your problem is.

Apart form the recreational substances clouding your judgement, opinion and slowly destroying you.

You have a choice.

You have a choice every time you are faced with drugs or drink, to either indulge or quit.

Itspointless
Being rejected on a continual basis based on your personality takes its toll over time

Dude, you focus on the wrong things in life. It seems you are only seeing the negative of things. I wish I had been this weekend in a mountain resort with friends. If you only look at the negatives you will only see black. And quite the coke and the alcohol.

• Like 1
  • Author
Dude, you focus on the wrong things in life. It seems you are only seeing the negative of things. I wish I had been this weekend in a mountain resort with friends. If you only look at the negatives you will only see black. And quite the coke and the alcohol.

Sure and at the end of the night i went to an empty bed by myself and wake up to nothing but a hangover.

I just want that female companionship so badly. I don't care about anything else in life right now, thats why i cant focus ont he good.

TaraMaiden2
Sure and at the end of the night i went to an empty bed by myself and wake up to nothing but a hangover.

I just want that female companionship so badly. I don't care about anything else in life right now, thats why i cant focus ont he good.

I am quitting this thread before I get myself into real trouble by saying something wholly inappropriate.

But I will say that you have absolutely no clue whatsoever what real suffering is.

• Like 1
  • Author
I am quitting this thread before I get myself into real trouble by saying something wholly inappropriate.

But I will say that you have absolutely no clue whatsoever what real suffering is.

suffering is relative. sure i am not starving and i have a roof over my head, but I still feel pain every single day and hate myself/my life and being alone. The feeling of loneliness is one of the worst.

and please say whatever you want, you can't make me feel worse than i already do.