I have never been so turned off and uncomfortable on a date in my life

I don't know how old you are smg15, but you come across to me as about 15.

He is in his 30s and the reason he is single has been made evident by this thread.

• Like 2
I don't do anything that makes me uncomfortable and I'm sure you don't either.

The question remains though, why did it make you so uncomfortable?

I mean, god forbid someone you know, or anyone, sees you walking around town with a woman using a cane...oh the horror!

You are too hung up on appearances dude, and that IS shallow.

It also sounds like you may have a fear of aging, and you associated her using a cane to that of an "old" person.

Get over it... she had a freaking accident for chrissakes, and was in pain.

I agree she should have informed you beforehand, but that does NOT excuse your callous and insensitive response.

Maybe you could have felt flattered! Obviously, she really likes you since she still wanted to see you despite her being in pain.

But no, all you felt was "uncomfortable" because god forbid you be seen with a woman using a cane while recovering from an accident.

Grow up!

loveweary11

Wow... a foreign concept to me.

If i was attracted to a girl and she showed up in a cast and crutches, it wouldn't matter.

OP: This is probably very temporary. Did you ask about that?

• Author
The question remains though, why did it make you so uncomfortable?

I mean, god forbid someone you know, or anyone, sees you walking around town with a woman using a cane...oh the horror!

You are too hung up on appearances dude, and that IS shallow.

It also sounds like you may have a fear of aging, and you associated her using a cane to that of an "old" person.

Get over it... she had a freaking accident for chrissakes, and was in pain.

I agree she should have informed you beforehand, but that does NOT excuse your callous and insensitive response.

Maybe you could have felt flattered! Obviously, she really likes you since she still wanted to see you despite her being in pain.

But no, all you felt was "uncomfortable" because god forbid you be seen with a woman using a cane while recovering from an accident.

Grow up!

I don't know how long she will need to use the cane and I am afraid If I ask her she will feel that I have a issue with it

Wow... a foreign concept to me.

If i was attracted to a girl and she showed up in a cast and crutches, it wouldn't matter.

OP: This is probably very temporary. Did you ask about that?

She told him she was recovering from a car accident. For some reason it seems he didn't ask any follow up questions about that. How do you not ask more about that? Out of curiosity and conversation and just caring??

• Like 2

OK, folks, having seen the beginnings of the pile-on, this is going to be a Sunday moderation effort. The troll/jerk callout person was suspended for seven days and the rest of the thread will be processed in conformance with our guidelines. Once processing is complete, the thread will be reopened if it is deemed to have room for additional input or commentary. To those who commented on the topic and were respectful to the person who began it, we thank you.