What would a guy really think if a woman asked HIM out on a date?

BlackOpsZombieGirl

SawtoothMars
I have my good and bad times, yes, but all in all I'm just a normal average person. YES I do believe California has a bit of an odd dynamic at times, but all in all, I'm still just a normal person.

I'm not given up at all, in fact I'm feeling rather positive right now. I'm actually talking lately with someone who expressed interest in me, and perhaps something good will happen from it :)

You might be a normal girl, but I don't think your experience is normal. It makes me think maybe you experience some of the social awkwardness that the guys who struggle on here also experience. How is your Emotional IQ? Can you read people easily and tell what they are thinking and feeling?

OOPS total space out and forgot that this was your thread, for some reason I thought I was on the other thread about women approaching, and got myself all mixed up. Sorry.

The first 2 approaches were high school. Sometimes guys then are really dickish, and then later grow out of it. The one who said I looked like a dude eventually took part in some bullying that some older guys at school were putting me through, but was actually a bit kinder to me during interactions in later years. I assume most of them have matured since, and a handful of them either apologized after high school or at least managed to look sheepish about their past douche behaviors. I wasn't exactly popular in high school, was definitely bullied, so I can see how any guy who gets asked out by that girl might react with venom in haste, so as not to subject himself to any negative attention, but then of course, years later, sees that it really was just crappy.

The pat on the head guy was just a complete ass all around and a week later tried to hook up with my friend, really just made me question why the hell I paid a minute of attention to him. Gross... blegh.

The guy who gave me a compliment, I kinda wonder if he was just trying to make another girl jealous. I don't think he had interest in me, but was trying to poke and prod at another girl in the room, and when I took it the wrong way he wanted to be sure to get me away from him. I was a wee bit buzzed and overly bold, it happens...

Ok... first note about bullying. Guys will bully girls they believe are attractive... especially in highschool. I was on the football team and guys would literally be saying to one another that if they don't do this the girl will become too "stuck up". It's just the way boys this age tend to think.

I probably would have been very happy if you hit me up in high school. However, I did experience this incident where a good female friend who was very chubby wrote me a love letter. I wanted to stay friends with her, so I just pretended that I never got it. After graduation she moved to college and we met at a party over the summer and she had lost 60 or 70lbs. She was insanely hot... to the point it was painful to look at. I don't regret ignoring that letter, because she is still a great friend... as is her amazingly awesome husband. Still... things like this do happen.

I know, right?! None of this makes any sense to me - unless all of the guys she has asked out on a date or flirted with were ALL douchebags, which I mean, could be possible!

She just confirmed that she lives in California. We measure that place in Douchebags per square inch. You have to understand that wave after wave of pretty girls moves to that state every year from all over the world. Guys tend to act like Hugh Hefner there. I've got a friend who is a marketing guy and at 49 has NEVER dated a woman over 30. He dumps them once they get close and finds another mid 20's girl.

Same as a woman... if it's someone he's interested in he'll be thrilled; if not, he'll hem and haw and try to come up with a passive-aggressive way of rejecting her.

If a woman asked me out instead of just the usual tactic of having me read her mind so I would ask her out...

I would probabbly not hear what she said because my mind would reject that it is possible in reality. THen I would say: "huh, what did you just say?"

Then she would say: "Oh nothing".

Then about 5 minutes later when she is gone, I would realize that she just tried to ask me out and I would bang my head on a nice slab of concrete.

• Like 1
  • Author
BlackOpsZombieGirl
If a woman asked me out instead of just the usual tactic of having me read her mind so I would ask her out...

I would probabbly not hear what she said because my mind would reject that it is possible in reality. THen I would say: "huh, what did you just say?"

Then she would say: "Oh nothing".

Then about 5 minutes later when she is gone, I would realize that she just tried to ask me out and I would bang my head on a nice slab of concrete.

Reading your post made me laugh!:laugh: Well, get prepared for the possibility of a woman asking YOU out in the near future...because, y'know what?! This is ***2015***!!!!! And, even though there are LOTS of traditional women out there who are waiting for YOU to ask THEM out, there are a growing number of women like me out there who might ask YOU out if we like you and are attracted to your looks and/or personality! ;) So, be mentally prepared, and just ENJOY the moment, okay?!:D

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
BronzeAgeJaeger217

I love when women do that, especially if there is mutual attraction involved.

BronzeAgeJaeger217

have there been any success stories in which the woman was the initiator, approached the guy first and it turned out great?

PrettyEmily77
have there been any success stories in which the woman was the initiator, approached the guy first and it turned out great?

Yes :) (10 characters)

BronzeAgeJaeger217
Hell yes. :) (14 characters) ;)

did it result in a successful relationship that lasted a while?

Well considering that I bscly 'took' my current BF (~3yrs) and two current GFs (9 mos and 6 mos), yes. 9 and 6 months may not be real long but they're solid. I wouldn't allow any it any other way.

Big picture tho - women can ask guys out and have it work, sure. I'm sure it happens all the time.

• Like 1
BronzeAgeJaeger217
Well considering that I bscly 'took' my current BF (~3yrs) and two current GFs (9 mos and 6 mos), yes. 9 and 6 months may not be real long but they're solid. I wouldn't allow any it any other way.

Big picture tho - women can ask guys out and have it work, sure. I'm sure it happens all the time.

well god bless you