Women don't play by the rules

If we're speaking in generalities, yes, women absolutely put in less effort. Of course there will always be exceptions, so I'm not dismissing people as individuals. This is what needs to be understood.

It's very obvious to me that 'generally' women put in more effort.

• Like 2
This is my other pet peeve on LS. We have men telling us what women are about, what we want, what we do and why. It's all rubbish of course. You can't judge an entire gender based on your bitterness and failed experiences.

No offense, but these are just predictable cases of people who've taken a step or two into the real world and suddenly think they have it all figured out. As opposed to those who've taken a lot of steps and genuinely realize they have nothing figured out. Which is of course the first step to actually figuring things out.

Try not to pay too much attention. :)

• Like 6
Harold of Andraste
Well said, BOZG!

I found also, a pile of stinking hypocrisy on this site from the "struggling dudes". They like to whine about how a woman won't date them because they are short, yet they reject a woman because she's too tall, or she's not beautiful enough, or she's too fat, or she's not got big enough boobs, or she doesn't sound intelligent enough or this or that.

So its not ok if a woman won't date a guy for his height, but its ok for a man to reject a woman because her boobs aren't big enough for him? And yeah, I suuuure love how those same men suggest that a woman can get a boob job. Yeah, only good boob jobs aren't cheap, they have health risks and I personally wouldn't get them just to please some guy. :rolleyes:

Any examples of guys rejecting women? I hear about such "cases" used in the manner you are doing now but I've never actually seen one myself.

loveweary11
Amazingly enough, that has actually been suggested by said "struggling dudes". Their argument? "Short men can't do anything about their height, but women can get boob jobs".

Funnily enough, there do exist women who are cool with dating short guys. I'm one of them- dating a man a head shorter than me. I think that men like what the OP has described, lack serious social skills and have huge entitlement issues, so they blame women (rather, women's preferences) for their own dating struggles.

Oh, they can do something about their height, so don't let them play that card. :lmao:

New York Man 'Grows' Six Inches Through Surgery - ABC News

It is kind of interesting how we don't hear women making similar complaints about how guys are unfair. The worst you usually hear is "all guys are pigs" and "all the good ones are taken."

For the record, I voted against the boobs since there is a small risk of dying under general anesthesia. Didn't want someone I loved taking a risk like that for no good reason.

• Like 2
Harold of Andraste

And what is this effort?

Is any of it necessary or even helpful in getting a date?

Have you ever observed how much time and effort has to be spent on grooming and beauty regimes of women simply to be accepted in society?! And that's before even getting a date.

They don't doll themselves up to be "accepted by society"; they do it to make themselves appear more physically attractive than they otherwise would be. This isn't a bad thing per se, but if no woman on the planet ever used makeup or other means to enhance her appearance, then the standard for "beauty" would simply be lower, even in the eyes of men. So, in a way, women brought this on themselves.

• Like 3
No offense, but these are just predictable cases of people who've taken a step or two into the real world and suddenly think they have it all figured out. As opposed to those who've taken a lot of steps and genuinely realize they have nothing figured out. Which is of course the first step to actually figuring things out.

Try not to pay too much attention. :)

Ahh you see! Observe how easily I brought out the bitchyness.

That was on purpose.

loveweary11
Any examples of guys rejecting women? I hear about such "cases" used in the manner you are doing now but I've never actually seen one myself.

Really? You don't reject women that aren't fitting what you are looking for?

I have rejected for (being brutally honest):

Height

Weight

Hair Color

Eye color

Skin Tone

Fashion

Personality

Interests or hobbies

Drug or alcohol use/abuse

• Like 1
loveweary11

That's later... in the relationship. Guys put all the effort in up front in the first steps.

• Like 1
Harold of Andraste
Really? You don't reject women that aren't fitting what you are looking for?

I have rejected for (being brutally honest):

Height

Weight

Hair Color

Eye color

Skin Tone

Fashion

Personality

Interests or hobbies

Drug or alcohol use/abuse

Are you a "struggling dude?"

She was calling them hypocrites.

CrystalCastles

Sure!

Guys reject women for having sex too early. Goodness, threads like "he disappeared on me after we had sex" appear rather frequently on here. Although rarely, I have been rejected before as well. The guy simply did not see me that way, and that was totally fine. Not every guy needs to like me, find me attractive or want to date me. Same deal with short guys- I don't get why they can't just date women who don't care about height. There are women who don't care about height.

It is kind of interesting how we don't hear women making similar complaints about how guys are unfair. The worst you usually hear is "all guys are pigs" and "all the good ones are taken."

Its true, I see far fewer comments coming from women about men, than the other way around (at least, that I have encountered on here). I can't say I've even seen the pig comments before!

I was calling struggling dudes hypocrites because they do have rather high standards, yet expect women to have low standards. That sounds to me like a struggling dude expects women to fall at his feet, yet he has the freedom to be picky about who he chooses.

This sounds hypocritical to me.

Struggling dudes seem quick to blame women for all their problems. Yet why should an entire gender be blamed because one guy is having problems? I hate comments like "women have it easier". No they don't. Both genders have their own struggles, and its annoying how some people minimize the struggles of one gender and elevate their own.

• Like 6

And with a number of them, she was right to do so.

• Like 1
And what is this effort?

Is any of it necessary or even helpful in getting a date?

How much effort do you put in? Why do you sound like you want to be chased by women?

They don't doll themselves up to be "accepted by society"; they do it to make themselves appear more physically attractive than they otherwise would be. This isn't a bad thing per se, but if no woman on the planet ever used makeup or other means to enhance her appearance, then the standard for "beauty" would simply be lower, even in the eyes of men. So, in a way, women brought this on themselves.

You think it's acceptable for a woman to go out with a moustache and furry legs?

• Like 1
You think it's acceptable for a woman to go out with a moustache and furry legs?

I can deal with that. :laugh:

• Like 5
JuneJulySeptember
I'll probably get flamed for it but I'm going to do a little calling out of my own gender here. Is it just me or sometimes do you detect some sort of strange rant/whine from guys that women don't play by "the rules" and somehow that's unfair? I mean, you hear lots of rants from women about guys who use them for sex or broke off a romance suddenly after 3 dates, but you don't hear that same note of "that's not fair".

It doesn't work that way guys. Dating isn't World of Warcraft. Women are unique and different. They're quirky. Just like us. Some are nice. Some are nut jobs. Some are real a-holes. Just like us. Just because she won't succumb to your Triceps of Hugeness or Proclamation of Enduring Fidelity doesn't make her bad or a cheater or worthy of your scorn. It just makes her not interested.

Is it just me who detects this note of entitlement and injustice coming from some of my fellow men?

/rant

Mrin

Women will not whine as much about injustice because of the nature of the game. But one thing I noticed they will do is use dating to pump up their ego. Talk about all of the men they rejected, and exactly how many dealbreakers they have. Is it really necessary to fuel the fire in a 'short guy thread' by saying you won't date short guys for the 30th time? Not all women of course. Some.

In any case, the idea that one gender is more stoic than the other is a bad one. In my general opinion though, posting regularly on dating forums is just about the worst thing you can do if you want to improve your dating attitude or improve yourself as a person.

• Like 2

This thread has given me a lot of laughs so far. :laugh:

I do expect that the guys on LS who blame an entire gender do it just to get a rise, men in real life just simply don't have the attitudes that we so often see on here.

Some of the attitudes are just jaw droppingly hilarious and it would be impossible to imagine that they are all serious!

It's a huge part of the entertainment factor on LS for men as well as women.

I wouldn't change it for the world, I wouldn't dream of dating a guy who had those kind of attitudes but I would never want to change it on here.

• Like 2
This thread has given me a lot of laughs so far. :laugh:

...Some of the attitudes are just jaw droppingly hilarious and it would be impossible to imagine that they are all serious!

Those attitudes may be hilarious and incredible, but they do appear to be remarkably consistent, unfortunately.

Woman date players, abusers, manipulators, douchebags and idiots and they then moan about that individual, but woman rarely then label ALL men as being the same. But here it seems some men happily go about saying that ALL women are.... or ALL single woman are..... insert pejorative comment as required.

The fact that women are individuals, seems to have escaped them, and Mrin is correct, they are flummoxed, frustrated and angry when their particular dead cert, internet researched formula for attracting women doesn't work. A+B ≠ C

• Like 4

Young males just recieve horrible outdated advice on picking up women in 2015. Everything the older guys told me in the barbershop for example was absolute garbage. It's not so much they are/were lying it was just a different time and era.

Philosopher

Most of the men here whom act like they are entitled to have a girlfriend seem to be in their late twenties or thirties and have had little success with dating in the past. Once you have reached this age, with a few exceptions, the most attractive men and women will have already been taken. Those whom are still single at this age may well be shorter or taller than what is regarded as attractive, not have the best personality, be unemployed or in low paying job, etc.

However because most of their friends will probably be in a relationship, often with a nice attractive women they may feel that being in a relationship with an attractive women is a right, not a privilege, hence the feeling of entitlement. To be fair men at this age may well have to put with more crap in dating, they are likely to come across women who are nut jobs, rude, flaky, etc then they would have if they were dating when they were younger as these types of women are more likely to single at this age. So some of the complaints these struggling men have is legitimate.

I think men in this situation have two ways to resolve this, one is to have more realistic standards that are appropriate to what you can get, the other is to genuinely try to improve yourself as an individual to make yourself more attractive and hence increase the chances you can attract someone that meets your standards.

• Like 9
Most of the men here whom act like they are entitled to have a girlfriend seem to be in their late twenties or thirties and have had little success with dating in the past. Once you have reached this age, with a few exceptions, the most attractive men and women will have already been taken. Those whom are still single at this age may well be shorter or taller than what is regarded as attractive, not have the best personality, be unemployed or in low paying job, etc.

However because most of their friends will probably be in a relationship, often with a nice attractive women they may feel that being in a relationship with an attractive women is a right, not a privilege, hence the feeling of entitlement. To be fair men at this age may well have to put with more crap in dating, they are likely to come across women who are nut jobs, rude, flaky, etc then they would have if they were dating when they were younger as these types of women are more likely to single at this age. So some of the complaints these struggling men have is legitimate.

I think men in this situation have two ways to resolve this, one is to have more realistic standards that are appropriate to what you can get, the other is to genuinely try to improve yourself as an individual to make yourself more attractive and hence increase the chances you can attract someone that meets your standards.

I mostly agree, but most educated women will be available, as late twenties, early thirties is when most of them want to start settling down.

But I suppose most of those women will have set their sights higher than the men you speak of who have struggled.

Those women will be seeking successful men, similarly educated, with good jobs, intelligent with fluent conversation and "potential".

• Like 4