Why do a lot of women expect MORE for LESS?

How about taking issue with the person charging 10 dollars? Why do you support a 10 dollar candy bar?

The reason I'm not taking issue with this is that the candy vendor can set whatever price she wants and as a consumer of candy I have a choice about whether to buy it. There simply isn't an issue here. Why do you think there is? Do you have a candy addiction and a shortage of currency with which to pay for it?

• Like 3
  • Author
A woman having sex with a willing partner, is not doing anything wrong. Why insult the $10 candy bar? Because it didn't spend its entire shelf life (I do love that magical, romantic term), waiting for you - just you - to unwrap it, and enjoy it?

Missing the point AGAIN as usual. :laugh:

Not saying its wrong to sleep around. I'm asking why I should pay 10 dollars for the same candy bar another dude payed 1 dollar for.

And I have yet to get an answer.

• Author
I don't judge men by your behaviour. Why do you hate women so much?

Did you miss the first post of the thread while I put something very important in BOLD letters? :laugh:

• Author
You would go into a store and be outraged if you saw two seemingky identical candy bars and one was charging $10? You wouldn't just pass it by or maybe inquire as to why one is priced so differently?

You'd actually get indignant? Write a letter to the chocolate bar company? LOL

I am a chocolate-eating fat person and that's crazy.

By the way, the answer would be because the $10 is for chocolate for a year (or life or whatever) and the $1 chocolate is just a regular one-time chocolate.

Please read better.

We are talking about a candy bar that was 1 dollar on Friday then 10 dollars the next day. Sure I would be mad if I went to the store today to buy a Twix bar and it was 10 dollars. Wouldn't you?

Please, please, please read better. Its better for everyone.

On this topic of expecting more for less: why do certain men expect sex after one date, and possibly even a lovely meal that consisted of a cheeseburger and fries? Maybe even a small coke? Why don't you want to put a little more effort in? It's like you've decided a woman is most likely not a good person, before you've even gone out with her.

This isn't to say that you should spend $200 on dinner, but I've seen so much about a woman's value here. What about YOUR value? What do you bring to the table - except for that horrible attitude?

• Like 4
dreamingoftigers
But you're a woman going by a guy's sexual past. There's definitely some sort of double standard that exists whether it's right or wrong where a lot of men do not want to be with the woman that's been around the block. Maybe it's not the vast majority of men, but it's definitely a lot of men. And like I said, why do you think that it is that women tend to lie about their past, it's because their ashamed of it & don't want to be perceived as a slut. If there was no problem for having a lot of sex, than they should just be honest. But it usually doesn't work that way due to the double standard.

I wasn't raised at all with the the double-standard. I wasn't even aware of it until my mid-20s.

As well, my mother was sexually promiscuous starting from age 13 after being raped. My ather was a virgin when he met her.

They've been together almost 40 years.

I converted to religion at 19.

Most of the guys I dated from then on were virgins. Only one guy that I dated was bothered by my two previous partners, and I almost married him.

I thought my husband was a slut.

That's the only reason that I understand the mentality.

But I have since grown out of it realizing that we are raised and biologically programmed along a spectrum.

Eventually you get North of 30 and you see that pretty much every adult has screwed a bit. Some got married and kids. Some didn't. I guess what I am saying that as soon as five years or so passes you just stop giving a s*** unless there's some super-crazy red flags.

• Like 1
Missing the point AGAIN as usual. :laugh:

Not saying its wrong to sleep around. I'm asking why I should pay 10 dollars for the same candy bar another dude payed 1 dollar for.

And I have yet to get an answer.

Yes you have, but I'll try again. Two answers for the price of one.

1) If you don't think you should pay 10 dollars then don't buy the candy. Shop around a bit and look for a different bargain, or work hard until you have 10 dollars. Maybe the vendor realised that she was selling the candy too cheaply before or wants to only sell it to someone who can afford the new price, which is her choice. If you're the buyer you can keep your wallet in your trousers if the price is too high, which is your choice.

2) Why not? Life isn't always fair. Deal with it.

• Like 4
  • Author
The reason I'm not taking issue with this is that the candy vendor can set whatever price she wants and as a consumer of candy I have a choice about whether to buy it. There simply isn't an issue here. Why do you think there is? Do you have a candy addiction and a shortage of currency with which to pay for it?

I guess the concept of fairness is lost on you.

Oh well. :laugh:

I am sure a sample size of guys on forums is the perfect way to wee what people are ACTUALLY doing.

Just like no fat person has had a date since 1979.

Oh my god in heaven I hope not. That means that the only good men on the planet are carhill, betrayedH and under the radar and I think they are all attached.

But seriously everyone knows that for the most part relationship forums attract people who have been, have been the victim of, or are experiencing dysfunction in relationships. It's like getting data on dry skin in Arizona. And that's not a slam at anyone because hey I'm here too :)

Some women become lazy once they've reeled the guy in. Some men do the same thing. And yet there are actual people who are in relationships where that hasn't hapeened and I bet they didn't get there by whining and pointing fingers.

• Like 1
  • Author
On this topic of expecting more for less: why do certain men expect sex after one date, and possibly even a lovely meal that consisted of a cheeseburger and fries? Maybe even a small coke? Why don't you want to put a little more effort in? It's like you've decided a woman is most likely not a good person, before you've even gone out with her.

This isn't to say that you should spend $200 on dinner, but I've seen so much about a woman's value here. What about YOUR value? What do you bring to the table - except for that horrible attitude?

So is sex supposed to be some kind of reward women give to men for good behavior?

All this time I thought women actually enjoyed sex and did it for reasons other than free meals and other $$$ related things. I guess I was wrong. :laugh:

So is sex supposed to be some kind of reward women give to men for good behavior?

All this time I thought women actually enjoyed sex and did it for reasons other than free meals and other $$$ related things. I guess I was wrong. :laugh:

This one does but only with the right man and hamburgers and $$ have nothing to do with it :)

• Like 2
  • Author

1) If you don't think you should pay 10 dollars then don't buy the candy. Shop around a bit and look for a different bargain, or work hard until you have 10 dollars. Maybe the vendor realised that she was selling the candy too cheaply before or wants to only sell it to someone who can afford the new price, which is her choice. If you're the buyer you can keep your wallet in your trousers if the price is too high, which is your choice.

Who said I DO buy the candy? :laugh:

I've dumped a few girls after they tried to jack up the price on me. Screw that.

But deciding not to buy the candy doesn't mean I can't question the price or have an opinion on it.

Why is my questioning of an unfair practice that makes no logical sense so upsetting to you?

dreamingoftigers
Please read better.

We are talking about a candy bar that was 1 dollar on Friday then 10 dollars the next day. Sure I would be mad if I went to the store today to buy a Twix bar and it was 10 dollars. Wouldn't you?

Please, please, please read better. Its better for everyone.

Your thread has sure enlightened me.

I'll be sure to turn in my two English Scholarships.

Again: same premise for the dull.....

get a chocolate bar that is sitting next to it for a dollar then.

Or ask why the price jumped.

Maybe it's because it's "Twix for a Year" now. You just have to mail in the rebate or something.

Would I get mad over a chocolate bar? Again, even as a sugar-jonesing, crazed person....no.

Just like someone's changed sexual/relational expectations don't upset me. I just don't have to buy into it. Every now and then some nut pops on LS with a thread about "men, stand together and don't let fat/entitled/gold-digging/etc. women get you!" Well, really, the vast majority of guys won't stick around for abuse or disrespect. Beyond that, the rest is clearly personal taste. Like their needs to be a warning symbol or something? "Gold-digging womenwill fleece you." Really?

No wonder these dating transactions are causing so much vexation.

Best of luck OP.

Nobody is seeing the temporal aspect here.

If you are just meeting someone, they are of a certain value to you at that point in time, regardless of any knowledge of their history. Knowledge of history could change that value, but not very much.

Having a huge list of requirements and grievances going into it will keep you single forever.

It's their spirit and attitude that count, not mistakes they may have made in the past. Unless the past has a direct effect on the present or they are found to have a bad spirit due to actions in the past, there is no connection to who they are now.

And again, who even knows if they are telling the truth? They could be the world's biggest town bicycle and say they've only been with 3 people.

• Author
This one does but only with the right man and hamburgers and $$ have nothing to do with it :)

Cool story.

But we all know few women would date a man who refused to spend any $$$ on her ever. And forget marriage.

CrystalCastles

Maybe you live in a country with really bad inflation. Otherwise, you can go ask the shopkeeper as to why he raised the price.

That's the problem with entitled men. They think "well I can't get sex easily, so no one should get sex easily". They treat women like women are subhuman, and only exist on this planet for their pleasure. They elevate themselves above others, and act like they are God's gift to women.

If a guy doesn't want to date women who had multiple partners, he is free not to. I personally don't like men who have had many partners, mostly because of my views on sex and intimacy. People are free to have their personal preferences in partners, just like people are free to lead whatever lifestyles they please. Its really immature, though, to go write a whiny thread where the underlying issue is "waah! I can't get laid and so many of these "stupid sluts" are getting laid!".

• Like 4
Rejected Rosebud
Again.. stating a bias opinion as fact doesn't make it true.

Mr. Zen, that is pretty funny coming from you in light of your OP which is nothing except for your biased opinions being stated, weakly I might add, as fact!!! What's good for the gander, as they say!!;)
  • Like 1
dreamingoftigers

This guy would be so pissed if he went shopping for Calgary Real Estate.

"But the other dude paid $425000 for it six months ago and now you're saying it's worth $450000!?"

• Like 4
Who said I DO buy the candy? :laugh:

Great! So you've figured out the solution: don't buy if the price is too high.

Why is my questioning of an unfair practice that makes no logical sense so upsetting to you?

I'm not upset. You asked for thoughts and I've given some.

• Like 3
Rejected Rosebud
You speak of women, using words like "value", as if they're cattle to be bought and sold at a market.

:sick:

Don't worry about it, I'm pretty sure he's just trying to be funny!!:bunny::bunny:

Eventually you get North of 30 and you see that pretty much every adult has screwed a bit. Some got married and kids. Some didn't. I guess what I am saying that as soon as five years or so passes you just stop giving a s*** unless there's some super-crazy red flags.

I have some news for some on here, the Pill in 1961, liberated women.

If your woman is spreading her legs for your dinner guests, then there may be a problem, but otherwise men just need to just get over it.

This chaste woman that seems to be so popular on this thread, doesn't really exist, apart from in imaginations.

• Like 1
CrystalCastles

Exactly! I think you eventually get to a point where someone has slept with someone else and you kind of put your big girl/boy pants on and put it aside.

I think in the end, when you date someone, you look for whether qualities that would make a person a good partner- kindness, respect, ability to listen and be supportive, giving, etc. You look to see if the two of you have incompatibilities. I think that many people generally chose partners based on that, based on how you yourself feel around the person and chemistry. I think partner count isn't the most important thing to many people.

• Like 4
dreamingoftigers

Yeah. I am teaching my daughter to hold out for someone buying her a $10 chocolate bar.

Wait, what's this thread about again?

(Just kidding)

• Like 1
Rejected Rosebud
Why exactly is it fine when most guys don't want to be with the woman with that sort of past?
It's perfectly fine for you if that's what you want but your opinion of how another human being has "value" or lack of it is your opinion, you can't speak for men in general, and the value of a woman is NOT determined by your personal preference!! Nobody really cares how many sex partners you think is too many except for you and whatever specific girl you are trying to date!!
  • Like 3
  • Author
Your thread has sure enlightened me.

I'll be sure to turn in my two English Scholarships.

Again: same premise for the dull.....

get a chocolate bar that is sitting next to it for a dollar then.

Or ask why the price jumped.

Maybe it's because it's "Twix for a Year" now. You just have to mail in the rebate or something.

Would I get mad over a chocolate bar? Again, even as a sugar-jonesing, crazed person....no.

Just like someone's changed sexual/relational expectations don't upset me. I just don't have to buy into it. Every now and then some nut pops on LS with a thread about "men, stand together and don't let fat/entitled/gold-digging/etc. women get you!" Well, really, the vast majority of guys won't stick around for abuse or disrespect. Beyond that, the rest is clearly personal taste. Like their needs to be a warning symbol or something? "Gold-digging womenwill fleece you." Really?

No wonder these dating transactions are causing so much vexation.

Best of luck OP.

I see your point.

But the answer to everything in life isn't necessarily: "Just walk away then".

Don't question it. Don't have an opinion. Just walk away. Really? :laugh:

Don't like the President? Leave the country. Don't like your co-worker? Quit your job. Don't like your sister? Stop associating with her. Don't like stopping at cross walks? Don't drive. Don't like crime? Live off the grid. Don't like being over worked and under paid? Be homeless.

I love your simple solutions. :laugh: