Why do a lot of women expect MORE for LESS?

toolforgrowth
I think because women tend to adopt a victim stance or a stance that induces empathy/sympathy. Why is he doing this to me? I love him so much.

Why doesn't he love me? Is he just using me for sex?

The woman is usually weak, defeated and needs bolstering. She is usually willing to listen or accept help.

Men tend to start angry and with a sense of entitlement.

That b*tch... she is crazy. I do everything for her, why doesn't she give me sex, I want sex wah, wah, wah!!! I want a hot woman, why can't I get a hot woman? It's not fair.

Not so much sympathy evoked and if an attempt is made to help, it can get shot down in flames by the angry man.

I am not saying all men with dating issues are angry and entitled and all women are weak and defeated, but it is a lot easier to work with weak and defeated people to give them a lifeline, than have to fight off angry and entitled people who often won't listen and won't take help, as it all someone else's fault.

This post is filled with so much win. I do believe that women are typically much more open to the idea of change to produce a better result. Men aren't; we're too stubborn.

Men complain that women want something for nothing. That was certainly true for my ex wife. But she is not typical. I see a lot of men here who also want something for nothing. Life is not going to hand you a partner; you must earn one, through good deeds, mutual attraction, and confidence. That's a universal rule that applies to both genders.

• Like 2
If a man were truly invisible to women, that would be very sad.

Much more often here, we are hearing from men who have had some attention from women, but the women were deemed unattractive to him. That's quite a different story.

In other words, they do the same thing they accuse women of doing.

• Like 1
If a man were truly invisible to women, that would be very sad.

Much more often here, we are hearing from men who have had some attention from women, but the women were deemed unattractive to him. That's quite a different story.

What counts as some attention?

Does one woman a year being interested count as some attention? What if that woman was far below average in looks?

I tell you what, if I knew a woman that was trying hard to date guys, and only one guy was interested in her, and she felt that that one guy wasn't good enough for her, I'd feel bad for her and admit that she has it rough.

Go luck finding such a girl though :p

toolforgrowth
In other words, they do the same thing they accuse women of doing.

Absolutely we do. We're picky too. :) There's nothing wrong with being picky. It just pisses Nice Guys off because they're not the ones getting picked. Understandable, but hardly the fault of women. People choose who they want to be with for their own reasons. As long as they're not self destructive reasons, no justification is required.

I'm not attracted to "nice". There's a sweet lady at my work who is tall, not bad looking, and definitely expressed interest. She also has a lot of baggage from her ex husband cheating on her. Not unreasonable, but also a major turn off. I friendzoned the hell out of her. Who wants to be with someone who wallows in self pity, regardless of how nice they are? Nobody.

Far too many of the men on here are wallowing. It's unattractive, guys. Do something about it...you have the power. All you need to do is realize it.

• Like 5

That's exactly what women should do. Yet many women seem to prefer men that aren't good for them at all. If women had any common sense they would be chasing after nerds and not musicians and athletes.

Bwahhaha. Some of the worst guys ive encountered were nerdy Nice Guys. My computer nerd ex would put his fist in my face like he was gonna hit me. And he cheated all the time. So much for that theory. My point is, you cant judge soneones character by whether or not they are musician, nerdy, athletic, etc. The last guy i dated was dorky, and he did me dirty for real. You are trying to make something out to be simple , and its not.

Dating is not a formula

Woman + nerdy guy= happily ever after

Not every woman is compatible with every man. This is a LS PSA Women are not interchangeable dolls!

Also, if a woman is athletic, why cant she date someone athletic, too? Dont you have a type, sd? :confused:

Honestly, the dating advice id give is to date someone like yourself.

I admit that I have a very hard time seeing the troubles that women have. From my point of view, the problems that women commonly have in dating are stupid simple to solve and most are completely preventable.

The most common problem men seem to have is actually getting a date with somebody they like.

Ah that's what you mean.

Well, I absolutely do not look my age and I don't act like my age either.

So that means that even women who are ten years younger than I am are "similar to me in terms of attractiveness, and personality."

So you are willing to be less than forthcoming with your age. I bet if a musician/athlete/evil good looking guy did that, youd tell the woman to run away.

Ugh, too many people talking to me about my preference for younger women.

Yet you have no problem telling women who to date and who not to date...

Wait so you get to limit your pool to women you are attracted to but women need to be open to all men because they are attracted to them.

Great, always wanted to be equated to a blow up doll

Yup.

Edited by hotpotato
  • Like 7
Absolutely we do. We're picky too. :) There's nothing wrong with being picky. It just pisses Nice Guys off because they're not the ones getting picked. Understandable, but hardly the fault of women. People choose who they want to be with for their own reasons. As long as they're not self destructive reasons, no justification is required.

I'm not attracted to "nice". There's a sweet lady at my work who is tall, not bad looking, and definitely expressed interest. She also has a lot of baggage from her ex husband cheating on her. Not unreasonable, but also a major turn off. I friendzoned the hell out of her. Who wants to be with someone who wallows in self pity, regardless of how nice they are? Nobody.

Far too many of the men on here are wallowing. It's unattractive, guys. Do something about it...you have the power. All you need to do is realize it.

Nice Guys much of the time are not nearly as great or as nice as they think they are. Id say this is true for nice gals as well.

Youre right. Most people require something me than being nice from a potential partner.

Heres the reasoning. If im nice, then women/men will want to date me. Thats not quite how it goes.

Nice Guys are often mean. They have a lot in common with bad guys they complain about. Its the same guy, same bahavior.

• Like 2
What counts as some attention?

Does one woman a year being interested count as some attention?

Yes, of course. No one is involuntarily single if they've turned down any offer at all. It's just a matter of attracting someone you want, for women or men.

• Like 1
Yes, of course. No one is involuntarily single if they've turned down any offer at all. It's just a matter of attracting someone you want, for women or men.

How come you can't see how ridiculous that is?

That's like saying that nobody should be unemployed because Taco Bell is always hiring.

That's like saying that nobody should be unemployed because Taco Bell is always hiring.

I'd say, nobody should complain that they're unemployed or can't get a job because Taco Bell is always hiring. I don't think that's ridiculous.

• Like 4
toolforgrowth

It's not a matter of "should". If you are unemployed, and Taco Bell offers you a job, and you turn it down, then you are choosing to remain unemployed than accept employment you feel is beneath you.

By the same token, if you are single, and an ugly woman asks you out, and you turn her down, then you are choosing to remain single than date a woman you feel is beneath you.

These are choices that you are making, with no right or wrong attached to either decision. Youare free to make them, but in the end, they are still YOUR choices.

• Like 7

It's all about whether "options" are really options if you didn't want them anyway. I don't want to work at Taco Bell (although... would I get free tacos? I'll have to look into that) because I'd rather hold out for a job I'm more interested in.

• Like 4

If the only job one can get doesn't meet their needs, then that job might as well not exist. If I worked full time at Taco Bell, I couldn't pay my expenses.

That's pretty much the same argument people have been trying to use against me about women. They are trying to say that the woman who have 100 options only have options that don't meet their requirements (which is ridiculous to have so many options and them all being bad). Though instead of having 100 bad options, I had one bad option. If a woman isn't expected to settle, why should I?

toolforgrowth
If the only job one can get doesn't meet their needs, then that job might as well not exist. If I worked full time at Taco Bell, I couldn't pay my expenses.

That's pretty much the same argument people have been trying to use against me about women. They are trying to say that the woman who have 100 options only have options that don't meet their requirements (which is ridiculous to have so many options and them all being bad). Though instead of having 100 bad options, I had one bad option. If a woman isn't expected to settle, why should I?

Focus on WHY you only have one option. Just because other people have more options than you doesn't mean you are not capable of having just as many choices as they. This has nothing to do with women somehow being superior, because they're not. This has to do with YOU.

• Like 4
Focus on WHY you only have one option. Just because other people have more options than you doesn't mean you are not capable of having just as many choices as they. This has nothing to do with women somehow being superior, because they're not. This has to do with YOU.

It's not about women being superior. It's about women getting tons of options simply because they are women. They don't have to work at it at all.

Because I'm a man and am only average in looks and shorter than average height, I have to work my ass off to be more attractive to women.

You shouldn't settle.

And neither should women. that's the point.

• Like 9