zoloft body snatched my girlfriend

mr.blond

well, i think social axiety as a condition is kind of illusory. Iv always been very social and outgoing but i feel anxious in certian intense or unfamiliar situations. Social anxiety is a nesseary mental que. I understand that some people are paralized from it. but she wasnt. Now to launch fearlessly into any social situation with out the past exeperiance and social acumen that blunt that anxiety in most of us just seems reckless.

Social anxiety is normal. It becomes a problem when it affects your ability to function and inhibits your daily life. I can't speak for your ex, but she apparently felt that her anxiety was bad enough to seek help. Many people with mental illness will often not tell those closest to them the depths of their problems. Many people are more apt to tell a stranger (therapist, psychiatrist) about their problems than their own family, partners, or friends. The stigma is still bad for mental illness, and many people don't want that label. I know it's difficult to understand why a person would not tell their family or friends how bad their problems are, but so many people are scared of judgement. They don't want those closest to them to see them in a different light and fear rejection from a loved one.

Are you still in contact with her? If so, you really need to cut contact, so you can move on. I know this is a terrible blow after 5 years together, but it's time to focus on yourself.

Let's not act like Zoloft is heroin or anti-psychotic or something. As a person who has tried several different SSRIs and SNRIs, the effects are not that remarkable and hardly personality changing.

Let's not act like Zoloft is heroin or anti-psychotic or something. As a person who has tried several different SSRIs and SNRIs, the effects are not that remarkable and hardly personality changing.

Sorry, you should know better if you have tried these things.

They work differently for everyone. You should know this.

Nothing worked for my ex to relieve:

Smelling things burning when they were not

The voices (we got them down to one from 6)

OCD (30 miles from home...gotta hurry back to see if the stove was left on)

Bouts of rage on seemingly beautiful, sunny days only

Fear that all people were out to get her

Fear the government was after her

Hysterical crying mixed with rage

We tried:

Celexa, Lithium, Lexapro, Lamictal, god knows what else an Zoloft.

Zoloft was the ONLY drug that relieved many of her symptoms while not making her a complete zombie or doing a number on her physical health.

It seemed like a miracle come true... until she 100% lost her entire personality a few month into it.

So yes, these are incredibly powerful, mind altering substances.

My personal feeling was CBT or other therapy would have been more effective, but her #1 fear was they would lock her away forever. So she would only do the drugs. No psychology.

Edited by nofeelings22
  • Like 1
well, i think social axiety as a condition is kind of illusory. Iv always been very social and outgoing but i feel anxious in certian intense or unfamiliar situations. Social anxiety is a nesseary mental que. I understand that some people are paralized from it. but she wasnt. Now to launch fearlessly into any social situation with out the past exeperiance and social acumen that blunt that anxiety in most of us just seems reckless.

Well, that's what happens to some people on SSRI's, the affects are powerful. Others not so much. But apparently for her it worked. Apparently, she thought her social anxiety was more debilitating than you ever knew- to the point she wanted meds for it. Yes, a bit of shyness is normal in everyone- it's natural. It can protect us even. But social anxiety disorder is quite different- to you she may have just seemed a little shy- but to her she was probably having panic attacks and a whole range of symptoms you couldn't see from the outside. You wouldn't even know it.

But now she feels no anxiety at all, due to the meds- which isn't always a good thing in the long run. A

Edited by DbleBetrayal