Why do women include their heels as PART of their natural height?

Hmm, I just came to a realization.

Thinking that this was a common topic I did a search of other threads about height and heels.

While there were a few other threads, they were all started by irc333....

Yep. And we fall for it every time and post in his thread. :laugh:

• Like 4

Said it before and will say it again... Those guys who have height problems with women should move to Australia.

Here height isn't that important to them... Definitely from what I've seen.

They're just as shallow about everything else though :p

It's really interesting (and telling) that some folks here are viewing women as a resource that should preferably be divided out in an equitable fashion. Like... housing, or food, or cattle... :o

• Like 5

Probably even more interesting how some folk here view men as a statue that has a minimum size requirement or as an automatic bank teller on wheels.

At least cattle are living things... I know what I'd prefer to be.

Probably even more interesting how some folk here view men as a statue that has a minimum size requirement or as an automatic bank teller on wheels.

At least cattle are living things... I know what I'd prefer to be.

That's like saying that guys with body size/shape preferences for women are viewing them as Realdolls. :confused: Preferences are normal and human. On the other hand, expecting the opposite gender to be neatly handed out equitably so that nobody 'misses out' is not so.

• Like 6
That's like saying that guys with body size/shape preferences for women are viewing them as Realdolls. :confused: Preferences are normal and human. On the other hand, expecting the opposite gender to be neatly handed out equitably so that nobody 'misses out' is not so.

Thank goodness that realdolls have finally entered the discussion. I was waiting for that.

• Like 4
Saw this profile of an "addendum" of a woman...she added 3 things where...if you're NOT 3 of those things, don't email her.

For one, the obvious...if you're looking for a booty call 2nd, "Don't call me 'honey', or 'hottie'".

3rd...."I wear heels, (shes only 5'4") and if I'm taller than you in heels, sorry, but it won't work".

Now, wouldn't you say it's asking too much if a woman is only 5'4", but if she's wearing 4" heels, she's 5'8"? I sent off my email to her, just to see if she even responds by asking her, "So how tall ARE you in heels, if you wore them, would you be taller than me even though your'e only ...realistically...5'4"?"

Is it pretty superficial to include your heels along with your height as your standards in dating?

I don't see how she is adding heels as part of her natural height. She just wants to wear heels and still be shorter than her boyfriend.

To each his own.

• Like 2
I don't see how she is adding heels as part of her natural height. She just wants to wear heels and still be shorter than her boyfriend.

To each his own.

Thanks, Gore, for bringing us back to that, LOL! We seemed to have gotten lost.

With that said, the email OP sent to her is guaranteed to be ignored.

OP, why don't you find a way to be a bit more playful/humorous when calling out these women for the preferences they dare to state?

• Like 4
Thanks, Gore, for bringing us back to that, LOL! We seemed to have gotten lost.

With that said, the email OP sent to her is guaranteed to be ignored.

OP, why don't you find a way to be a bit more playful/humorous when calling out these women for the preferences they dare to state?

By all means you can go back to talking about real dolls. Don't mind me.

:p

• Like 1
Bruce Leigh
If a person is or isn't attracted to it, they can't help it. I actually agree with you, but that's not the point. The point is that it's whether or not it's shallow is totally irrelevant because people can't rationalize what they like and don't like. It's a physiological response.

To say it is a physiological response is only half of the story. We are controlled by our brains. At least most are :D

What we see and are what we are told, especially from a young age, defines our outlook of the world and the people who are in it.

If girls are told at a young age that when they get older, they will meet someone who is tall, dark and handsome, can you not see the psychological effect this may have?

Boys are told similar things also. The ideal that she will be beautiful, etc.

Some people grow up and make their own mind up on what they like.

Most are influenced by everything they see and hear around them. Some more than others.

Society, like people, has it good side and its bad side. Just sometimes the balance seesaws between good and bad.

Dated women who were taller than me when wearing their biggest heels, didnt bother me one bit, had to ask one of these women to wear them in fact, as she deemed it more of issue than i ever did. Go figure :cool:

normal person
To say it is a physiological response is only half of the story. We are controlled by our brains. At least most are :D

What we see and are what we are told, especially from a young age, defines our outlook of the world and the people who are in it.

If girls are told at a young age that when they get older, they will meet someone who is tall, dark and handsome, can you not see the psychological effect this may have?

Boys are told similar things also. The ideal that she will be beautiful, etc.

Some people grow up and make their own mind up on what they like.

Most are influenced by everything they see and hear around them. Some more than others.

Society, like people, has it good side and its bad side. Just sometimes the balance seesaws between good and bad.

Dated women who were taller than me when wearing their biggest heels, didnt bother me one bit, had to ask one of these women to wear them in fact, as she deemed it more of issue than i ever did. Go figure :cool:

You make a fair point. Although even if that's the case and someone's been conditioned to desire someone who looks a certain way, that's probably also out of their control as well.

• Like 1
Bruce Leigh
You make a fair point. Although even if that's the case and someone's been conditioned to desire someone who looks a certain way, that's probably also out of their control as well.

Only if you continue to think it is out of your control. People can choose to try to think differently. Its not easy but like anything worthwhile, it takes a lot of effort.

Here is s question back on point;

On average, how much time does a woman spend in her biggest heels? (4"+)

Weekly, Monthly, yearly or their whole life?

It will differ for each woman of course, depending on jobs, social life.

How many of those hours will she spend, for example, stood or walking next to her partner?

• Like 1
  • Author

I have a male friend, and I think he has some irrational standards. For one, he won't date red heads...doesn't matter how much they turn heads of the normal male population, it's a deal breaker.

Not sure why.

I'm a girl and I also think it extraordinarily shallow. I don't think this behavior should be encouraged imho. I think it can be explained but I wouldn't condone it.

It's like a guy who has to date blondes so he looks good in his Ferrari. Just materialistic and shallow.

Bruce Leigh

Theyre's a reason this song has become a hit

No different to all the rap songs singing about big butts, etc.

But then rap songs that sing about that stuff are berated and considered a joke..................................................

• Like 1
Only if you continue to think it is out of your control. People can choose to try to think differently. Its not easy but like anything worthwhile, it takes a lot of effort.

Here is s question back on point;

On average, how much time does a woman spend in her biggest heels? (4"+)

Weekly, Monthly, yearly or their whole life?

It will differ for each woman of course, depending on jobs, social life.

How many of those hours will she spend, for example, stood or walking next to her partner?

I don't think the time is relevant. Who cares if it is only 10% of the time they are together? IMO, most women are more likely to be wearing their high heels when they are going out for the evening, whether out to dinner, going to a bar or club, out dancing, at a wedding, on New Year's Eve, or at some other social affair or event. Other women wear high heels nearly all the time. I wear them every single day. I see women walking all over the city in 3 or 4" heels at all times of the day. So, while it may not make a difference when the two of you are sitting home on the couch on Sunday night, if you are going out anywhere, the height difference will be readily apparent.

And, IMO, most women don't want to picture themselves towering over their husband in their wedding photos. If a woman likes to wear high heels and feels like she has to wear low or no heels because she is dating a shorter man, she is ultimately not going to be a happy camper. And you know what? That's her prerogative.

If you think it's so shallow to have a preference in a person's looks, then don't date women who have these preferences! I'm sure you have no preferences at all when it comes to a woman's looks, do you? :rolleyes:

Would a woman who is worried about being taller than the guy she is when she is in heels, be OK if he wore heels or lifts himself so that he would still be taller than her?

Would a woman who is worried about being taller than the guy she is when she is in heels, be OK if he wore heels or lifts himself so that he would still be taller than her?

Well for some men, it may work. If they have enough confidence....

You Better Work! Olympic Gold Medalist Carl Lewis Rocks Red-Hot Heels in Annie Leibovitz's New Book [Photos] - B. Scott | Celebrity Entertainment News, Fashion, Music and Advice

Uh, I know you're trying to be funny, but I wasn't talking about men wearing women's shoes.

I'm talking about actual men's shoes that have a heel in them.

For example

http://fashmark.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/shoes-heels-man.png

The shoes he's wearing, and the one on the top left.

Basically, if I (5'6) was dating a 5'4 woman and she'd be taller than me in 4" heels, when would it be fine if I wore heels as well so that I would still be taller than her?

Ok. Being serious then.

Those shoes form part of an overall style that works for Brand. They will not work for every man.

Bruce Leigh
I don't think the time is relevant. Who cares if it is only 10% of the time they are together?

If you think it's so shallow to have a preference in a person's looks, then don't date women who have these preferences!

I'm sure you have no preferences at all when it comes to a woman's looks, do you? :rolleyes:

You have a point in that you should be 100% happy to be around your partner 24/7.

But is that logical? We are constantly told that dating is a numbers game, for some a massive struggle, i'm sure these people would be delighted with 90% happiness and work on that 10%.

I thought some women have the capacity to emotionally bond with a man so that being taller in heels wouldn't make a difference. Or am i mistaken?

At what point have i said that preference in a person's looks is shallow? I have been rejected by women, no doubt for various reasons. I think nothing of it, they aren't interested, i accept it and move on. Most are polite about it. A few are not but then that's an attitude i can do without anyway.

Everyone has preferences and i am no different. But i can meet a woman who has none of these preferences and find her attractive. I will approach her if i think i have a chance.

My father is 5'6 and my mother is 5'10 and they have been married for nearly 40 years. And it was my mother who made the 1st move.

I'm just glad they got together or i wouldn't even be here :eek:

Basically, if I (5'6) was dating a 5'4 woman and she'd be taller than me in 4" heels, when would it be fine if I wore heels as well so that I would still be taller than her?

Ha ha, if you have an OLD profile, maybe you should put that you " are 5'8 when wearing lifts :D"

Might be a good way to find women on OLD who really don't care about height and would demonstrate a sense of humour not found in some men's profiles.

Edited by Bruce Leigh

Probably the same reason some men post pictures of them with the trucks, ATVs or with shirt off? Am guessing here

Hmm, as it turns out there is a style of men's shoes that has a 2" heel, ironically called a Cuban Heel. What's ironic about it, is that I'm half Cuban and can certainly use the extra 2" :D

I ordered one on Amazon and I'm curious how it will turn out.

I also discovered that some Chuck Taylors have a platform that can add some height. I've heard that the style runs big so I hope a women's 11 will fit :o

Edited by somedude81

Does that mean you are going to add 2" to your height on OLD? If you do, you should say that is "including heels" which is what was alleged the woman had done in the op (though the truth is she actually quoted her height exc. heels).

Now I think it is safe to assume that most people would not be surprised when a woman takes her shoes off for her overall height to drop a few inches. However I do think most would be surprised if a man's height dropped noticeably.

• Like 1