Heartbroken and lost

• Author

So, last night he sent me a text, it was his youngest childs birthday.

"Just dropped them off at home, heart broken right now".

The told me that his parents came and they all celebrated the birthday.

I responded and then he sent me pictures of his kids and the birthday.

Just don't know.

Hiya Keepsake,

I get ya, I truly do. So hugs for you xxx

He's really not worth it though (not even one bit of it btw... ), but I also guess that's not really helpful to you, right now, at this point in time.

And yet... I am certain that one day you will agree.

Chin up. All will be well, you'll see x

• Like 1
  • Author
Hiya Keepsake,

I get ya, I truly do. So hugs for you xxx

He's really not worth it though (not even one bit of it btw... ), but I also guess that's not really helpful to you, right now, at this point in time.

And yet... I am certain that one day you will agree.

Chin up. All will be well, you'll see x

Thank you.... I need all the support I can get...

I am trying to wrap my head around this but I just can't, I don't understand and I have to keep thinking if actually meant what he said and actually did care that he wouldn't act like his is!!!!!!!!!!

Hey keepsafe if you need someone to talk to about your problems add me up in facebook. I will help the most i can :)

Thank you.... I need all the support I can get...

I am trying to wrap my head around this but I just can't, I don't understand and I have to keep thinking if actually meant what he said and actually did care that he wouldn't act like his is!!!!!!!!!!

• Author
Hey keepsafe if you need someone to talk to about your problems add me up in facebook. I will help the most i can :)

I would like that but couldn't you just PM me? Thanks!!

Hey. Sorry for your awful experience. This guy is a complete scumbag. You are so lucky you read his phone tbh. He would have strung you along as long as he needed you.

Keep up the no contact. This prick is not worthy of you. Hopefully he gets cheated on and that he can than relate to the pain he has caused you.

• Like 2
So, last night he sent me a text, it was his youngest childs birthday.

"Just dropped them off at home, heart broken right now".

The told me that his parents came and they all celebrated the birthday.

I responded and then he sent me pictures of his kids and the birthday.

Just don't know.

I'm sorry but what he is doing is called tossing "breadcrumbs."

It does not seem vicious because they are in such tender forms as the thing about his child's birthday.

Unfortunately, You're going to have to remember that he is making the choice NOT to be with you anymore. You are being kept at arms length and being used as a crutch for his emotional dumping.

You may not be mad but I am for you.

Your ex will send tender heart-tugging texts like that then you will find out he is cuddling by the fire with some other girl. What is the point? What is the end game? You seem like a really special and wonderful girl who doesn't deserve this kind of drama.

• Like 2
  • Author

Lovely Daze - Thank you for your kind and encouraging words....

Since that night, I have GONE NC and haven't contacted in anyway shape or form.... It hurts a great deal to know that I don't even matter to him. I find it's getting harder instead of easier... I try to keep myself busy otherwise I will cry.

I am afraid I didn't know the real him... He can run off and start dating other women, that isn't the man I thought I knew. I can't even begin to think about dating anyone else. My friends say that I should go out and date other guys but it's just not something I can do right now. I don't want to be with anyone else. I can't just switch my emotions like that and I don't think it would be fair to anyone else.

I still haven't been able to box all his stuff up.... I did put it out of sight...

I struggling and of course looking for support from my LS friends so that I am not tempted to break NC.

Please give me strength !!!!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Author

So, I have kept up my NC... Keep reading post on LS to keep me sane and in the right direction...

He threw a wrench in my thinking....

Last week was my birthday, I heard nothing from him. Was so very hurt.

So, this evening, he called, I answered, he started with, I owe you an apology. I replied with, for what? He said I forgot your birthday... All I could say was "**** happens". Then he went on about how busy with work he is and he is so tired etc etc.. We talked for like 20 minutes basically all about his work and my fathers surgery that I told him about.

I was very nice and very cheerful...

I am back at square one.... but I am very angry at this point...

I need some input and some GREAT support from my LS friends...

Please help me... I have been trying so hard to get past this..

It's so ironic how we think we want to hear from them and then when we hear from them, it sets us back so far that we're a mess for quite some time.

I had hoped my ex would text me a happy birthday, but he didn't. I felt hurt. But a couple months later when he texted me about the death of someone I knew, part of me was glad to hear from him AT THE MOMENT, but when it was over, I was a WRECK for a couple weeks. Far more hurtful actually hearing from him than when he didn't wish me a happy birthday.

So I really know how you're feeling. The truth is, if they contact us for ANY reason except for reconciliation, it is always more painful than not hearing from them at all.

I promise you that you will get past this. Be patient. The bad feeling will go away. His call sent you reeling back, but not as far back as you think. You'll spring back faster than you can imagine. He called you for completely selfish reasons. He did you no favor by wishing you a belated birthday and talking about all his problems. You'd have been fine now if he hadn't called at all. Next time if he should call, try to think twice before you answer. You will get past this! I know you're thinking about this call all the time now, but in a short amount of time, the memory of the call will become dull and fade away. It did for me and it will for you too. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Geez, are you still missing this guy? I think in a few months you are going to look back at all this, and his antics and laugh. Hell I just did reading some of my replies about him at the latin club. Damn I'm funny.

Anyhoo, seriously, this guy is so in love with himself, I don't think he has anymore love leftover for anyone else. Drop him once and for all.