Cheated in my house..On my bed...to my Cd...I walked in!

JessicaAlmond

I will admit that after awhile I even questioned whether this story was true or not. I didn't say anything though because in case it is true, I didn't want to hurt "Jessica" even more then she is now.

This is one part that I don't understand though. She sent her cousin to the special spot? Earlier you said that Jessica left California and brought her Mom with her so she could move in with her boyfriend. If that was the case, then how could a cousin be close by?

There are other holes to the story that I don't understand but I tend to be a trusting person so I won't get into them. I just wish that someone would clear this all up for us. It's WAY too confusing. For someone who's such a good writer, she definitely left a lot of details out which makes the story seems blurry.

Why does it matter whether it is true or not?

Do you feel you have some expectation of honesty, sincerity, and truth from a free, online community of total strangers?

Get over it--you're entitled to nothing. People who are feeling 'gipped because they suspect a story might not be true need to grow up a bit.

Originally posted by dyermaker

Why does it matter whether it is true or not?

Do you feel you have some expectation of honesty, sincerity, and truth from a free, online community of total strangers?

Get over it--you're entitled to nothing. People who are feeling 'gipped because they suspect a story might not be true need to grow up a bit.

I would say the reason goes without saying but apparently you need to be told.

Yes, there is an unwritten expectation of at least some degree of honesty on an advice forum because many people take time out of their days and nights and lives trying to help people in need. If readers on forums like these can't expect honesty, then what is the point of these forums to begin with? Who's going to bother reading or responding if they figure it's all a story anyway? Ask the owners of this site how they'd feel about people coming here and making up posts - I'm almost certain they wouldn't be too impressed that a site they work hard to keep running is being misused for nonsense.

Judging by your hostile, accusatory and condescending remarks, it would seem that you'd have no problem being duped - I'd seriously have to ask you then if your life is so boring that you wouldn't have a problem wasting your time and giving advice to trolls and story tellers.

By the way: the word is "jipped."

Originally posted by indigo_moon

Yes, there is an unwritten expectation of at least some degree of honesty on an advice forum because many people take time out of their days and nights and lives trying to help people in need.

I've been here now for a year. I've come to the conclusion that meaningful advice comes in a close third to entertainment and self-validation.

If readers on forums like these can't expect honesty, then what is the point of these forums to begin with?

Where does it say that you must be honest? I'm well acquainted with the community guidelines. I've broken several. Honesty is not one of them. No one on this site should be treated as real people, we're simply words on a screen.

Who's going to bother reading or responding if they figure it's all a story anyway?

Plenty! Look at how many replies there are!

Sometimes people give advice because someone's in need. Most of the time they give it for aesthetic purposes though.

I've been on the recieving end of advice, it's cookie-cutter, assembly-line, personality-driven advice. People are too wrapped up in their online personalities to speak their mind.

Ask the owners of this site how they'd feel about people coming here and making up posts - I'm almost certain they wouldn't be too impressed that a site they work hard to keep running is being misused for nonsense.

You're right. It's irrelevant though.

Judging by your hostile, accusatory and condescending remarks, it would seem that you'd have no problem being duped - I'd seriously have to ask you then if your life is so boring that you wouldn't have a problem wasting your time and giving advice to trolls and story tellers.

No, I simply take it for what it is.

By the way: the word is "jipped."

No it's not. While I appreciate your critiques on my life, when you start in on my lexicon, then it gets personal. :laugh:

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=gipped

• Author
JessicaAlmond

Dear LS,

I am writing to apologize. I have left for only a couple of days and I see that in my absence confusion has taken over.

This week has been extreme hell for me but I only have myself to blame. I see you attacking EC when in fact I am the phony, the fake, the fraud, the “attention whore”.

I will give you the real story now and you take it however you want it. I am not doing this for pity, or even because you want to know, I am doing this because I feel badly for what I just made EC go through, not only here but in real life. I am doing this because as of yesterday I am a new woman and I am turning over a new leaf so to speak and I want to try and fix all the damage that I have caused and in some sick way, to make myself feel better.

This is the story,

I do work with EC. She works on the 5th floor, and I work on the 8th floor. I met her during lunch one day when I overheard her speaking about her LDR. Which she always is. I told her I went through an LDR and we got to talking and she gave me this website. I said cool thanks and we hardly spoke since then. Like she explained I never gave her my name and she never gave me hers.

I came onto LS and it was a writers Paradise. I was able to change my name and write about whatever I so chose, and no one knew who I was. And so I lied about a lot of things, not to lie, but just to see people’s reactions to what I had to say. As time passed I completely forgot that EC was on here to. But she didn’t know my name and so I figured I had nothing to worry about. Besides she is young, and naïve she cannot put two and two together. So I thought.

Now to the story,

I did not catch my husband cheating on me but in fact it was the other way around. He caught me. I met my husband living in California with my mother. He had to come back to Florida and so we had an LDR. He came to visit a couple times, as I did and eventually he wanted me to move down. My mother always wanted to move to Florida anyways and so I found an apartment with him and she bought herself a house down here, which I helped her with. We did in fact, grow out of the apartment and bought a house, that part was not a lie. Fast forward to now, I have been having an affair with my boss for about a year now. My post about wanting to experiment with other women was not with my husband but a suggestion my boss came up with and I wanted an input, so I made up a story. My husband came into the house during lunch and caught me. He stormed in and out so fast he didn’t even catch who I was with. I took the rest of the day off and avoided him and his calls. I went to my mother. Then I came on LS and made up that story. It does have some truths to it but it was all a lie.

Why did I do it, first of all it calmed me down to just sit and write. I also didn't want to be the bad guy in my fantasy life either you know. No one likes the bad guy. And I also did it, to in a way get a clearer picture of how my husband was feeling, and how I should go about fixing it. Sounds weird? I need help? I know.

So I posted the story and felt even worse after reading all the responses. I stayed at my mothers to avoid my husband and he showed up drunk. That part was true. I was scared and I was a coward and my whole life was crashing in front of my eyes. My boss kept calling to see if my husband found out it was him, everyone at work kept calling to see why I never came back from lunch. I was going insane and my husband, my poor husband had no idea what was going on, only the fact that he walked in on me cheating and wanted answers.

I went back to work and EC figured it out. She did. She came up to me and said Jessica almond I can’t believe what happened to you. I freaked out and on moments desperation I went with the story I had posted. EC comforted me and was there for me. I felt bad but isn’t that the way it always goes? You have to cover one lie, with another until your life is one big lie or you get caught? Well I finally got EC off my case and that’s when the drama started, my husband started calling my job non-stop and then he showed up at my job. Well, I was scared now and my boss was freaking out and he told me “well do something” (which by the way, I’m such a fool and my boss is a complete stranger to me now and I hate life) But anyways I thought to myself, well EC believed that story quite beautifully and with my husband outside trying to get in, I told the office I had walked in on him cheating the other day, and that’s why I didn’t come home from lunch, so I told them to not let him in. I was doing it to cover my a$$ and cover my boss.

Well my mother knew about the affair but not about LS. No one knew about LS except well EC. To make the story even more believable I even gave EC a post to put up for me while I had a meeting with my “boss”. In which we discussed the details of what our plans were and what we were going to say. I was so shocked at how much of a liar he was as well.lol the irony.

I freaked out after my husband kept showing up and everyone kept trying to console me and I felt horrible. I was too old for this Sh*t. So I panicked and called my friend in San Francisco and I have been there until today. Well, EC freaked out when I didn’t come to work and asked around for my number. She called my poor mother and my mother not knowing what I had told people just said I had picked up and left to Paris. Why Paris who knows? But that’s what my mother told EC to shut her up and that’s what EC wrote here.

Poor EC I have returned and she is in shock because of course and the truth will always come out, it came out while I was gone.

She is so hurt I lied to her and made her look the fool and not to mention everyone at the office. Because while I was gone EC had a card made and had everyone sign it. The truth has come out and that’s why I am writing the truth here as well.

My husband knows, the office knows, all of LS knows now and well my life is sh*t.

I have realized that my husband really loves me more than what I could ever have imagined and he even wants counseling. But I cannot right now. I do not deserve him. I have a problem within myself that I need to figure out first. I am a mess and I am losing my mind. I am a horrible person but what can I say? I know I’m not the only one. My boss is an a**h*** and I cannot believe that leaving my husband for this man ever crossed my mind. In the blink of an eye, that image of him, that image of the person he was, has just completely disappeared. He is a complete stranger to me now. I really thought he cared. I really did and yet, as soon as his a$$ was on the line he has changed with me and turned into this monster.

In the end after everything, the irony is incredible. Because coming from the story I made up I am left .alone, hurt, confused, a mess of a woman, destroyed.

I am turning over a new leaf. I am leaving my job, my boss, and my mother and moving to San Francisco. Again like I said before, I am running away from everything. I can’t handle it right now. I am a coward I know this. I am a liar, I know this. I am leaving to try and start a new life and find out who I am. Find out why I lie and hey maybe even write a book about it one day.

I apologize for misleading you LS. I apologize for all the posts you wrote which meant something to me believe it or not. I apologize EC for everything if know what I mean. Don’t leave LS they didn’t know the whole story. I’m sorry for taking your escape from you. I deserve everything you called me and more.

I am leaving LS and leaving to San Francisco in a week. I haven't found a job there yet, but i have enough in savings to last me a while and I will be staying with my friend for a while until I can get on my feet. My husband knows I am leaving. He is destroyed. I have messed up his life, as well as mine. He doesn't want me to go but I am leaving.

Hopefully this cleared things up a bit, but of course there are always those that like to cause chaos and will read and re read this looking for anything, any letter any word, any anything to try and cause more arguments because they are bored and have nothing better to do and just like I like to lie, they get a sick satisfaction and false sense of importance when they think they have “caught” someone or when they put someone down. But I won’t say anything because look what I have done.

Again, I am sorry everyone, I probably won’t be back and if I am back you probably will never know its me.

PS I have no kids.

Wow. That is quite a story indeed. I've been on other forums where people eventually confessed to having made up their characters and stories but I don't think I've seen on on LS before, though it's entirely possible we have some.

My caution to you - if this *is* the true story - is that running away won't help or fix you. You'll have the same problems, but with no support system around you, no job, and knowing nobody you'll feel that much worse.

I suggest you go stay with your mom and get yourself to some counselling. If, after undergoing a course of counselling, you still want to move then do so but, at this point, wherever you go your problems will be with you - even clear across the continent.

Hmmmmm. Thanks for the confession...I guess...but this story smells even phonier than the original. No offense, but I'll be focussing my attention on the real people with real problems on LS, of which there are many.

• Author
JessicaAlmond

lol I have to laugh because of all the questions I thought I would recieve you ask me that.

That incident actually worked out perfectly for me. He showed up with his best friend and I said that was the other woman and that he had gotten her pregnant. They believed me and that was the end of that. He couldn't get into my workplace.

• Author
JessicaAlmond
Hmmmmm. Thanks for the confession...I guess...but this story smells even phonier than the original. No offense, but I'll be focussing my attention on the real people with real problems on LS, of which there are many.

Solemate this is all I have for you....

Hopefully this cleared things up a bit, but of course there are always those that like to cause chaos and will read and re read this looking for anything, any letter any word, any anything to try and cause more arguments because they are bored and have nothing better to do and just like I like to lie, they get a sick satisfaction and false sense of importance when they think they have “caught” someone or when they put someone down. But I won’t say anything because look what I have done.

Thanks for the reply, JA.

I hope that whatever you have been faced with, that you come out of it okay.

Thanks for coming back and posting rather than to leave it a 'LS mystery'.

Good luck, and may your journey be smooth.

• Author
JessicaAlmond

I am 32. But then again I lie about that all the time that I sometimes don't even know myself. But last time I checked I was 32.

hugznkisses21

I can see a 14 yr old doing this...and although i shouldnt be wasting my time responding cause it is just a forum and who cares....i bet a lot of people are lying...but u are apprently...and i stress appartenly 32....grow up!

This is sooo stupid!

I cant belive u put people thought this emotional rollercoster....

I think it's absolutely awful that anyone would abuse a forum meant to be helpful to people. How sad!

You cheated then invented some bogus lies to get sympathy??!

EC I'm sorry you were made to believe someone was sincere and then you wasted your time being nice and caring just to find out they were selfish lying asswipes!

And the story actually brought tears to my eyes. I felt her pain for her. I even showed my fiance her post and I rarely do that.

I told him I thought it was strange, and didn't want to believe it. But for support's sake, had to.

Oh fwell.

Another lesson learned, beloved LoveShackerz.

well im a bit dissapointed w/ all of this... i felt really badfor you and offered advice throughout this whole thing and i was looking forward to what was going on thru updates...turns out all this was b/s

i dont want to be mean...but i think your becoming a pathological liar....why lie about stupid little things...especially over the internet? lol .. but anyways if ur husband loves you and wants to work this out.. give it a shot.. u guys got married for a reason? but then again ur right u dont deserve him b/c u lied & cheated...and with ur boss...i hope u remain in contact w/ ur mom & x-husband atleast...it hurts when u decieve someone and just vanish away from their life...well thats that i guess...im not pissed just dont understand why u couldnt tell the truth from the beginning....u need to learn how to start w/ the truth wayyy in the beginning to avoid all these problems that are going on now...well good luck

Originally posted by Barby

I think it's absolutely awful that anyone would abuse a forum meant to be helpful to people. How sad!

You cheated then invented some bogus lies to get sympathy??!

EC I'm sorry you were made to believe someone was sincere and then you wasted your time being nice and caring just to find out they were selfish lying asswipes!

Don't be fool people this still EC, any other time she would be online at this time, but she's not because she posing as jessica

JA, we would've supported you and your issues as much as possible...if you could've just been honest.

I really hate that I put time and energy into this situation. :o But everyone else did too.

Originally posted by TURNMEOVER

Don't be fool people this still EC, any other time she would be online at this time, but she's not because she posing as jessica

I would hope with my heart of hearts that no one would ever do something so silly...I hope this isn't true, I'm not one to say or believe in either way because I don't know and can't know for sure...but I would think it would be too silly for anyone to do something like that.