He says it will happen in the future...maybe??

He hasn't made an effort to reach out to you in two weeks. That should be a great indicator that he's not really into you.

OP, I feel that you are not willing or able, at this time, to hear what I am saying. That said, I will try one more time:

It's over. You are not dating this man. You are on some distant back burner/friendzone/limbo nonsense, and at this point you are simply torturing yourself with astonishing mental gymnastics and obsessive ruminating.

You can change this, however. You can take control of the situation, find your self-respect, and go cold, hard NC.

It's over. Time to accept it, and move on with dignity to the rest of your life.

M.

• Author

So I have been doing pretty well. Talking to other guys, some friendly, some flirty. Doing my own thing. So I ended up at a house party tonight with my roommate. My guy's friends stroll in, he graduated so obviously he isn't there. I know them so I say hi. I know of his best friend, but we've never officially met. I introduce myself to him, and he said he knew exactly who I was and said my full name and everything. I asked how he knew and he was kinda like duh!! then goes "Oh Kyle told me everything about you." What the heck. So he told his best friend about me?? I asked him if he heard all good things, and he said "Of course." I didn't want to make it awkward so I dropped it. I wonder what he told him. He must have liked me somewhat because this guy is his best friend. IDK!!!! What the heck???

He must have liked me somewhat because this guy is his best friend. IDK!!!! What the heck???

He must have liked you, somewhat but sadly, not enough to be with you in a committed relationship. A guy can sing your praises but that doesn't mean anything if he's not choosing to be by your side. Words mean nothing, action is everything. I don't see him doing anything. ZERO ACTION. If he can go two weeks with no contact, no one's chasing. Let it go and stop analyzing every single little thing.

You don't know what he said to his mate. He might have said that he had this chick on the hook and they both laughed about it. But if asked, he will lie to protect his friend.

Might seem crazy at first, but it's true. Unlikely the friend would bother to make an awkward comment and drag himself into it when he could effortlessly go along with what you said.

It's hard to live a productive, healthy life when so much of your mental energy is being diverted to an ex. I know because I'm going through it too.

I have been following your thread and feel very sorry for you. You seem like a nice great girl and this is sad because its one of those things, right person, wrong time. I totally understand what you are going through. You guys probably did go so well together, but he had just gotten out of a relationship and was graduating. I feel like he would have pursued you more if you guys had been still going to school together. But to be honest it sounds like an honest case of he can't be there with you, so you aren't together. Sometimes things like this happen. My cousin and her boyfriend from college dated and got into a relationship. Right after, she decided to come home and take a semester off. They broke up because there was no way the distance was going to work. Well years later....they are married now.

It seems like to me that he never expected to find someone wonderful like you straight out of his broken relationship. He was in love with her, but you shocked him with being the fun cool person you seem to be. He realized that there are better people out there than his ex. This doesn't mean he's ready to move on, but that he did genuinely like you as a person.

I know its cheesy, but if its meant to be, it will be. Take pride that you made this man fall for you. It is him who didn't hold onto the balloon, metaphorically speaking. Now if he chooses to blow up another balloon for you both, then let it happen, but don't be too hasty to just grab it from him. If he doesn't, then he is loosing a great girl to begin with. Maybe he was right in when he said he couldn't give you all he could give. It doesn't seem like he can call you that much or give you a lot of time. What and see if maybe he comes for you. The fact that he does call still and flirt with you means he did like you. This wasn't a booty call, because you never were intimate, and its not like you can waltz down to his block and hop in bed with him because you said you guys are long distance.

I also worry that he was trying to get in your head hoping you would sleep with him. You didn't and that shows you respect yourself. Hopefully he values that too. I tend to think this isn't the case because after a while he would have stopped calling and trying for that matter, when he realized you weren't an east target. He continues to call. I am not trying to give you false hope but this situation prompts me to think he will come back to you. It might not be soon at all, but I think he will.

My best advice is to not be ready for him when he does. Don't be the cookie girl waiting at his beckon call. Go out, meet people, have friends, be fun. If he comes to your school and wants to hangout make him work for it. Tell him your busy but will try and squeeze him in when you can. Be your own biggest cheerleader, not his. Be strong, stay healthy, and don't let him bring you down. Good Luck.

• Like 1