He says it will happen in the future...maybe??

• Author
Sorry to see you're having a rough time. I agree with other posters that it appears he's just not that into you and was trying to let you down easily. The best thing you can do is disappear and focus on letting go. If he becomes interested again, it will be on his own time and on his terms.

Read up on a technique called "thought stopping." I think it might help.

Thank you! I'm still at a loss half of people say oh he likes you and half say he wasnt into me. Why say all that stuff he said when we were together and share All those nice moments together. Guys are pretty straight forward either they like you or they don't. He told my best friend straight out " your not my type I don't like you" when they were dating. He said not such thing to me and even said " if I didn't have feelings for you anymore i would have called you or told you on the phone...did I ever do that...no! Cause I do. I wouldn't have kept calling you. " or when we first talked about a relationship and he wanted to just keep going steady for the summer and see where things went he knew I was slightly upset by his answer and he grabbed my hand and walked me to my room and guaranteed me that he still liked me. this guy is confusing much. Like what happened when he went home??? Summer stinks. And his guy is so back and forth. Thanks for the advice. I'm gonna try and stop going in depth about what happened. It happened and I did all I could. His loss.

Edited by amkxoxo
Simon Phoenix
Thank you! I'm still at a loss half of people say oh he likes you and half say he wasnt into me. Why say all that stuff he said when we were together and share All those nice moments together. Guys are pretty straight forward either they like you or they don't. He told my best friend straight out " your not my type I don't like you" when they were dating. He said not such thing to me and even said " if I didn't have feelings for you anymore i would have called you or told you on the phone...did I ever do that...no! Cause I do. I wouldn't have kept calling you. " or when we first talked about a relationship and he wanted to just keep going steady for the summer and see where things went he knew I was slightly upset by his answer and he grabbed my hand and walked me to my room and guaranteed me that he still liked me. this guy is confusing much. Like what happened when he went home??? Summer stinks. And his guy is so back and forth. Thanks for the advice. I'm gonna try and stop going in depth about what happened. It happened and I did all I could. His loss.

Just editing out the extra stuff.

• Like 2
I'm gonna try and stop going in depth about what happened.

The reasons are usually not as complex as we make them out to be. We want some convoluted answer that might hurt less than the person simply doesn't want to be with us. Because it's pretty darn difficult to fix if someone just doesn't want to be with us. If we twist our minds and create some complicated reason, surely we can fix it right? Wrong.

Biggest waste of time ever. And asking the person to keep explaining themselves. . . . . second biggest waste of time because they usually can't explain it to our satisfaction. Because really it's not that difficult. And it doesn't matter in the end because you still aren't together.

• Like 1
  • Author

Yeah...that's one of the reasons I'm confused. People tell me its usually pretty self explanatory...so him saying he still has feelings for me and thinks once his life is more put together we'll be together??? that's what he says. That's what I hope for. Then people tell me oh its his way of letting you off easy. When I questioned him about it " what so your trying to string me along until I meet someone else and forget about you so you can be free of me" .....he was insulted and told me if he wanted nothing to do with me he would have said it and stopped calling. He never did. I feel crazy sometimes. Because I don't even know if we even broke up. Its more of a 'not now we'll see' and as a girl we love labels. We love to know where we stand all the time. It gives us piece of mind. This guy is leading me around a shopping mall with no real clear indication of what store were going into. I don't even think he knows. He seems so confused about his life himself. He doesn't know what he wants or where he going. He's like going through a rough transition phase. I'm so hard on myself. Maybe I should have done this or maybe I should have done that. I think I should have opened up more to him and shown a more vulnerable side of me. But in my perception I I feel like I let loads of my walls down for him.

He always used to ask me what my fear was. I would say things like bugs and the dark. But honestly I am afraid of attachment. I feel so deeply for people and get so attached to them...whether it be friends, family, or men. Either they phase out or betrayal comes into play. It breaks me in half. I have so much faith in people and get so attached to them and it hurts my heart so badly when something goes wrong. That's why I rarely date because I'm terrified of actually trusting someone with my respect, loyalty, and love. People take advantage. It kills me. I wish I could tell him all this.

Simon Phoenix

Stop, stop, stop, stop!!! If he wanted to be with you he'd be with you. He doesn't, so he's not. That's all, that's it. STOP F--KING OVERANALYZING!

• Like 3
  • Author

I know. What's done is done. I planned on selling the tickets to the concert but my mom convinced me to wait it out since its not until September. She says "anything could happen between now and then". He was always really bad and uncomfortable taking gifts from people. Sometimes I would just bring him bags of his favorite candy and he found it hard to accept it and it would freak him out and he would always ask me not to get him things, but i didnt listen. I think he feels reallly bad when he feels he either isnt or cant give in return. I think he likes to be the one to give. Financially was a big burden to him and i think being low on money made him feel weak and like he couldnt do more for me. I like giving to people but I think he sometimes feels unworthy of getting.

My mom thinks that it wasn't that he didn't want my present or to go with me, he was probably so uncomfortable with a large gift like that. he already had tickets for the same concert as I mentioned before. He immediately offered to sell his tickets so we could go. I didn't know at the time what to do so I still have them. I mean he offered many times to sell his. I just don't know if we should still go. It might be so hard just going on a friend basis. Like no hugging kissing etc.. and I would be afraid maybe what if he's in really good mood and decides to get all cute and touchy feely when were there. I wouldn't mind but that could give me the wrong impression. Idk. So far I still have them and am going to keep them and see. Whether we go or I sell them.

I know. What's done is done. I planned on selling the tickets to the concert but my mom convinced me to wait it out since its not until September. She says "anything could happen between now and then". He was always really bad and uncomfortable taking gifts from people. Sometimes I would just bring him bags of his favorite candy and he found it hard to accept it and it would freak him out and he would always ask me not to get him things, but i didnt listen. I think he feels reallly bad when he feels he either isnt or cant give in return. I think he likes to be the one to give. Financially was a big burden to him and i think being low on money made him feel weak and like he couldnt do more for me. I like giving to people but I think he sometimes feels unworthy of getting.

My mom thinks that it wasn't that he didn't want my present or to go with me, he was probably so uncomfortable with a large gift like that. he already had tickets for the same concert as I mentioned before. He immediately offered to sell his tickets so we could go. I didn't know at the time what to do so I still have them. I mean he offered many times to sell his. I just don't know if we should still go. It might be so hard just going on a friend basis. Like no hugging kissing etc.. and I would be afraid maybe what if he's in really good mood and decides to get all cute and touchy feely when were there. I wouldn't mind but that could give me the wrong impression. Idk. So far I still have them and am going to keep them and see. Whether we go or I sell them.

Omg!

He bought tickets to go with his brother for his brother's birthday! I think it's selfish that you want or think he should go with you!

If my boyfriend got tickets for himself and his brother and I bought the same I tickets I would encourage him to go with his little brother because I love him and I understand that family is important.

• Author

Well that's why I felt bad for asking him to sell his tickets. I didn't of course. He said it was no big deal and that he would just sell them and take his brother to something else. My guy is like this bands biggest fan, and I don't know how much his litte brother really likes them. Like he originally said "I can't go I already gave tickets to .." yada yada about his brother. I told him I had them for months and there was no way I would have known he had bought them. when he first brought it up about selling his tickets I told him exactly what you said "well no you already gave them to him and he thinks he's going I wouldn't want you to pull them away from him, it was his birthday present".

He made it seem like no big deal to sell them, but I understand what your saying. Well he felt bad because I bought them for us to go as a gift for him. It was so awkward and I kept apologizing over and over again. He was like "look, stop saying your sorry you didn't do anything wrong it was a great gift and thoughtful and perfect for me." Lime at one point he asked me " do you really even want to go to this show" ...I was so confused by this question so I said " well yes I wanted to go with you because you love then and it makes you happy." Ughhh sorry I'm trying not to re hash anymore I just still have to deal with these tickets. I am so into him being for his family because I'm so for mine and appreciate other people who cherish their family.

Rip the the tickets up. Give it to a friend that likes this band.

But seriously who gives a f**k! It's not till September!

Simon Phoenix

Well that's why I felt bad for asking him to sell his tickets. I didn't of course. He said it was no big deal and that he would just sell them and take his brother to something else. My guy is like this bands biggest fan, and I don't know how much his litte brother really likes them. Like he originally said "I can't go I already gave tickets to .." yada yada about his brother. I told him I had them for months and there was no way I would have known he had bought them. when he first brought it up about selling his tickets I told him exactly what you said "well no you already gave them to him and he thinks he's going I wouldn't want you to pull them away from him, it was his birthday present".

He made it seem like no big deal to sell them, but I understand what your saying. Well he felt bad because I bought them for us to go as a gift for him. It was so awkward and I kept apologizing over and over again. He was like "look, stop saying your sorry you didn't do anything wrong it was a great gift and thoughtful and perfect for me." Lime at one point he asked me " do you really even want to go to this show" ...I was so confused by this question so I said " well yes I wanted to go with you because you love then and it makes you happy." Ughhh sorry I'm trying not to re hash anymore I just still have to deal with these tickets. I am so into him being for his family because I'm so for mine and appreciate other people who cherish their family.

God damn it just f--king sell them.

• Like 3
  • Author

Okay!! I'm done with my re hashing rants on here. One last thing. When we went over our boundaries and talked about us we agreed to keep talking and communicating like we had been. We left things on a good note, not a break up like most of you think. More like casual dating. He still wants me in his life still he told me. I called him 9 days ago and he called me right back when he had time. We talked about our lives and I reassured him that I wasn't angry with him. I haven't heard from him since. I'm confused as to why. Time is different to him than me. Sometimes I wouldn't see him for 3 days and he would just be like "oh what's up" and it was like you've been missing that's what's up and he acted like it wasn't a long time. I refuse to contact him because I don't want to fall back into that pattern of following him around like a puppy, but i am strong enough now to be his friend. I also want to give him the space he needs. We used to alternate. I would call him and then he would call me. Maybe it hasn't been a lot of time for him, but it has been for me. Weird????

You wanna be his friend now?! Wtf! What happened to I don't think I can be his friend, its all or nothing.

As for your we didn't break up comment well it seems like you guys weren't even dating at all. I mean like he didn't want to label it therefore, it seems like you weren't even dating or his girlfriend. Did he ever call you his girlfriend?

I agree it seems more like causal dating like the kind where you can see others.

He just doesn't seem to care enough or understand what effective communication is.

If he really liked you then he would put in effort to contact to you. He seems uninterested. So stop chasing him and obsessing over him like a lost puppy! He probably isn't ready for a relationship or mature enough for one. Let him be.

He probably calls you back out of respect and being like oh damn I forgot to text or call her in awhile or its important or something happened.

He has contacted because he doesn't want to talk to you!! It appears that you're not a priority in his life right now. It's as simple as that.

Edited by Archanaart
  • Like 1
Simon Phoenix
Okay!! I'm done with my re hashing rants on here. One last thing. When we went over our boundaries and talked about us we agreed to keep talking and communicating like we had been. We left things on a good note, not a break up like most of you think. More like casual dating. He still wants me in his life still he told me. I called him 9 days ago and he called me right back when he had time. We talked about our lives and I reassured him that I wasn't angry with him. I haven't heard from him since. I'm confused as to why. Time is different to him than me. Sometimes I wouldn't see him for 3 days and he would just be like "oh what's up" and it was like you've been missing that's what's up and he acted like it wasn't a long time. I refuse to contact him because I don't want to fall back into that pattern of following him around like a puppy, but i am strong enough now to be his friend. I also want to give him the space he needs. We used to alternate. I would call him and then he would call me. Maybe it hasn't been a lot of time for him, but it has been for me. Weird????

You aren't anywhere in the same galaxy of being strong enough to be his friend. Just reread your rehashing rants ITT. You are deluding yourself right now out of fear and desperation.

• Author

Yeah I mean its the fact that he doesn't even give me the decency of even a friend. Like a friend would contact you at least. A text here or there or a phone call. He never called me his girlfriend because we didn't get up to a relationship stage but he said himself that we were dating and going steady. Before summer hit I told him I wasn't planning on seeing anyone else and he complied that " well yeah its not the best thing to do when your trying to make it work with someone" through the summer it think it became more casual dating. Not that he's off seeing people and neither am I but he felt guilty that I was sitting around waiting for him when he wasn't healthy or in a good frame of mind to be in a relationship. Like I want us to still be apart of each others lives even as bad as I hate it, as friends. But you have to be a friend to have a friend. Yeah he definitely has communication problems, I have told him that its one of his biggest flaws. Your right I need to just let it go and give him space. If he calls he calls if he doesn't them its his loss of me as a person in his life who cared about him. Just got to brush it off. Its just so bizarre to me, now maybe I'm wrong and he is sad we aren't together but how can he care for me so much one minute and forget me the next. I could be wring maybe he cares more than I think, but I'm like mourning his loss in my life and its taking me a lot to get over him. He obviously goes about his life without me.

Rebound relationships most of the time do not last. So he is doing you a favor, by not jumping into a relationship. You need to back off. He's not ready and you should respect that.

• Like 1
I called him 9 days ago and he called me right back when he had time. We talked about our lives and I reassured him that I wasn't angry with him. I haven't heard from him since. I'm confused as to why.

Ummm, because you aren't dating, so he really has no obligation to call you at all. This is just sad. You really want to live your life like this? Measuring time based on when he last called you.

• Like 2
He still wants me in his life still he told me.

On his terms. This is what you call an unequal relationship, and those never work. You each have different expectations.

Also, you are not in any shape to be this man's friend. This is such a disaster. This thread makes me sad. I'm usually not this harsh with my responses but d*mmit, this is just sad.

• Like 2
  • Author

I appreciate your honesty. I understand we have different expectations and he said he was in no shape to give me what a good relationship is. He lists off all these things he would do as a great boyfriend and tells me that its what I am looking for and deserve but he said he isn't in a good place to do that and wants to eventually do that in the future. He says he can do alI these great things and I deserve the time and love I'm looking for. I appreciate him being upfront with me and honest where most guys would string me along. What I don't get is if you expect to do all those things in the future with me then you kind of need some sort of baseline communication I would think...anything for that matter. I'm trying to give him space by not contacting him and letting him do what he needs to do. In the end if we dont end up together I just want him to be happy and I know he isn't right now.

I appreciate your honesty. I understand we have different expectations and he said he was in no shape to give me what a good relationship is. He lists off all these things he would do as a great boyfriend and tells me that its what I am looking for and deserve but he said he isn't in a good place to do that and wants to eventually do that in the future. He says he can do alI these great things and I deserve the time and love I'm looking for. I appreciate him being upfront with me and honest where most guys would string me along. What I don't get is if you expect to do all those things in the future with me then you kind of need some sort of baseline communication I would think...anything for that matter. I'm trying to give him space by not contacting him and letting him do what he needs to do. In the end if we dont end up together I just want him to be happy and I know he isn't right now.

But he is just stringing you along isn't he by keeping communication? ;)

All he's doing is a classic M.O. He's too afraid to say a firm NO, but don't want to sound like he's completely cutting you off. No man is stupid enough to cut off the opportunity to dump his semen into a prospective virgin vagina either where he likes you or not. He knows you like him, but you don't know if he's going to treat you like a notch on his bed post either. He also know that eventually his action is going to drill into your psyche and you will eventually have to give up your moral values and give him what most men truly wants -- sex. He will appreciate that afterwards and he will say "I love you a million times" just keep letting him relieve his sex urges and B.S you into saying sex=love and intimacy. Why he knows this? You're not the only chick in town that has high moral values babe! Other girls gave up because if they don't, boys aren't going to be their BFs.

The only way to play this game is to improve yourself. Be confident and have higher self-esteem and be proud and loving yourself. That way, you will attract the man who will truly appreciate who you are, not what down there underneath you. Then when both of you make love together, it is for the union of you two, not just the benefit of himself.

This guy is a pro. He just hung around to see how long you're giving up your virginity. That's all.

Now, if you want to find out the feeling of what it meant getting laid; that's a totally different story. I suspect that's not you.

Edited by happydate
  • Like 1

amkxoxo--

i have just been looking through your story--its sad how your entire life (or at least mind) has been taken over by this guy. He is just ONE person, and this is causing you so much more harm than good.

Dont you want someone who is a good communicator? Who you dont have to try and figure out? That things are simple and straightforward, and you have a sense of stability, understanding, and love?

Surely, you dont want this. You are addicted, its like a drug. You need to, NEED TO, let go. For your own health.

• Like 2

Why is anybody still responding to her?

Everytime she's like "ok i am done" and then she goes on another everlong paragraphed rant of **** that we have heard before.

I don't even think she takes to heart what we say. She really just listens to what she wants to hear... Which is the fabrications in her mind about how there are all these things he said, but but but, it's all these buts... it's making me angry almost to not be able to get through to this person.

Be rational. Please. RATIONAL!

Live your life. Don't you have a career to work on, friends to hang out with, hobbies to engage in?

This is the last time I will say this: GET OFF LOVESHACK and try to win your life back. You had one before this guy and you will have one after him. You just need to kick yourself in the butt or accept all the buttkicks you got on here and make the best of it already. Or it will never get better.

This is insane...

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Author

So I'm on vacation and doing really well. Wearing my bikini and I'm so glad I did. I definitely want to tone more but otherwise life is pretty good. I am getting more confident and I think this trip has opened my eyes that I don't need him to have a good time. I am having a nice time by myself and with my family.

I haven't heard from him in a month and he's been missing from all social media outlets. Well last night I went to go to bed and I put my phone on silent and on the floor. I was laying there trying to sleep and for some reason I grabbed my phone and was looking at the blank screen. I just felt like I should for some odd reason. Well suddenly the blank screen came to life and his name popped up. He was calling me. I jumped up with shock and awe and answered it.

He said he was calling to tell me that he was okay, and alive, and that he has been severely sick in the hospital for almost a month. He just got out. He said he was so grateful that I was so calm and collected and understanding. Because I was. I asked him "why wouldn't I be?" and he said that he texted his ex telling her he was okay because she had tried to text him. He said that she was mean and mad at him. He called her trying to clarify things and she was not nice to him. He said that she was angry he didn't answer her messages and he should have told her where he was and that he was sick. Then he was mad at her because he doesn't owe her anything she broke up with him. I said this to him too. He doesn't owe her anything because she is moved on with someone else. She told him that they had a 9 month relationship and that they were close and he should let her know when he's sick. He challenged her back saying that he had been with other girls in the past longer than her and he doesn't call them telling them his status in life because they are over.

He vented all this to me, because I think she holds him by a string. I told him to stop throwing her a line, and he said he doesn't and wants to distance himself from her and maybe its not a good idea that they are friends and I told him I agree. He told me that when they broke up they did the whole friends thing and she told him that she felt like she couldn't be happy with him around because she had so much going for her like a good job, a car, school, and internship, and friends, and he is struggling. I told him that he shouldn't want or have anyone in his life that doesn't support him, and should want someone who supports his life no matter how it is at the time.

I think he regrets a lot with her. He told me when they first started dating he asked her if she thought there was anything he could change on himself. She made him a list of things he could change with himself. I thought this was ridiculous and asked him why he wanted to be with someone who wanted him to change himself. He said "Yeah I wish I saw that then." I told him that I would never do that even if he asked. He asked me why?? I told him because it isn't my place. If you think you need to change something with yourself than that is with you and yourself to do. Unless if directly affects me I wouldn't say anything, and you should want to be with someone who likes you, doesn't want all things to change with you.

We talked for two hours and were joking around and laughing like old times. He kept saying over and over throughout that he was still so shocked that I wasn't mad or snippy with him, and how nice and understanding I was. I told him that I figured if he could call he would. When I didn't hear from him, I figured he would call when he could and something must have been up. He was appreciative and I think surprised by me.

We were talking like back when we were dating, it was so nice. At one point I said something and he said "There it is again. Your perfect." and I was like "what??" and he was like "You don't realize how perfect you are. You do all the right things. If I could give attributes to other people most of them would be from you." I was taken back by this, he used to say that when we were together. I kept things light and laughable by saying "well I try." and he sent back "No you don't I think its naturally who you are. you're a good person."

At another point in the conversation he said something I couldn't make out because it was muffled. It sounded like "fjewfnkj 'flirting' dwjds fjwknfdksnf" I asked him what he said again and he said never mind. It sounded to me like "I was trying to be flirting back to you."

He was so happy for me that I was doing well and was happy and he was super happy for me that I was on vacation. He would ask me questions and I him. I am trying not to get super excited by this. I am holding my expectations super low for him and if he rises up and surpasses them then maybe things could go somewhere. I'm trying to just keep him at arms length in my heart. When I woke up and told my mom everything she said "I think he loves you, it really just isn't good time. See he's been sick for a month." I hope she's right but I'm not holding my breath.

im sorry, but it sounds like you are his back up plan. He was using you as emotional support- and even more insultingly- using you to vent about his ex.

Idk. I would never be okay with that. That isnt love. That seems manipulative, because he knows you will be there and will listen to him talk about another woman.

Thats just me. I really dont see that interaction as positive. If he really wanted you/loved you, he would simply say that. Or show it more than just a phone call. and as a side note, i dont really blame the ex for being pissed with him. Was he so sick he couldnt even answer one text saying he was okay? That would have kinda annoyed me (unless of course he was so sick he absolutely could not touch his phone for even five minutes..but i doubt that).

Anyway. Just my opinion. I would keep moving on. Let him go.

• Like 1
  • Author

I mean he was extremely sick he could not leave the hospital for weeks and could have died. He said he was rushed there so suddenly he forgot his cell phone charger so after a couple days it died and that was it. I believe he is telling the truth because in the past he would atleast tweet from the hospital. This time its been a month of him totally missing. I agree with you I'm sick and tired of him talking about his past relationships and I don't want to hear it. At this point it hurts my feelings because I want that more than anything with him and he isn't going to give it to me, but wants to tell me all about it with other people. I might say something if it happens again. I felt bad so I let him vent because he seemed like he really needed someone to listen and he doesn't just go and talk to just anyone. He has to trust the person. Idk like I feel like I get mixed signals. Don't pull all that "your perfect" crap if you don't intend to follow through. Like Oh yeah I'm perfect but apparently not enough for you. I liked it when he said it but I'm not holding onto it. We talked for hours, then he realized what time it was and said he should go call others to let them know he's home and okay. He said he meant to keep the conversation short with everyone but he got carried away with me, but he didn't mind. Why even call me??

I also feel like he is having a hard time letting his ex go. They broke up at the end of January and he warned me when we started dating that he had just gotten out of something and wasn't totally jumping in full force again, but it didn't stop us. Like he was telling me how she is dating someone new and keeping it on the down low, and he even knew the guys name. And the way he talked about it was with such disgust. I wanted to yell at him and be like "Woah she dumped you, move on. She is." Like he will say he doesn't care but it obviously bothers him. Everything with her bothers him. I question if him getting over her has caused us not to get into something serious. He isn't ready for that. If she isn't his friend he's sad but when they are just friends which is since the break up everything with it seems to go wrong and he ends up sad. Ugh this guy. I want to yell at him and be like "You have me, you always have me. I'm always there for you, and I love you more than anything. Open your eyes. The 'perfect' girl is right here."

Edited by amkxoxo