Why are there no good guys left?

Eternal Sunshine

Drseussgrrl

Maybe she herself isn't looking for a relationship.

When I'm feeling emotionally unavailable I attract the same.

I'm not right now, and suss those types out very quickly.

Southern Cal Dude
Well, apparently they have other incentives! Because where I live your job, education and all that totally matters. If you live in a small town yeah, men wouldn't care if you worked in Mcdolands maybe. I've had many, many men tell me they wouldn't settle for a woman with low status education and job.

I've heard that once or twice from Ivy League guys, but they're not the norm. I remember reading on another forum; A woman can be president of the United States or find the cure for cancer. If a woman is a 6, she will always be a 6. If a guy is dirt poor, he can look like Brad Pitt and it won't matter.

Drseussgrrl
Well, apparently they have other incentives! Because where I live your job, education and all that totally matters. If you live in a small town yeah, men wouldn't care if you worked in Mcdolands maybe. I've had many, many men tell me they wouldn't settle for a woman with low status education and job.

Ha yep this is pretty much DC where the second question after they ask your name is "So what do you do?"

• Like 1
mesmerized
I've heard that once or twice from Ivy League guys, but they're not the norm. I remember reading on another forum; A woman can be president of the United States or find the cure for cancer. If a woman is a 6, she will always be a 6. If a guy is dirt poor, he can look like Brad Pitt and it won't matter.

I love how you use this to say women are more shallow than men. :laugh: At least we women are giving you a chance! if you're ugly you have other options. But if a woman isn't born attractive, she'll be and outcast and hated no matter what. Good to know.:laugh:

• Like 2
Ha yep this is pretty much DC where the second question after they ask your name is "So what do you do?"

Who are you gals meeting?? I've heard that very same thing--I live not that far away from DC--and as long as she is gainfully employed, it doesn't matter that that much to me. I've been attracted to the tough Navy chic, the caring elementary school teacher, the caring nurse, and a hot lawyer with a brand-new BMW.

mesmerized

exactly. Men with options realize they can have it all. With all the women out there who are gorgeous and also have a life, they're not gonna settle for a woman that just has attractiveness to offer.

• Like 1
Drseussgrrl
I love how you use this to say women are more shallow than men. :laugh: At least we women are giving you a chance! if you're ugly you have other options. But if a woman isn't born attractive, she'll be and outcast and hated no matter what. Good to know.:laugh:

In DC I am expected to be educated from a good school (check), have some kick ass job downtown (check), stay in ridiculous shape, be social and pretty.

And even with all that, it seems most men here are STILL looking for the BBD.

• Like 1

A woman's personality can go along way but income and social status mean very little to most men. In fact most me unless they are super duper rich tend to have a certain contempt for elite types. When I had go to the country clubs with my old jobs it seemed that women more than men got high of being part of high society.

mesmerized
Who are you gals meeting?? I've heard that very same thing--I live not that far away from DC--and as long as she is gainfully employed, it doesn't matter that that much to me. I've been attracted to the tough Navy chic, the caring elementary school teacher, the caring nurse, and a hot lawyer with a brand-new BMW.

What about the cashier women in walmart? Would you think about her the same way as you do about the caring nurse? Or does she have to be hotter to make up for her lower status job?

DC is probably the most corrupt place in America so of course most people are shallow. Outside of the political centers it is mostly a ghetto though.

mesmerized
In DC I am expected to be educated from a good school (check), have some kick ass job downtown (check), stay in ridiculous shape, be social and pretty.

Tell me about it...I think at the end it all comes to the fact that men have little incentive to settle down since they have time on their side and no trouble getting sex. Why bother? There is always someone better.

Southern Cal Dude

Women are more shallow overall. I'm not apologizing because I'm wired to go for beauty. You know any average looking women who can have any man they want? They don't exist.

What about the cashier women in walmart? Would you think about her the same way as you do about the caring nurse? Or does she have to be hotter to make up for her lower status job?

Admittedly no. I need to be honest here. I said her career didn't matter "that that much". I didn't say "at all". If you want to say that it proves your point so be it.

BUT I don't really care if a woman graduated from a great school or is making huge dollars, or more to the point, to the level that drseussgrrl is claiming that the men in her area care.

Tell me about it...I think at the end it all comes to the fact that men have little incentive to settle down since they have time on their side and no trouble getting sex. Why bother? There is always someone better.

Men will settle down in a heartbeat with the right woman and that is not about looks. When men evaluate a potential wife they envision what daily life living with her is like and if they don't like what they see they won't commit. If they do most will. When I envisioned life with my wife I saw it would be better and happier than single life and that is why I married. I dated a couple women and when I imagined life with them I said hell no. That is really what it boils down to for most men.

• Like 3
Drseussgrrl
DC is probably the most corrupt place in America so of course most people are shallow. Outside of the political centers it is mostly a ghetto though.

Well I disagree there. The "ghettos" that you're talking about are mostly being gentrified as we speak.

The area down near the Navy yard was some of the worst, and now with the new ballpark it's all been torn down and new condos and office buildings are there.

With all that said - I think Washington is a beautiful city and despite it being harder to date here, I have a lot of fun and I couldn't imagine being anywhere else.

Well I disagree there. The "ghettos" that you're talking about are mostly being gentrified as we speak.

The area down near the Navy yard was some of the worst, and now with the new ballpark it's all been torn down and new condos and office buildings are there.

With all that said - I think Washington is a beautiful city and despite it being harder to date here, I have a lot of fun and I couldn't imagine being anywhere else.

I haven't been in a while and I know how fast things change. Some places in New York where I used to hang out all the time before I moved out I don't even recognize anymore. Living any area with a lot of powerful and elite types like DC has will create a shallow dating scene.

mesmerized
Admittedly no. I need to be honest here. I said her career didn't matter "that that much". I didn't say "at all". If you want to say that it proves your point so be it.

BUT I don't really care if a woman graduated from a great school or is making huge dollars, or more to the point, to the level that drseussgrrl is claiming that the men in her area care.

Of course you proved my point.

Are you making the big bucks? If not, that's probably why. As one's social status goes up, the social status he demands from their partner also goes up. So don't sit here giving me the men only judge women on looks crap.

Are you making the big bucks? If not, that's probably why. As one's social status goes up, the social status he demands from their partner also goes up. So don't sit here giving me the men only judge women on looks crap.

I had my house paid off when I was 30 yet I don't care one bit about social status. I just want financial freedom and for the most part I have that. As long as a woman isn't a financial drain on me that is all that matters.

Drseussgrrl

Well I'm not gonna lie.

I like making good money. Sorta like a dude, I guess. :p

I never said men judge women only on looks. I HAVE said that men are overall a lot less picky than women are.

Look, I have an advanced degree and I have a good income. I definitely don't need a woman who brings in a lot of money or who has an advanced degree herself or a "great school" pedigree, but yes I do need a woman who is smart and at least somewhat ambitious.

Those guys who keep going for the BBD probably say the exact same thing you just posted up.

I'm sure there are tons of good guys in DC who want relationships and would love to date you. It's just a matter of picking one rather than trying to win over Mr. BBD.

• Like 1
Well I'm not gonna lie.

I like making good money. Sorta like a dude, I guess. :p

Me too but I still run in the same circles and hang out at the same places and have the same friends I did when I was broke. I can just afford to do it without having to worry about the rent now. The broke days living in a studio apartment on the Lower East Side before it was gentrified always inspires fond memories in me.

mesmerized
I had my house paid off when I was 30 yet I don't care one bit about social status. I just want financial freedom and for the most part I have that. As long as a woman isn't a financial drain on me that is all that matters.

If you make significantly more than her, she will be a financial drain on you if she you want her to keep up with your lifestyle.

and you're one man, you don't speak for "most men".

If you make significantly more than her, she will be a financial drain on you if she you want her to keep up with your lifestyle.

and you're one man, you don't speak for "most men".

I know most people forget their roots and where they come from but not me. My wife makes good money as well but she is just like me in the sense that it is simply resources to do what I want to do. Like I said before when I am around country club types I want to strangle them. A sausage sandwich on the boardwalk will beat caviar any day of the week.

Drseussgrrl
Those guys who keep going for the BBD probably say the exact same thing you just posted up.

I'm sure there are tons of good guys in DC who want relationships and would love to date you. It's just a matter of picking one rather than trying to win over Mr. BBD.

I'm sure there is, too. I just haven't met him yet.

And - I don't try to "win" anyone over. He's either into me or not. I don't waste time.