Terriost obtained information about school system in my area

• Author

OK OK that's enough of this thread and I am now unsubscribing to my own post, I really didn't mean for this to get competely political,

I am an overprotective parent and dammed proud. BECAUSE My son is in public school at only 3 1/2 years old. because he is in an ESE program for children with disibilities, My child and myself as a mother had to stare death in the face SEVERAL times and I will be dammed if there is ever anything I can do to stop my fears I will, Noah ( my son) will not be attending school election week. It is hard enough to leave my sick toddler child in the hands of the school bord at such a young age but it's for his education and I accept that and praise the county for having such a great program available. I do volenteer at Noah's school often, and absolutely adore the staff of the ESE program. and I highly respect all the staff at his school. as I do all Educators.

I at the time of this post was worried and concerned about my child saftey and outwardly expressed my feelings, Now this has become a pissing contest and It's BS.

Well, I'm sorry you've lost your passion to "stir up S*hit." It is a common response for those who are asked to take responsabilty for making the future they envision. Don't feel bad, it is "hard work" that few choose to accept.

Well, I'm sorry you've lost your passion to "stir up S*hit." It is a common response for those who are asked to take responsabilty for making the future they envision. Don't feel bad, it is "hard work" that few choose to accept.

Ok....now you've pissed me off. Are you implying that since you're a teacher, along with your. "Other credentials", that the rest of us aren't assuming the responsibility to instill our values into our children's future?

You've just entered the, <<<<<"MOOSE ZONE">>>>>>, and you've insulted me and my friends...................

Moose, I'm not implying anything about anyone, but your defensive posture coupled with the missing list of activities in which you have participated to secure our schools against terrorist threats lead me to suspect that you may not be doing anything.

This shouldn't be insulting, nor even critical; it is simply an observation of behavior.

Certainly, until you, or your friends, or any member of the PUBLIC has actively engaged themselves in increasing safety for children within the PUBLIC school, they have little basis upon which to blame the PUBLIC school system for being mislead and uninformed about school security.

BTW: I have no idea where this comes from, since I never addressed the subject:

rest of us aren't assuming the responsibility to instill our values into our children's future?

Perhaps it was something about which someone else wrote? If you begin a tread about this interesting subject, then I'd be more that happy to interject my opinion about it.

Otherwise, if I'm still in the <<<<<<<"Moose Zone">>>>>> then I may need to enlist the verbal slap-fighting expertise from Dyer that will admonish you for being "irrelevant!" :p:p:p

And that would be only the first of a series of offensive maneuvers!! :D

faux

I wonder if there are people who still pay close attention to that terror alert meter. To me, the alert meter is simply a reminder that anything can happen at any time, which I think seems obvious. I accept the unpredictable as a part of my life, hope for the best, and try to make every day count. I cannot imagine fixating over color alerts and worrying.

It is a disclaimer for all the people that want a warning.

stoneheater

I just don't know anymore, actually I have decided not to vote this year. ( but I still THINK I am a republican)

Think about what happened in Russia, and the stand Russia had on the issue of Iraq and terrorism.

The terrorists just want a high body count.

Nosmas

Or could it possibly be that The American Public demands everything from a poorly supported system?

Maybe we need more parental involvement.

Fayebelle

Dear Parent,

Recently a bomb threat was called into your child's school.

dyermaker

Faye, that didn't happen!

Hindsight at work.

Are you basing your conclusion on known information, or are you hoping you guessed right?

Sounds like Russian roulette. How many times can you pull the trigger? You can argue that there is no bullet, but don’t expect us to do it to ourselves.

I can imagine this logic being applied to hospitals. Don’t give the patients bad news because that could generate fear.

I think some people are promoting blissful ignorance.

Are you basing your conclusion on known information

BH the whole point of the discussion is that the day or day after the rumour about the 'terrorist' was publicized, a report was widely disseminated via the news that in fact the 'terrorist' was not a terrorist at all but a man who has worked for years building schools who is working building schools in either Iraq or Afghanistan now.

BH, I know how pleasent it must be to be lectured from on high by no less credible source about what the "whole point" of any discussion may or may not be.

The thread began simply thus:

Terriost obtained information about school system in my area

What would you do if this was your childs school district!!

I answered simply: Get yourself and others actively involved to increase the security of your school.

Of course, our expert in what the "WHOLE POINT" of the discussion wants to discuss is NOT what we should do about terrorists obtaining information about schools that would aid them in their terrorist activities, BUT instead she wants to discuss the lack of any evidence to conclude that anyone would attack a school.

No evidence: No threat: No validity to feelings of fear........Her Dogma

The facts that the American school system is the bedrock of our democratic values, presents numerous 'soft" targets, and that schools have been attacked in Russia MUST be ignored because to do anything less would be supportive of her most hated Bush Doctrine that requires PREEMPTIVE ACTIVITY to reduce terrorism throughout the planet, including schools within the US.

Wow,

Quite a scathing retort:

You're just ranting. Rant away.

Clearly a voice of profound wisdom, well qualified to report unbias facts and to remind what "the whole point" should be to her while blissfully ignoring the truth.

Moose, I'm not implying anything about anyone, but your defensive posture coupled with the missing list of activities in which you have participated to secure our schools against terrorist threats lead me to suspect that you may not be doing anything.

Your comment was made with the assumption that NONE of us are assuming the responsibiblty to ensure the future we envision. That is what you said. When I read this comment, whether or not it meant personally, I and countless others will take it as such! I realize that this comment was directed to those who don't directly involve themselves with their public School.....however....intsilling our values into our children is a vital part in how the act and behave in School and shouldn't be counted out. All of my children are heavily involved with extra-curricular activities one of which is the President of the Junior High Student body.....the kids under his leadership have taken security concerns to the School board on a couple of occasions and made some changes.....

You want a list of activities.....the whole reason I edited my last post is because I gave you a list...but why do you need to see proof that my wife and I are involved.....your comment was directed to all of us...not just me and my wife. My wife goes in 3 days a week and helps the kids learn to read. We are at every stinkin' parent teacher meeting...we attend school board meetings, and I'm a member of our town's chamber of commerce. My company sponsers c02 car races as well.

I know what you're going to say...what does this have to do with security? Rubbing elbows with the Staff and Teachers get's you a long way when there are concerns you want to bring up later.

Certainly, until you, or your friends, or any member of the PUBLIC has actively engaged themselves in increasing safety for children within the PUBLIC school, they have little basis upon which to blame the PUBLIC school system for being mislead and uninformed about school security.

And you only have the right to say this because you're a teacher, and have been a principal from time to time? All you see missing is the parents....where do you reside? There are tons of active parents in my area....don't base your assumptions on only the districts you've been involved in. If not for my son, 2 kids going on a band trip to Walt Disney would've gotten away with taking pot, alcohol, and a co2 gun.....no biggies, but it was my son who put in place police dogs to sniff baggage before these long trips......why? Because of the way we raised him, and for the values we taught him. It was he that had the whole School vote on that idea, and it passed. What these kids thought they could away with was plain stupidity.

As far as still being in the Moose Zone, you're still there....anyone who tries to use their credentials to place themselves above anyone who has an opinion is a coward. Dyer doesn't have any credentials about anything, but he still believes that only his logic and knowledge are above the rest of us......funny how you said you may need to enlist his help.....I think I proved the relevance of my post, you can't by any means count out our indirect influence on how our PUBLIC Schools adress security. Instilling values and morals into our kids prevents them from obtaining weapons, drugs, or anything else damaging to others, and if you're lucky, one of your kids may be smart enough to make changes to protect him/her self from those wishing to cause harm......

I'm not a teacher, but I give your reply a D minus.

Originally posted by Moose

As far as still being in the Moose Zone, you're still there....anyone who tries to use their credentials to place themselves above anyone who has an opinion is a coward. Dyer doesn't have any credentials about anything, but he still believes that only his logic and knowledge are above the rest of us......funny how you said you may need to enlist his help.....

Um, Moose? Get over yourself.

Nosmas made some excellent points. And is in a much better position than you to speak on the system.

And aren't you a little old to be taking swipes at Dyer? You can't speak for his beliefs.

Originally posted by BlockHead

Are you basing your conclusion on known information, or are you hoping you guessed right?

There was no bomb threat. That's not only known information, but it was never misinformation either--the misinformation is that terrorists obtained school plans.

Originally posted by Moose

Dyer doesn't have any credentials about anything, but he still believes that only his logic and knowledge are above the rest of us.

That's 100% steaming crap, coming from a personal grudge. In the future, leave me out of your crap-slinging.

Knowledge and logic are credentials. You seem to think that being a parent, being religious, or being enfranchised makes you an expert on whatever we're talking about; That's fine, but don't stigmatize me because I know my stuff.