Stubborn husband might leave me

Jennyfromtheblick

imtooconfused

I was just recently thinking about you and wondering about how things were going. I am glad to hear that you guys are on the right track.

• Like 2

Thanks for the up-date! Its always good to hear sucess stories ~ there's just not enough of them.

The "difference" between 'Can" and 'Can't'?

'Can' sucked it up, gave a damn and tried, ~ 'Can' had the "Will" to at least give it thier all, and to commit ~ heart, mind, body and soul!

You are the embodiment of ~ "Whatever the mind of Man can concieve? The Mind of man can achieve!"

I would like to see someone "Man-Up" and just tell their spouse here, "You're leaving me? Not going to happen! You MAY limp away? But you won't WALK away! Tha' only way you're getting out of this is six feet under from old age! You're stuck with me, and you might as well get in, sit down, shut the **** up, and just white knuckle this bitch to the bitter end!

Its about damned committment and the "will" to try.

One man loving one woman, and one woman loving one man!

• Like 4
WreckedDan

I spent my day yesterday reading this thread. It was heartbreaking at times, hopefull at times, scarry at times when I would see Jenny stumble... but in the end I was so happy. Watching you pull off the 180 so well (even with a few bumps along the way) was great. I know you still have a good long road ahead of you, but at least your driving again! Congrats and here's hoping you have an amazing future ahead of you, way to stick to your guns!

Dan

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
  • Author
Jennyfromtheblick

Hi!! Figured it was about time to check in! I feel like I owe those of you that helped that at least and those who feel hopeless about recon.'s that!

Things are good here! Summer is about up and we've had a nice vacation and several wonderful dates! Still in therapy and let me just say our therapist has had a nice vacation too on our dime I'm sure...lol!

We have had a few tiffs here and there but have both kept our promise to never go to bed mad and never sleep in guest room! Nothing serious just the typical hubby says something funny and irritable wife takes it wrong. My sensitivity level has increased due to our 5 mth feud so I'm working on being less sensitive as he works on being more sensitive.

I have to admit there are days when I still feel hurt as does he and I just want to cry thinking about the time we wasted fighting but im trying to let it be part of my past and a lesson learned on how not to act!

We do therapy 2 a month now and it has helped but to be honest weve wirked through most of our issues ourselves at home. I had to learn to listen better and shut my mouth but I did it!! Everything is very OPEN TOO. I think we have made real progress and we are talking about starting a family in the next year maybe two years! So all in all we are going strong!

I did go for bloodwork and I was anemic so im on iron pills now! I also gained a few pounds ( yuck) so im happy and fat!! Lol hope everyone is good! I miss talking to you all

• Like 4
Hi!! Figured it was about time to check in! I feel like I owe those of you that helped that at least and those who feel hopeless about recon.'s that!

Things are good here! Summer is about up and we've had a nice vacation and several wonderful dates! Still in therapy and let me just say our therapist has had a nice vacation too on our dime I'm sure...lol!

We have had a few tiffs here and there but have both kept our promise to never go to bed mad and never sleep in guest room! Nothing serious just the typical hubby says something funny and irritable wife takes it wrong. My sensitivity level has increased due to our 5 mth feud so I'm working on being less sensitive as he works on being more sensitive.

I have to admit there are days when I still feel hurt as does he and I just want to cry thinking about the time we wasted fighting but im trying to let it be part of my past and a lesson learned on how not to act!

We do therapy 2 a month now and it has helped but to be honest weve wirked through most of our issues ourselves at home. I had to learn to listen better and shut my mouth but I did it!! Everything is very OPEN TOO. I think we have made real progress and we are talking about starting a family in the next year maybe two years! So all in all we are going strong!

I did go for bloodwork and I was anemic so im on iron pills now! I also gained a few pounds ( yuck) so im happy and fat!! Lol hope everyone is good! I miss talking to you all

Loving the updates Jenny, keep up the good work, sounds like you are making great progress.

Try not to feel hurt about the past, in time I think you will find that, even though it was a sad part of your shared history, it will prove to be something that made your relationship stronger then it ever ways. Nothing to sad about there.

happy for you. :bunny::bunny::bunny:

TOJAZ

• Like 1

Oh, Jenny, I am so happy for you! Bravo, Girl!

When I saw your thread this morning, and clicked, what a wonderful feeling this page of updates gave me! There are no words. And that is how it should be, always, in all dimensions of the topic of this thread.

Your success has become a model for newcomers to the site. I think it is just fabulous of you to share the steps of reconciliation with the LS community.

Honey, again, I am so proud of you, beautiful Jenny. Yas

PS. I might put my picture up again so you see that I am not a tiny little old lady, like you imagined me.

OMG!

So happy to see you post!

Pleased as punch to see you are doing well! Thank you for all your posts! My situation went a different route but your post helped me when I needed it =)

Much love,

Dan

• 5 months later...
  • Author
Jennyfromtheblick

Hi gals/guys i like to check in once and awhile to let you all know how things are! Things are very good! John and I are nearing the 1 year mark of our reconciliation! We are planning on starting a family soon! Still going to therapy though i gotta admit i dread it but we agreed to go for a year minimum and an agreement is an agreement! I think i feel like we dont need the therapy anymore and usually have the deeper more enlighting talks now at home when its just us.

Anything new on here?? I miss you guys!!!

Hi Hon,

Congratulations! Such good news!!!! Stay on-line till I change my photo on the big computer tomorrow, ok? Promise? This was my Xmas picture! I got up the nerve to put my photo on when you told you imagined me being a tiny older lady. Haha! I'm a kick'in hot redhead with high and lowlights, and huge goth boots! But some people thought I was getting signals with the foils in my hair -- so I just went with it.......hahahahahahahahaha!

Yas

PS. I get new pix up tomorrow and u tell me what u think.

• Like 2
  • Author
Jennyfromtheblick

Yas your pic on the left is nothing like i had thought! You look like a firecracker for sure!! Very pretty lady :-)!! Hows tojaz? I was hoping id log on and hear hed found love! He was so sweet to me which can be unexpected from a man sometimes in these situations. In my experience only!

Haven't seen Tojoz in awhile, Hon. Maybe he got him him a lady? That is sometimes a reason for disappearing yourself.

I'm going to big computer to change photo rite now. That one is getting on my nerves. HEY -- This is better, huh? Yas

Edited by Yasuandio
imtooconfused
Hi gals/guys i like to check in once and awhile to let you all know how things are! Things are very good! John and I are nearing the 1 year mark of our reconciliation! We are planning on starting a family soon! Still going to therapy though i gotta admit i dread it but we agreed to go for a year minimum and an agreement is an agreement! I think i feel like we dont need the therapy anymore and usually have the deeper more enlighting talks now at home when its just us.

Wow, this is really good news. One of the few LoveShack success stories! Sincerely... congratulations! I don't know how you did it, but others would certainly benefit from your tricks.

Don't give up on therapy just because the calendar says it's time. Make sure you are really ready to quit. Also it's a good idea not to go off cold turkey. After relying on therapy for a year, it would be wise to taper down the sessions gradually. It also concerns me that you still approach therapy with dread. That seems to me that there are some unresolved feelings that still need to get out, despite the fact that communications has opened up at home.

Otherwise, the best of luck to you.