Stubborn husband might leave me

Jennyfromtheblick

• Author
Jennyfromtheblick
It's not about not posting the interactions Jen, it's about the perspective in which they appear to you. Look at Allie's post, it is not just about unconditional love, it's about how she related to her husband during the worst of times. It's about getting control of you and how you see it....stepping outside of the panic.

I very much like Tojaz's train analogy...it is about slowing your mind down on the path of negativity.

My IC gave me an analogy once about relationships and how people relate. There are those who, when driving the car, like to go from first to fifth gear without using the clutch. Some may even throw the clutch out of the window altogether in the state of panic. They forget that to get to a comfortable, smooth ride, they have to go through all the gears. I'll let Tojaz, the car guy, expound on that one in due time as it's more about sustaining a relationship rather than throwing the baby out with the bathwater, but could be useful. But the train analogy....excellent!!

He asked me to go grocery shopping to this speciality store with him today. Im excited we have not gone anywhere together for anything in MONTHS! I know its just grocery shopping but what a surprise

• Like 1
He asked me to go grocery shopping to this speciality store with him today. Im excited we have not gone anywhere together for anything in MONTHS! I know its just grocery shopping but what a surprise

Have a good time, DON'T THINK! ;)

• Like 3
Have a good time, DON'T THINK! ;)

I second that....I just didn't get it posted in time! :D

Edited by trippi1432
  • Like 2
  • Author
Jennyfromtheblick

OMG OMG we made up!!!!! We went shopping the he adked me to go out to eat and he was so sweet like the old john. He reached to grab my hand and I said whats that your doing and he said I want to work things out!! He told me he loved me and didnt want to move or divorce. He said he still feel hurt but he cant stand fighting with me and he knows its a work in progress.

But he put his ring back on and held me and we both poured out our hearts. We are going to find someone to talk to to help us through too.

Im so shocked but then again my gut was feeling a change happening!! Im so happy soo soo happy

I love you all for your help and love and support. I will post more tomorrow

Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you

• Like 14
OMG OMG we made up!!!!! We went shopping the he adked me to go out to eat and he was so sweet like the old john. He reached to grab my hand and I said whats that your doing and he said I want to work things out!! He told me he loved me and didnt want to move or divorce. He said he still feel hurt but he cant stand fighting with me and he knows its a work in progress.

But he put his ring back on and held me and we both poured out our hearts. We are going to find someone to talk to to help us through too.

I'm so shocked but then again my gut was feeling a change happening!! I'm so happy SO SO happy

OoooooooRaaaaaaaah!!!!!!!

MARINE CORPS!

I knew he wouldn't quit his post! And that he wouldn't quit nor give up on you Jenny! I'm so happy for the two of you ~ I just want to go run out, scream and shout, run around in circles with my hands and arms up in the air and do tha' freaking "Snoopy Dance!" like I just don't care!

Freakin' "A" ~ that's all I got to say is "Freakin' "A"

OoooooRaaaaaaah!!!!!!!!

The two of you have a lot of work to do, giving up on a lot of BS cultural, societal, religious convictions that you once thought were written in stone? You've got to say "Forget this! and Forget That!" You've got to go out and discover new territory, new lands, uncharted lands? With no maps, and no compass!

It really comes down to what Janis Joplin once sang ~ "One Woman Just Loving One Man! You've got to want it! You've got to work for it! Even it means they takes a piece of your Heart!

You've got that kind of love ~ Jenny! That deep, down, crying, Janis Joplin type of Love! That deep down heart~felt~from your little bit of your heart kind of love!

That kinda' of "Grabbing them by tha' ears and screaming in their ears, "I love you damnit!" Kind of Love! And telling them, "I' LOVE you damn it, and come Hell, high water, poverity, death, prison, damnation! I'm not EVER going to leave you!

That's the kind of love I have with Mrs. Gunny.

God pity the fool that ever does her wrong, or hurts her, or comes between her and I?

I won't! :eek::mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Its HARD ~ ALL day hard to find someone that can love you for who and as you are. Its hard finding someone that cares, and gives a damn about you just because your ~ YOU!

If and when you do?

Don't screw it up and don't mess with it!

Again? Marines are hard to understand ~ compared to the general population? We want and need to be a bigger part of the sum of what we are? We want to make a "difference".

Many people live their entire lives wondering if they made a difference? Marines don't have that problem!

I've scores of letters from Marines and civilians that say such! They mean more to me than any medals the Corps ever pinned upon chest!

"Ask NOT what your country can do for YOU!

But what you can do for your country!" ~ JFK

Again in hopes it will help your understanding I post:

Janis Joplin - Piece of my heart - YouTube

• Like 3

Im so shocked but then again my gut was feeling a change happening!! Im so happy soo soo happy

WOW!!!WOW WOW WOW. This has just made my day. Probably my week and month too! Just awesome news. If I ever get married and my marriage goes through tough times, I will read this thread over and over.

You did awesome Jenny..This is awesome..Congrats for everything. :bunny::bunny::bunny:

• Like 4

Think this VERY appropriate today :-)

Nothin phony, don't hate on me

What you get is what you see

Don't be fooled by the John that I got

I'm still, I'm still Jenny from the blick

Used to have a little, now I have a lot

• Like 2

The point is?

Live your LIFE

LARGE!

TO ITS TOP!

TO ITS FULLEST!

WITH THE LEAST AMOUNT OF GUILT AND REGRET!

LIVE YOUR LIFE FOR YOURSELF!

• Like 2

:bunny::bunny::bunny: This made my day too Jen. Waterworks going on here actually....It's humbling to see when two people do care enough about each other and the marriage to make it work, gives others hope.

Congratulations Hun to both you and John and keep working on it....everyday.

On MC, find a good MC who believes in marriage. Really interview the MC and let them know that you want to rebuild, not tear down with finger-pointing. Both of you need to go in with an open mind on rebuilding a strong, loving marriage and your MC should support that.....now that you are both on the "same page". :)

• Like 4

FANTASTIC NEWS JENNY!!!! I'm going to be wearing a smile because of this for days! :D:D:D Think I'll buy a cake or something.

Congratulations, and please keep us posted, there needs to be more good news around here.

TOJAZ

• Like 5

YOU DID IT! YOU DID IT! YOU DID IT!

BRAVO!!!! BRAVO!!!! BRAVO!!!!! BRAVO!!!!! BRAVO!!!!!

I am so happy for you!!!!!! Yas

• Like 3
screwedovertwenty

I just started reading your thread last week. It took a few days to catch up. I was totally rooting for you! Before I got to this final page, I was thinking of suggesting you show him this thread so that he could read how you feel. I am from the other side of the issue. I am trying to forgive the husband I love of betrayal. I wish I knew he felt as strongly as you do, that you love your husband.

I am so happy for you! You are a fighter and I am sure that you and John are going to have many happy years together!!! :)

• Like 3

Jenny!

You've got a a LOT of Marine in you to!

You didn't quit your post either! :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Still doing the "Bunny Dance!" :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny:

• Like 3
  • Author
Jennyfromtheblick

I am so thankful for you guys! What a bunch of fools your exs are! You all supported me even when it was bleek!

I am going to stick around and maybe I can help people too. Pay it forward!

John and i have a long way to go. He said he hopes the trust will come back 100% and I hope too. He wants to have a marriage meeting everyweek to discuss us and make sure we address issues and dont let things build up. He really isnt 100% sure about MC but we are going to try it.

We are planning a weekend getaway after Easter. Its just like my old john is back. Hes loving affectionate and sweet. Im so happy!

I really hope this makes us stronger and I know now more than ever whats really important.

We were up all night saturday talking through things. It actually made me feel so much better. We talked a lot sunday too!!

Im just so happy!!!!

Thank you all again sooooooooooooooooooooooooo much I love you all!!!!

• Like 7

Jenny I agree any ex's that ever dumped us need thorough clinical examinations :-)...

Seriously though, it's like this thread has a lovely contented glow about it. I was thinking of leaving LS recently for awhile. The doom and gloom was getting a bit too much. Then you see such a happy ending to this story and it's truly awesome...

My favourite thread ever and I don't see that ever getting beat, unless I announce I am marrying a supermodel, with a heart of gold :-)

• Like 1
Grumpybutfun

This is good news Jenny...happy hopes for you and your John. I am glad it all worked out to your advantage. It took me a while to read through but it had a very happy ending.

Grumps

• Like 1
  • Author
Jennyfromtheblick

Just checking in! Things are GREAT!! Almost seems to good to be true. All my fears have gone except i find myself so tired now. I could fall asleep anywhere. I just wonder if all the months of worry and fear have caught up and since things are better my body is tired. I mean Ive spent 6 mths stressing.

I started a multi vitamin as suggested by Dr but tgat can take a few to get in system so maybe Ill just have go ride this out! I feel like I got an Easter miracle!!!

• Like 3

Jenny Jenny Jenny..That's almost as good as Jerry Jerry Jerry :-)

Not sure Jen how it goes Stateside but in Europe in your 30's they recommend you get your first full check up. It costs about 300 dollars but the doctor(s) goes through EVERYTHING. They even determine what foods suit you and what foods don't. Not only that they make great recommendations on lifestyle and diet.

Might be an idea to get this done? I'm sure the last six months are just catching up. Try some vitamin supplements if you don't feel like doing a check up.

Great to hear everything is going so well..

• Like 1
Just checking in! Things are GREAT!! Almost seems to good to be true. All my fears have gone except i find myself so tired now. I could fall asleep anywhere. I just wonder if all the months of worry and fear have caught up and since things are better my body is tired. I mean Ive spent 6 mths stressing.

I started a multi vitamin as suggested by Dr but tgat can take a few to get in system so maybe Ill just have go ride this out! I feel like I got an Easter miracle!!!

I'm glad to hear things are going well Jenny.

Stress always catches up to you eventually. Adrenaline helps when your in the thick of it and now that your on the other side, you need to let yourself recuperate, not just the body, but the mind and heart as well. Give all three a good well deserved rest.

TOJAZ

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...
  • Author
Jennyfromtheblick

Hi Guys!!!

Wanted to check in and give some updates!

Therapy has been going well! We are getting along great and the communication is better than before.

We are going away in a few weeks to the beach! I cant wait! We in many ways are a better couple now!

Im feeling better too! Im on vitamins and eating right. John returned to his old job and is so happy! Things are good!

Something Ive been working on is im giving more now. Im not being so controlling in doing things my way. Im working on my patience too and thinking before I speak. I feel better this way too. It makes me feel less stressed about things.

John is much more open and talkative about his feelings. Im so glad i didnt give up! Btw we renewed the lease!! Lol haha

Hope your all well!!!

• Like 6

Glad to hear things are continuing to improve Jenny. It's funny how sometimes it takes almost losing each other to bring you even closer together.

Congratulations to both of you for having the strength and courage to ride out the storm. Thanks for the update, needed a smile today.... that will do nicely. :)

TOJAZ

• Like 2