Why do I feel worse?

I just cant wait for that new girl that will sweep me off my feet. I have to admit. I was ver skeptical about dating my ex... it took me awhile because i didnt know if i wanted a gf or not. And a big thing that pulled me into the RS was the constant sex. So maybe I dont miss "her" as much as I think.

Maybe this teaches you a new lesson.. that maybe next time you need to see other things you like about her besides the sex....

Maybe this teaches you a new lesson.. that maybe next time you need to see other things you like about her besides the sex....

Thr sex happened very early on when we first met. S that's all I saw at first I admit. But. Did get to know and and fell in love with her for more than that. There's a reason why I didn't date her right when she wanted too. If I did... Then that would have been for the sex only. But I didn't. I waited. Now... Hm idk. It's time to go to sleep. I have some thinking to do. But maybe I just do too much thinking

Thr sex happened very early on when we first met. S that's all I saw at first I admit. But. Did get to know and and fell in love with her for more than that. There's a reason why I didn't date her right when she wanted too. If I did... Then that would have been for the sex only. But I didn't. I waited. Now... Hm idk. It's time to go to sleep. I have some thinking to do. But maybe I just do too much thinking

Well I know as a personal thing for me.. if the girl is sleeping early off with me. And I want a real relationship with her, then that's a bad sign... LOL.

Unless you just wanted sex and slowly started to like her. Then that's a different story....

I don't think you need to THINK.. you just need time AWAY from it all and need to heal.

• Like 1

"THINKING" is a truly dangerous activity after a BU and needs to be closley monitored.

It should be used with with extreme caution and only when necesary. EXCESSIVE thinking should be avoided at ALL costs! Cav

Ps Not sure how good this post is? But whoever likes it will put me a 900 likes. ha. Still unsure what people like about what i have to say?. ive just been spewing stream of conciouness stuff for the las 6 months with LITTLE thought!

Stop thinking and start doing everyone! Wooo hooo

Edited by cavalier99
  • Like 2

Its now been confirmed that my ex cheated on the friend she left me for, and left him for someone else. Its funny how now I'm really starting to take off the rose tinted glasses, I still love her but she's poison (like the Alice Cooper song haha.) She just isn't worth it. I was her first boyfriend and I treated her like a princess, the friend just threw money at her because he was manipulating her the whole time and the new guy let her cheat on the friend with him. Its sad in a way, she had it so good at the start with me and she's just going downhill at a rapid rate.

Agree!

And there you go - 901

Ps Not sure how good this post is? But whoever likes it will put me a 900 likes. ha. Still unsure what people like about what i have to say?. ive just been spewing stream of conciouness stuff for the las 6 months with LITTLE thought!

Stop thinking and start doing everyone! Wooo hooo

"Unless you just wanted sex and slowly started to like her. Then that's a different story.... "

This is what basically happened. But I really fell for her once I didnt start liking her. But she told me she liked me the 2nd week after we met. So I knew that she liked me.

I take not hearing from his as a good sign.

@ cav--- I know thinking can be dangerous, but Im beyond the part of thinking about the breakup. All the waht ifs... thats not what Im thinking about

Im trying to figure out why I am letting myself stay down.

For instnace--- saturday we had a party in the afternoon. There were a lot of girls here yet for somereason, I had to go into my room. I couldnt be around them. I had a few drinks ALONe... then went out and kinda socialized... but didnt really meet anyone. See, before my ex, I would have beena ble to go out there from the start and talk to anyone. MAybe the ego is still hurt.

heres another thing that I have noticed.

I get extremely fusterated and upset when its a weekend nighta nd I dont go out. Its because I picture my ex going out. having fun with her new friends and new bf. and im stuck inside alone. I have this idea because everytime I go out I see her..... and when we dated.. she NEVER wanted to go out. so it sucks to see her having all this fun... and im not doing anything.

Now, its not taht I dont go out. I have, maybe more then i should be at times... yet if its just one sat that I dont go out to a party or something, I getr really upset. And it brings me way down because I am comparing myself to her.

See, we had a party this past sat, it was big, I should have been okay with staying inside that night to watch tv or something bymyself. it shouldnt have bothered me. But the fact that it does scares me. Maybe, no.. freankly... I think i am just not confortable being alone yet. Maybe, I am not truly happy with myself yet.

I told coping vortex last week in his thread that he needs to fall in love withhimself first, before finding someone else.

well, I need to fall in love with myself too.

things are just hard to deal with. You move past one stage... then your onto another that seems even harder then the last. its hard now becuase its no longer the breakup... which means trying to fix wahtever it is is difficiult.. some problems are becoming harder to figure out. its no longer... I just have to do things to replace what we had. No, I have been.. this is more of a mindset now. something posychological.

well, I see my counselour tomorrow. In his eyes, Im doing fine. Actually, in everyones eyes, even tooyou guys probably, Im well on my way of recoverey. That this is just a normal thing.

is it?

then why cant I just say fu*ck it and be done with it.

• Like 1

Dude. This is all normal. You are at the point were you have accpeted that things are really really and truly done and now your begining to focus on you instead of the BU and this can be sorta daunting,

Early on the BU was all about them and how to survive. The mad dash at self improvement ecetera to be able to function and distract ones self.

Now the BU has entered the you phase. And while this is progress the same coping mecahanniss of before arent as effective. Also you probably dont have the same crazy motivation to "go out and get over it". So all this is sorta confusing..and normal!

i found that there were so many distinct and difficult phases that often mixed together and overlapped it was hard to keep track. Although at times i felt plateued. That is why i always say. Just stay NC and keep on moving foward.

Just accept where you are, no pressure. I would tend to over analyze too. Some time you need to keep it simple. Rock on ! Cav

I wonder how Na is doing :eek:

Me too. I hope he is doing ok.

He has gone from posting more than anyone to hardly at all. Im not sure it is a good thing though??. My thing is going well and i still want to check in. Maybe he is getting totally sucked in again. I hope he has learned something during the BU. Who knows?? Cav

Im a big over analyzer.

and there is not as much as a feeling to go out and try to get over it as quickly as possible anymore, your right.

IDK confusing stuff. Im trying to analzye a poem for an english class right now. Many my life is just non stop analyzing. lol

The You phace... I think Im starting to really get into that. But becuase Im now concentrating on myself... im begining to see the faults... and its bringing me down as I am not yet there to start fixing them.

Hm I wouldnt call them faults actually, maybe things about me I havent noticed until now. Or new things that have become apart of me since the BU and during the RS. Somethings i wish werent here. Like the lack of a strong self conscious. It will come back in time I assume

If you're talking to us about how you really feel and your counselor thinks you are doing fine, something isn't right? Are you 'pretending' or holding back on your counselor?

If he/she is encouraging you on your progression that's one thing. If he/she is not aware of how you truly feel, what you are struggling with, then they are working without full knowledge.

I take not hearing from his as a good sign.

@ cav--- I know thinking can be dangerous, but Im beyond the part of thinking about the breakup. All the waht ifs... thats not what Im thinking about

Im trying to figure out why I am letting myself stay down.

For instnace--- saturday we had a party in the afternoon. There were a lot of girls here yet for somereason, I had to go into my room. I couldnt be around them. I had a few drinks ALONe... then went out and kinda socialized... but didnt really meet anyone. See, before my ex, I would have beena ble to go out there from the start and talk to anyone. MAybe the ego is still hurt.

heres another thing that I have noticed.

I get extremely fusterated and upset when its a weekend nighta nd I dont go out. Its because I picture my ex going out. having fun with her new friends and new bf. and im stuck inside alone. I have this idea because everytime I go out I see her..... and when we dated.. she NEVER wanted to go out. so it sucks to see her having all this fun... and im not doing anything.

Now, its not taht I dont go out. I have, maybe more then i should be at times... yet if its just one sat that I dont go out to a party or something, I getr really upset. And it brings me way down because I am comparing myself to her.

See, we had a party this past sat, it was big, I should have been okay with staying inside that night to watch tv or something bymyself. it shouldnt have bothered me. But the fact that it does scares me. Maybe, no.. freankly... I think i am just not confortable being alone yet. Maybe, I am not truly happy with myself yet.

I told coping vortex last week in his thread that he needs to fall in love withhimself first, before finding someone else.

well, I need to fall in love with myself too.

things are just hard to deal with. You move past one stage... then your onto another that seems even harder then the last. its hard now becuase its no longer the breakup... which means trying to fix wahtever it is is difficiult.. some problems are becoming harder to figure out. its no longer... I just have to do things to replace what we had. No, I have been.. this is more of a mindset now. something posychological.

well, I see my counselour tomorrow. In his eyes, Im doing fine. Actually, in everyones eyes, even tooyou guys probably, Im well on my way of recoverey. That this is just a normal thing.

is it?

then why cant I just say fu*ck it and be done with it.

Well when I go see the counselor... I'm usually doing pretty good lol. But we do spend a lot of time talkin about the breakup. So maybe I should switch gears in what we talk about and concentrate on myself and how I'm making me feel. Instead of how is this breakup making me feel.

Because now... The bu is making me feel... Nothing. It's done

But me... That's a different story

Exactly!

I'm surprised your counselor is spending so much time on specifics of the break up; are they a trained and certified therapist or just an advisor?

The break up is history. If you were still a couple and in counselling then it would be relevant to more discussion, however since that is not the case, the focus needs to be on you and how you are processing your emotions.

Well when I go see the counselor... I'm usually doing pretty good lol. But we do spend a lot of time talkin about the breakup. So maybe I should switch gears in what we talk about and concentrate on myself and how I'm making me feel. Instead of how is this breakup making me feel.

Because now... The bu is making me feel... Nothing. It's done

But me... That's a different story

Exactly!

I'm surprised your counselor is spending so much time on specifics of the break up; are they a trained and certified therapist or just an advisor?

The break up is history. If you were still a couple and in counselling then it would be relevant to more discussion, however since that is not the case, the focus needs to be on you and how you are processing your emotions.

Hmm all seems normal to me. But I definitly have a few screws loose so who knows!:lmao::cool:

well Im the one who usually brings her up in our discussions. Hes a trained therapist. Actaully, a psychologist.

but yea, its usually me talking about her becuase idk... when I go see him its like I am able to talk about her and its a way of "keeping her alive" SO maybe its best to avoid any conversations of her in person as its a way my mind is cheating NC>

I guess NA has been busy and using his time wisely.. also it's FINAL exam month at this point. So he could be studying his ass off.

Haha I do like how this thread has gone to "WHERE IS NA, POST YOUR GUESSES".

Let's have a lottery jackpot and see, who can guess what NA is up too. :p

• Like 2
I guess NA has been busy and using his time wisely.. also it's FINAL exam month at this point. So he could be studying his ass off.

Haha I do like how this thread has gone to "WHERE IS NA, POST YOUR GUESSES".

Let's have a lottery jackpot and see, who can guess what NA is up too. :p

The search and guessing begins!! Lol :D

Na is probably enjoying the finer things ATM. Pizza, his gf, the fine art of college life..studying.

Being a typical Na.

Too bad he won't share any of his pizza... :(

• Like 1

Am I the only one who thinks it is a little weird he hasnt checked in?

I dont view it as a good sign. Concerned he had all his boundaries smashed to pieces and is in waaaay deep. Just my thoughts. Cav

Ps My thing is going really well. We both are super happy with each other. Dont really sense anyone is pulling back. Seems to be getting more serious. Also nobody has the upper hand. Maybe me a little. Im a challenge for her and keep her on her toes make her laugh a ton ecetera. She does the same for me. The sex is great too ! We are both running out at all hours to see each other. Crazy!

Edited by cavalier99
  • Like 2