Do girls like bigger guys because they make them feel feminine?

todreaminblue

I have body that is curvy naturally, when i drop the extra weight, i am curvy but have to watch i don't bulk up on muscle...I have dated extremely tall and built to extremely short...the short guy always compared me to other women, i think it was more a controlling thing though....."look at her,now she is hot,translation skinny" So he undermined my femininity and my curves..i was an idiot to believe i coudl change his mindset...

i would want to date a guy who appreciated my femininity doesn't matter if he is bigger or not just as long as he liked my curves and realised it takes a lot of effort for me to keep my curves under control.......and even if i wanted to ill never be skinny....ill get bony and look sick as all crap with a size 12 around the hips .......but those curves are there to stay once i uncover them .......bigger guys have been more appreciative especially the ones who do work out.....i get attracted to the way a guy would and will treat me..that makes me feel appreciated and feminine..deb

Unless you play in the NBA, height doesn't give you an advantage in anything in life. Not as far as I can tell, anyway.

The only thing height alone gets you is brownie points for getting things out of the high kitchen shelves. :o

• Like 5

Womne like to be dominated wheter physically or whatever.

Picking a women up and lifiting her in the air like shes nothing gives her a sense of your superiorty to her which turns women on

The only thing height alone gets you is brownie points for getting things out of the high kitchen shelves. :o

And seeing over stuff.

• Like 2

Or if we were herbivores and got most of our food by picking it off tree branches I guess I would struggle.

Says the short guy who wishes he was tall. Pathetic veiled attempt to justify your insecurities. That was too easy to spot.

I've never wished I was tall. I just feel a need to stand up for those men who feel inadequate because of their height and to remind them it means nothing in the grand scheme of things. Don't get all blowfish on me buddy.

It's mostly vanity. They will usually not admit this because it makes them look superficial, so they say the "protected/feminine" BS. They like a man who looks good with their high heels and taller men look better in pictures and clothes generally. It's the equivalent of liking a woman because she looks good with one's car.

• Like 4

Size does not equal masculinity at all to me. I have never thought "wow manly" just cause a guy is burly or tall or muscley. My last guy was what I like, 5'10 or 11 I guess and he weighed like 165 or something? He was very lean, he was masculine...not because of how he looked but because of how he acted and the way he carried himself. His body size had nothing to do with it. I ALWAYS felt like "the woman" when I was with him because I am feminine in GENERAL.

The story about a girl liking a guy to pick her up cause her dad used to is creepy as fk.

• Like 3
So now you are some sort of lone defender against inadequacy? So noble.

I sort of have to be. Because I break every mold on here and am considerably successful with women.

I'm short, I'm hispanic, and I'm skinny.

If you read the bulk of threads on here from men complaining, it's because they are non-white, short, or skinny. They feel that's what's holding them back in their dating life.

I wasn't always successful, but that's because I was the nice guy. I didn't get successful by getting taller, more muscular, and bleaching my skin, I got successful by changing my perception of how women work and what makes them tick.

So anytime I see threads like this, or similar threads regarding men and their feelings of physical/racial inadequacy, I have to give them hope. ;)

• Like 4
It's mostly vanity. They will usually not admit this because it makes them look superficial, so they say the "protected/feminine" BS. They like a man who looks good with their high heels and taller men look better in pictures and clothes generally. It's the equivalent of liking a woman because she looks good with one's car.

Its hot, even when no one is around, get over it.

I partially agree with this, and I think it is a valid point.

I also think that the more Masculine a WOMAN is, the more she wants a guy who is big and whatever to make her feel feminine. She herself isn't feminine and wants something to make her feel that way. So I guess a big guy makes her feel girly. I feel girly every second of the day, so maybe that's why I don't place any importance on a dude being X lbs or X height to make ME feel feminine -- his height or weight is never gonna be what makes me feel feminine. I *am* feminine and I feel it no matter the size of people around me........

• Like 2
I sort of have to be. Because I break every mold on here and am considerably successful with women.

I'm short, I'm hispanic, and I'm skinny.

If you read the bulk of threads on here from men complaining, it's because they are non-white, short, or skinny. They feel that's what's holding them back in their dating life.

I wasn't always successful, but that's because I was the nice guy. I didn't get successful by getting taller, more muscular, and bleaching my skin, I got successful by changing my perception of how women work and what makes them tick.

So anytime I see threads like this, or similar threads regarding men and their feelings of physical/racial inadequacy, I have to give them hope. ;)

I can vouch for this. While I despair of having a relationship with a man or woman I've had sexual success with both.

Women want to have sex with people who they sense will make them feel good. (Men too for that matter).

I also think that the more Masculine a WOMAN is, the more she wants a guy who is big and whatever to make her feel feminine. She herself isn't feminine and wants something to make her feel that way. So I guess a big guy makes her feel girly. I feel girly every second of the day, so maybe that's why I don't place any importance on a dude being X lbs or X height to make ME feel feminine -- his height or weight is never gonna be what makes me feel feminine. I *am* feminine and I feel it no matter the size of people around me........

This is probably true. Just the same way men who feel feminine and inadequate about it will want a woman who is more stereotypically feminine to make them feel masculine.

Edited by Mrlonelyone
  • Like 1

I'm short, I'm hispanic,

)

To be fair though hispanic women are probably the group that is least concerned about height,they dont worship height nealy as much as white and black women

• Like 1

Interesting take and one I've often thought about. At least when it comes to OLD, I've noticed most women that openly state they want tall men to message them are taller than the average height for a woman. Part of me thinks the woman feels inadequate herself because she's taller or at the very least, the same height as most men she's meeting, so she feels less feminine? I don't know. I guess it really depends on individual cases. Some men are insecure about their height and won't go after taller women, some taller women feel insecure about their height so won't go after shorter men, etc. It really does depend on the individual situation.

Awful reasoning. I get told all the time that I'm very womanly due to my body type and proportions and I'm only attracted to taller masculine looking guys. I can get over height if there is some muscle there though. Funnily enough, women who care about height the most usually tend to be shorter or smaller.

Awful reasoning. I get told all the time that I'm very womanly due to my body type and proportions and I'm only attracted to taller masculine looking guys. I can get over height if there is some muscle there though. Funnily enough, women who care about height the most usually tend to be shorter or smaller.

I don't think it's about LOOKING "like a woman". I think it's about actually being feminine. That is a lot more than having long hair and boobs. I am very feminine in how I act / dress etc.

It was just a thought and one I do think has some merit.

• Like 1
To be fair though hispanic women are probably the group that is least concerned about height,they dont worship height nealy as much as white and black women

I guess that's true in most cases since I've seen very few hispanic women that are taller than average, but then again you'll have the hispanic women who prefer white or black men, so the height thing doesn't come into play at all because they're already ruling me out for something else.

I just believe if you know how to handle women, this stuff doesn't matter. So like what I said on the first page, the last chick was 5'10, pale and irish. So right there I'm killing the short thing and the race thing, for men on here that believe that stuff is the be all end all to their dating success.

You just have to know how to treat a woman. That's really it. The people that rule you out are going to rule you out regardless. You have to focus on the ones who give you a chance.

todreaminblue

Unless the shorter guy uses a chair and has excellent quads ....equals more brownie points.....:cool:

Interesting take and one I've often thought about. At least when it comes to OLD, I've noticed most women that openly state they want tall men to message them are taller than the average height for a woman. Part of me thinks the woman feels inadequate herself because she's taller or at the very least, the same height as most men she's meeting, so she feels less feminine? I don't know. I guess it really depends on individual cases. Some men are insecure about their height and won't go after taller women, some taller women feel insecure about their height so won't go after shorter men, etc. It really does depend on the individual situation.

In my experience, the most interest I get are from women much shorter than myself, frequently below 5 foot 6. I do get the occasional heads up from taller women, but they tend to be at least 5 foot 9 and up.

I think Veggirl did bring up a good point - it's one I haven't considered admittedly, I just think some women are really attracted to tall guys and that's it. Believe it or not, I've known women to really prefer shorter men rather than tall too.

• Like 1
I just think some women are really attracted to tall guys and that's it. Believe it or not, I've known women to really prefer shorter men rather than tall too.

Well, of course, but I was speaking more towards the ones who live and die by the height thing. There has to be a hangup on either end for height to be that important.

I would assume most non shallow people can make allowances depending on the person. I've made it very clear my preference is pear shaped brunettes. But if a skinny blonde happened to steal my heart, then so be it. The pear shaped brunette is just a preference, but if someone else comes along, and they have a great personality, I'll date them.

So I'm sure the taller women I've dated weren't going out of their way to find a 5'7 guy and maybe never considered dating a shorter man until they met me, because of how I made them feel.

Kind of getting off track--basically I'm saying the ones who under no circumstances will date someone over or under a specific height usually have a personal hangup. Insecurities within themselves. Maybe they feel less feminine dating someone shorter, because their height makes them insecure, or a man feels less masculine for being short, so he rules out all tall women, etc.

• Like 2

Ive found the women around my height[close to 5'8] are the ones who dont care about height nearly as much as the shorter ones from 5'2-5'6

Kinda bizarre to me that they dont worry about feeling feminine nearly as much as the shorter ones

Ive found the women around my height[close to 5'8] are the ones who dont care about height nearly as much as the shorter ones from 5'2-5'6

Kinda bizarre to me that they dont worry about feeling feminine nearly as much as the shorter ones

That is interesting. I think my real life interactions would mirror that, which is why I specifically mentioned OLD.

In real life, I've seen more shorter women with comically taller men as their boyfriends, then I've seen tall women with their match.

But for some reason, at least in my experience, OLD is a totally different animal. Any woman crying out for tall dudes is 5'7+

todreaminblue
Womne like to be dominated wheter physically or whatever.

Picking a women up and lifiting her in the air like shes nothing gives her a sense of your superiorty to her which turns women on

cough splutter choke......you forgot to add grunting in mono syllables......practically any guy can do a firemans lift.....i can do a firemans lift on a guy....may shorten my legs a little...i can do it though....doesn't make me masculine.......neither does it make a guy masculine being able to heft a girl up in the air..masculinity turns girls on not superiority......being able to launch women into the atmosphere only works if a guy stops flexing his muscles and patting himself on the back for his superiority long enough to remember to catch her on her way back down to earth..............deb

• Like 3

Haven't read all the posts...but I think in today's society, it has considerably less to do with biological value, i.e., the "protection" BS and much more to do with social value. Media portrays more muscle, lean, fit, etc. men as more attractive. Therefore, women will raise their social value by being with more muscular, i.e., more attractive men.

Just my opinion.

• Like 5