Girls.....what do you think of my body? Is it okay?

Which proves why you get ridculed.

Well I am certainly ridiculous in my own way, but pretty sure it's in an entirely different manner than the OP. So not sure what you're getting at here.

Actually, stereotypically good-looking people are among the most insecure people you'll ever meet. Because people respond so strongly to how they look, they often absorb the message that how they look is what really matters. And so physical flaws become sins. Aging is tragic. And whatever they have to offer in terms of personality or intelligence is devalued by people who just care about how they look. Some of them learn to rely on their looks and give up on the other things, and some even learn that bad behavior is perfectly acceptable.

So they put up pictures to get validation that the one thing they really have going for them, the one thing that causes people to like them, is real and is still there.

You'll often find it's the beautiful people who work out the hardest at the gym. It's not true that they are beautiful because they work hard. It's more true that they work hard because they are beautiful. The fear of losing that beauty drives them.

People who struggle with their looks can feel confident that when someone likes them, it's because that person appreciates who they are. People who are beautiful can never be sure.

Hm, fascinating. Never thought of it that way. My mother always used to say that she felt sorry for Princess Di, being so beautiful and all, and I always told her she was full of it.... but looking back, it's a similar sort of idea. It seems beautiful people are not immune to problems; they just face different problems than us mundanes.

.... Problems that are still kinda, somewhat, at least a tiny percentage ridiculous when posting a six-pack picture on a forum and wanting to know if you're attractive.

.... So can I still kinda sorta mock the Adonis-statue-beefcakes looking for validation? Please?

• Like 1
Define natural, but I've never seen anyone who was not living a pampered life have a body like that. I'm sure chicks and gays love it but it's not something you will see in a non-technological society. Lean, yes, but not lean and built.

Natural would mean, for most people, not utilizing drugs or surgery to achieve it - ie it is done through working out and eating specific types of food. Obviously most people with ripped bodies would need to 'create' it through bodybuilding and exercise. But equally so most women with completely flat stomachs would need to 'create' them through diet and exercise. Yet I don't see people talking about how 'unnatural' women with flat stomachs are, even though the female models of today very much do not look the same as women in the old days, either.

I don't see asking if people have problems with his body. He got some honest opinions "...too lean...not really into so much definition..and so on". Just like people would be telling a chubby guy he should maybe drop a few pounds if they were to post a pic asking for opinions. Lots of hostilities though. Most good looking girls, I never really have problems with. Many not so good looking girls...kinda hostile off the bat.

Also, he might have dehydrated and/or really cut back on food to get there for a limited time. That might be right after lifting. Maybe running clen, although perfectly doable without it. Just saying that might not be how his body looks 24/7.

What's your point? :confused: What I posted is the exact analogue of what he posted. If there's nothing wrong with what he posted, there's nothing wrong with what I posted. ;)

am I too muscular or okay? I train hard at the gym, I eat clean, so just curious.

7ca26d06244211e2bbaa22000a1cdb27_7.jpg

fbbb440a07f011e2827612313814176c_7.jpg

Too low fat % for my taste. I like a muscular, strong body on a man but with a more natural look. Something that's achieved with strength training and being outdoors rather than obsession with protein shakes.

How old is OP and if above 30 is he juicing a little?

No he is not juicing he's way to skinny for that... Or he got ripped off hard :s

I dont see why a lot of you are going him a hard time or calling him out as those pics not being him. Believe it or not a lot of people who hit the gym hard do it because of low self esteem to begin with and no matter how good they look to them it's never really good enough, and just because he's that lean doesn't mean he spends hours in the gym, he could just have a very high metabolism which keeps him lean, his body looks like an ectomorph to me so that makes sence.

On a side note I've read a lot of threads on here where women say that looks on a man aren't important to them and that's just something guys look for yet there's a lot of comments about him being "yummy"

... Just pointing that out :D

• Author

I don't think any of you read my reason for getting into shape, but it's on the thread so you can read it.

Anyway, this is 1 example of someone who is a doctor and in shape.

tumblr_m903uk0v1p1qjwtd3o1_500.jpg

dr%20christian%20jessen%202011.jpg

This thread is pointless. OP doesn't keep fit to please girls so I don't get why their feedback is relevant to begin with.

Edited by EternalInk
Define natural, but I've never seen anyone who was not living a pampered life have a body like that. I'm sure chicks and gays love it but it's not something you will see in a non-technological society. Lean, yes, but not lean and built.

You only see built guys in a technological society?

Seriously?

• Author

You don't have to be "privileged" to get in shape and fit. The women I've met who have been overweight and then get into amazing shape is incredible. If you're dedicated to do it, then you have to be given that respect. I think it shows more about a person who is willing to get in shape and change themselves, rather than overweight people who complain about being overweight, yet don't want to follow a strict diet or exercise regime to better themselves.

I tried to help one guy who was overweight get in shape, but he had excuses all the time for not working out and not eating right. There was no chance of helping someone like that. And before you say it, no he was not happy with his body, he was constantly saying "I really need to get in shape" "summer is coming up and I look like a fat blob" etc, yet when it came down to the hard stuff, he wasn't willing to get in shape.

I only drink 1 protein shake after my workout because it is quick and convenient. Apart from that, all the protein and carbs I get are from natural animal and plant sources. I only eat organic vegetables, free range (sometimes organic) meat, free range eggs, and organic oats. Of course I eat junk now and then, but I prefer to keep it to a minimum. and contrary to popular belief, this kind of lifestyle doesn't affect my social life at all.

Can you please tell me how to get a body like that ? I really want to get lean and ripped ...

Tell me your workout plan

You only see built guys in a technological society?

Seriously?

I think it's the opposite. You only see an abundance of fat people in technological society. If people actually had to go outside to entertain themselves, wouldn't be as many fat people. But instead too many stay indoors watching TV, playing video games, on the computer and eating like ****. And then they talk **** about the people that go to gyms. "omg, that guy spends one to two hours a day working out lol. How does he find the time to watch 100 hours of TV and 500 hours of video games a week or have 10,000+ post on 50 different forums when he waste so much time working out?"

Edited by Imported
You don't have to be "privileged" to get in shape and fit.

I only drink 1 protein shake after my workout because it is quick and convenient. Apart from that, all the protein and carbs I get are from natural animal and plant sources. I only eat organic vegetables, free range (sometimes organic) meat, free range eggs, and organic oats. Of course I eat junk now and then, but I prefer to keep it to a minimum. and contrary to popular belief, this kind of lifestyle doesn't affect my social life at all.

A half-starving stone age person would find all that pretty privileged. Some extraordinary person may once in a while achieve something like that briefly but I've never seen it, in every case I've seen people whose primary focus is survival never look like that. Not once have I seen it.

Just a word of advice to the OP. if you are serious about an acting career you should NOT be posting pics of yourself on forums. One of the first things will ask when you get a role is about your online presence.

I don't think any of you read my reason for getting into shape, but it's on the thread so you can read it.

Anyway, this is 1 example of someone who is a doctor and in shape.

Here is another "doctor" who looks good shirtless. :)

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2350/2134493115_c96904a36c.jpg

Anyhow, I think what matters most to women is what is behind that body. Thankfully, many women look for more than just a flat belly in their men or a nice head of hair. :D

But if this is truly you, then I am impressed at how much work it took for you to get to that point...even if it is in your genes.

I have to agree with some that many fit and muscular men seem to be as insecure as the not so fit men. Having worked out in different gyms over the past almost three decades, I have found that those "jocks" actually can be very nice when they get past the "I am a Greek god" attitude. Many of them are more insecure than the "nerds" trying to look like them.

BTW, young women are looking to settle down, too. Awhile they may not realize it, that flat ab will soon become a flab ab in almost every man. I would suggest that you attempt to hone your communication skills and listening skills as a way to catch a woman, rather than spend too much time perfecting your six pack.

Having said that, i admit...I AM jealous of whomever has that flat ab!

Actually, stereotypically good-looking people are among the most insecure people you'll ever meet. Because people respond so strongly to how they look, they often absorb the message that how they look is what really matters. And so physical flaws become sins. Aging is tragic. And whatever they have to offer in terms of personality or intelligence is devalued by people who just care about how they look. Some of them learn to rely on their looks and give up on the other things, and some even learn that bad behavior is perfectly acceptable.

So they put up pictures to get validation that the one thing they really have going for them, the one thing that causes people to like them, is real and is still there.

You'll often find it's the beautiful people who work out the hardest at the gym. It's not true that they are beautiful because they work hard. It's more true that they work hard because they are beautiful. The fear of losing that beauty drives them.

People who struggle with their looks can feel confident that when someone likes them, it's because that person appreciates who they are. People who are beautiful can never be sure.

This is really useful information, thanks. Seriously.

• Author
A half-starving stone age person would find all that pretty privileged. Some extraordinary person may once in a while achieve something like that briefly but I've never seen it, in every case I've seen people whose primary focus is survival never look like that. Not once have I seen it.

OKay, well I didn't actually realise that person was talking about the stone age. I thought they were talking about in this day and age you have to be privileged to get in that shape, that's why I thought it sounded crazy. To be honest, I've never seen a stone age or hunter gather male with their clothes off, so I cannot exactly tell you what they all looked like.

Why have you never started a thread like this, James? Don't you care what the girls think of your abs?

:lmao:

I did lose over 30# and am in the normal BMI range...but I haven't found my six pack yet. :laugh:

At my age, the women care more about many many other things than me having a six pack. Let's see bank account, job, father skills, listening abilities....

I remember one woman telling me that she would rather that her man have a little belly than have a flat one. :eek: And he does. Of course, he probably will have an early heart attack, too. :rolleyes:

If I started a thread like this, then it would be about if ladies liked my more noticeable forehead. :D

• Like 3