Girls.....what do you think of my body? Is it okay?

Why? I've had beefcake and while it can be pretty to look at, does little for me in the long run.

I personally dislike it - it can run true for you but you are only futhering the stereotype that a "beefcake" can't be brainy. Which I pretty much don't agree with and dislike.

• Like 3
I personally dislike it - it can run true for you but you are only futhering the stereotype that a "beefcake" can't be brainy. Which I pretty much don't agree with and dislike.

This is a stereotype and you are correct; I shouldn't categorize so much. Suffice to say that the men I have known (intimately) who are *that* built, are that way because of the amount of gym time involved to get their bodies so sculpted.

In the process - and this is the caveat - GENERALLY they are spending less time on cerebral matters and that is what tends to suffer. They usually can't be working out AND reading journals, so I have found their minds are not as actively exercised as their bodies are. They may very well still be intelligent, but the range of intellectual interests (in my experience!) tends to be fairly limited.

• Like 1
  • Author

hey, I'm not in shape to please girls. I am doing this simply because I like to feel healthy and happy, and energetic. I've been overweight and it wasn't nice. I was depressed and became ill due to it. I had to change my ways, and my eating habits to improve myself. I just got really addicted to being in shape and healthy, so I continued it and found out as much as I could about it. If girls do or do not find me attractive because of it, then that's their prerogative. But I didn't get in shape for the pleasure of attracting women. I did it purely for health reasons only. It's just like girls are interested in shopping/make up/etc, I'm interested in keeping fit.

• Like 3
Does nothing for me, but I'm a brains-over-brawn kinda girl.

I know, like he is so lean it is incredible he even knew how to spell. He probably got a really fat out of shape guy (super smart) to help him.

• Like 1
I keep lean because I do amateur boxing and I'm pursuing acting. So I need to keep in shape for both. This is why I keep my body like that. Also, the fitness modelling is not a huge part of my life, I just do it now and again when there's photoshoots available for different things.

Hmm - in your other threads you say you're NOT a model.

• Author
This is a stereotype and you are correct; I shouldn't categorize so much. Suffice to say that the men I have known (intimately) who are *that* built, are that way because of the amount of gym time involved to get their bodies so sculpted.

In the process - and this is the caveat - GENERALLY they are spending less time on cerebral matters and that is what tends to suffer. They usually can't be working out AND reading journals, so I have found their minds are not as actively exercised as their bodies are. They may very well still be intelligent, but the range of intellectual interests (in my experience!) tends to be fairly limited.

That's kind of mad to say. Because I've never spent longer than 90 mins in the gym. In fact, now I only spend 1 hour in the gym to keep my body like this. But working out helps you concentrate, it can improve your thinking, it can make you a lot more aware. You have to eat healthy, which includes foods that contain vital vitamins and minerals to help with the aforementioned abilities.

I am pursuing acting, which means a lot of reading and memorizing. I would not consider myself stupid at all. How do you think doctors become doctors? or lawyers become lawyers? It's through a lot of reading. Doctors do on the job work, but they also read, read, read A LOT! They could do all the practical work possible, but they wouldn't learn hardly anything without reading all them medical journals.

But anyway, what I'm trying to say is that there are probably millions upon millions of "gym rat" type guys around the world who are intelligent. So what you said is kind of ridiculous.

I keep lean because I do amateur boxing and I'm pursuing acting. So I need to keep in shape for both. This is why I keep my body like that. Also, the fitness modelling is not a huge part of my life, I just do it now and again when there's photoshoots available for different things.

Really? But but you're not a model? But do modeling now and again?

Just curious, because I am he? Oh and I'm decent looking, not a model, but I'm not unattractive. Been told I'm good looking before, so......
  • Author
Also in another one of your threads you say you have an "average" body.

This is my brother's account. I could not be bothered to make an account, so I just used this account to ask this question. I don't know what threads he has made on here.

Under The Radar
This is my brother's account. I could not be bothered to make an account, so I just used this account to ask this question. I don't know what threads he has made on here.

Makes perfect sense :rolleyes:

• Like 3
am I too muscular or okay? I train hard at the gym, I eat clean, so just curious.

7ca26d06244211e2bbaa22000a1cdb27_7.jpg

fbbb440a07f011e2827612313814176c_7.jpg

OP, add your username on a piece of paper with a timestamp written on it to...or else im calling bs. We had a guy in the past come in here using pics he found on the bodybuilding.com forums.

No guy in his right mind, who looks like that, is going to be on any forum asking women if he looks okay.

• Like 4

Your body doesn't do it for me. I like a more natural look. I like lean, but not with all the ripply muscles. Sorry.

Lots of women will like it though.

• Like 1

PS - I wouldnt call you very muscular. Youre about my build with way less body fat. What a lot of people dont realize is that when you drop body fat, it can really make you look way muscular and toned because thats most of whats left--muscle. So Id say you have decent-ish musculature. Nothing huge like Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson or anything.

Your body doesn't do it for me. I like a more natural look. I like lean, but not with all the ripply muscles. Sorry.

Lots of women will like it though.

Um...muscles are natural. Our ancestors would look more like him then the average Westerner (esp Americans) since wed have less fat content and wed be building muscles from living less sedentary lives. Michelangelo's David is lauded as a supreme specimen of prime male physique...Id say that looks natural. Btw, OPs pic is a guy flexing, and he will look less ripped when relaxed.

Edited by kaylan
  • Like 1
PS - I wouldnt call you very muscular. Youre about my build with way less body fat. What a lot of people dont realize is that when you drop body fat, it can really make you look way muscular and toned because thats most of whats left--muscle. So Id say you have decent-ish musculature. Nothing huge like Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson or anything.

Um...muscles are natural. Our ancestors would look more like him then the average Westerner (esp Americans) since wed have less fat content and wed be building muscles from living less sedentary lives. Michelangelo's David is lauded as a supreme specimen of prime male physique...Id say that looks natural. Btw, OPs pic is a guy flexing, and he will look less ripped when relaxed.

Natural for the 21st century then. I'm not a fan of six pack abs.

I think a brainy person would be smart enough to be healthy.. Much like a successful business person or natural leader would also be in rather good shape by being active and understanding that being well rounded on the planes of existence behoove of em'. Look good, feel good ;)

Knowing what health requires and following those requirements are two separate things. Just look at my doctor...or me :laugh:

Natural for the 21st century then. I'm not a fan of six pack abs.

21st century? Have you seen the statue of David? Its not from the 21st century. Low body fat has always been natural and generally more sexier than being an average pudgy American. Its cool if you dont like six packs, but to insinuate that its not a natural look is highly incorrect. History and science will show you this. Whats not natural is how many humans have lived since the industrial revolution. Sedentary lifestyles are whats not natural.

Edited by kaylan

But anyway, what I'm trying to say is that there are probably millions upon millions of "gym rat" type guys around the world who are intelligent. So what you said is kind of ridiculous.

I'll try this again. Since this is your "brother's account" and you can't "be bothered to make an account," you don't know me or my history.

I am the middle-aged woman on this site that has slept with 300+ men - so I have some experience in this realm when I state "GENERALLY they [gym rats] are spending less time on cerebral matters and that is what tends to suffer."

It is a stereotype for a reason. I've had enough experience with enough men that FOR ME, it is far from ridiculous, but quite a true statement.

I am currently involved in a relationship with a doctor. He, more than anyone, knows the importance of maintaining a healthy lifestyle but acknowledges there would have been no way possible for him to get through medical school and work out ever day. He exercises when he cans. He deliberately parks his car far away from his office to get a brisk walk to-and-from his practice.

But in the 300+ men I have had physical relations with - and the additional several hundred with whom I have had friendships but may not have had sex with - it is not a fallacy to state that those who spend more time devoted to their body do not have as much time to hone their minds.

I have never said that gym rats are not intelligent. I have said that I prefer a more cerebral man and those who are more interested in intellectual endeavors. I will take a pudgy brainiac who knows about the Plantagenets, can splice a gene, or debate the intricacies of the EU budget over a Greek god who has to google who the Plantagenets are, has to use a calculator to multiply four figures, or doesn't know which political party currently holds the majority in the House or Senate.

And while I appreciate the aesthetics of the eye candy, I have never met a guy who is built that good who can entice me with his smarts. Doesn't mean he isn't out there, but after 300+ guys, I don't need to keep looking.

It could be a model thing, my GF is always finding or recycling ways to get compliments from me and dresses provocatively more often than I would if I were in her package but maybe the same thing that drives them to ask things like this is what drives them to maintain a great body.

Carrie, you are not lucky if you haven't found an athletic man with brains among hundreds of men. The beefiest guy I've been with is one of the most intelligent nice men I have ever met.

• Like 2
21st century? Have you seen the statue of David? Its not from the 21st century. Low body fat has always been natural and generally more sexier than being an average pudgy American. Its cool if you dont like six packs, but to insinuate that its not a natural look is highly incorrect. History and science will show you this. Whats not natural is how many humans have lived since the industrial revolution. Sedentary lifestyles are whats not natural.

OP (or whoever it is) didn't get that body from chopping wood, harvesting crops, or running away from from dangerous animals. He created it. Not my thing personally.

I never said anything about preferring pudge.

Carrie, you are not lucky if you haven't found an athletic man with brains among hundreds of men. The beefiest guy I've been with is one of the most intelligent nice men I have ever met.

It wouldn't surprise me.

I've had some pretty awful luck with guys until now... :o

• Author
I'll try this again. Since this is your "brother's account" and you can't "be bothered to make an account," you don't know me or my history.

I am the middle-aged woman on this site that has slept with 300+ men - so I have some experience in this realm when I state "GENERALLY they [gym rats] are spending less time on cerebral matters and that is what tends to suffer."

It is a stereotype for a reason. I've had enough experience with enough men that FOR ME, it is far from ridiculous, but quite a true statement.

I am currently involved in a relationship with a doctor. He, more than anyone, knows the importance of maintaining a healthy lifestyle but acknowledges there would have been no way possible for him to get through medical school and work out ever day. He exercises when he cans. He deliberately parks his car far away from his office to get a brisk walk to-and-from his practice.

But in the 300+ men I have had physical relations with - and the additional several hundred with whom I have had friendships but may not have had sex with - it is not a fallacy to state that those who spend more time devoted to their body do not have as much time to hone their minds.

I have never said that gym rats are not intelligent. I have said that I prefer a more cerebral man and those who are more interested in intellectual endeavors. I will take a pudgy brainiac who knows about the Plantagenets, can splice a gene, or debate the intricacies of the EU budget over a Greek god who has to google who the Plantagenets are, has to use a calculator to multiply four figures, or doesn't know which political party currently holds the majority in the House or Senate.

And while I appreciate the aesthetics of the eye candy, I have never met a guy who is built that good who can entice me with his smarts. Doesn't mean he isn't out there, but after 300+ guys, I don't need to keep looking.

Well, it's probably an age thing now. Now you're middle aged, you are most likely looking for a guy to "settle" with. But I am probably half your age, so it's entirely different. I still think that women prefer a guy who has the looks and smarts at any age. That's why so many women swoon over musicians and movie stars.

I don't know how many of the men who you slept with were casual flings, but I'm pretty sure that a guy with a good body who is just after sex, is not going to have the intellectual capacity to bother with a deep conversation and getting to know the women he beds. This may or may not apply to your situation though, as I don't know you. But this could be the reason why so many of them men were not up to your standards in the smarts department.