Men talking about women

ThaWholigan

If men did voice displeasure with it we would be accused of whining and told to man up because now we are just getting a taste of our own medicine. Somebody in this thread actually said those words.

Truth be told it doesn't bother me when my coworkers lust over the hot vendor because they are not hypocrites about it. One of them even encouraged a summer intern who just cheated on by his girlfriend to take a vacation and get laid as much as possible so it is no more than friendly back and forth.

I do agree though that with people we don't know just keep our thoughts inside.

• Like 1
  • Author
But there's a key difference in all of your examples of women objectifying men: the men want it. Or, maybe more accurately, because of the limited scope of what society allows to be "male sexuality" (men must be horny and want sex at all times), maybe men aren't allowed to express their discomfort with it. Hmm, if only we lived in a society where people treated each other with respect...

And I say again, just because women do it, why does that make it okay for men?? Am I arguing that women should do it, and men shouldn't? NO. I am saying NO one should make inappropriate comments about another person's body, full stop. So please, let's stop beating that straw man.

I really, really don't get why it isn't just enough to keep it to yourself. Why is it too much to ask to just STOP making comments about women's bodies until you know those comments are welcome?

It's kinda hard. Sometimes I just see boobs and I wanna go "DAMN LOOK AT THOSE TITTIES" while my eyes pop out my head......

OK I'm being facetious. It's not particularly difficult, not too much to ask. Just a little touchy for both parties I would say.

But there's a key difference in all of your examples of women objectifying men: the men want it. Or, maybe more accurately, because of the limited scope of what society allows to be "male sexuality" (men must be horny and want sex at all times), maybe men aren't allowed to express their discomfort with it. Hmm, if only we lived in a society where people treated each other with respect...

And I say again, just because women do it, why does that make it okay for men?? Am I arguing that women should do it, and men shouldn't? NO. I am saying NO one should make inappropriate comments about another person's body, full stop. So please, let's stop beating that straw man.

I really, really don't get why it isn't just enough to keep it to yourself. Why is it too much to ask to just STOP making comments about women's bodies until you know those comments are welcome?

If the woman is unattractive then its not wanted.

Oxy Moronovich

Expecting men to stop making comments about women's bodies is like expecting it to stop snowing in Russia. It ain't gonna happen. But women will keep bitching about it like that will change things.

It's kinda hard. Sometimes I just see boobs and I wanna go "DAMN LOOK AT THOSE TITTIES" while my eyes pop out my head......

OK I'm being facetious. It's not particularly difficult, not too much to ask. Just a little touchy for both parties I would say.

Im a sucker for thick thighs

• Like 1
If men did voice displeasure with it we would be accused of whining and told to man up because now we are just getting a taste of our own medicine. Somebody in this thread actually said those words.

Truth be told it doesn't bother me when my coworkers lust over the hot vendor because they are not hypocrites about it. One of them even encouraged a summer intern who just cheated on by his girlfriend to take a vacation and get laid as much as possible so it is no more than friendly back and forth.

I do agree though that with people we don't know just keep our thoughts inside.

Men do bitch and whine all the time though, at least on this forum. I can only imagine how much they would complain if they were judged like women for their looks.

The only thing they really complain about is height because it is one thing a person just can't change.

Not really. Tons of men here complain about having unattractive faces. And are you saying women should not complain because they can get boob jobs and nose jobs? Don't get th logic in there.

• Like 2
  • Author
The only thing they really complain about is height because it is one thing a person just can't change.

I think guys need to forget about the height thing. Girls will pass them up for it, but for every girl who does, there's a girl who doesn't give a f*ck.

I told my brother about all the short stuff on the internet and even showed him the heightism twitter and stuff - he laughed his little ass off, and went out to go and get laid like the little bastard he is :laugh:

Not really. Tons of men here complain about having unattractive faces. And are you saying women should not complain because they can get boob jobs and nose jobs? Don't get th logic in there.

I never said women shouldn't complain. I always say that men are not nearly as shallow as women think we are. We talk a lot of crap especially around other men but most of us really are not that bad in practice while many women really consider it a dealbreaker if a man is a few inches short or fails to live up to some romance movie ideal.

• Author

See when it comes to faces, I don't think there is an inherent look unattractive enough to deter ALL suitors. So while I can understand the concern that one's face isn't up to par (a concern I held until I reached 20), again, it's something that one cannot really dwell on. Good grooming, some tone and they'll be OK.

• Like 1
Im at wal mart now looking at this woman play with a shakeweight. All sorts of images now

Imagine the things one could say about that

Oh please women do this **** all the time,i dont know how many times women in my social circle even married friends wives have made comments how unattractive short men are while i was in the room

Youre not gonna change anyone so i suggest you buck up

Position and status? I wasn't thinking about that at all. You assume that I desire dominion over others :laugh:.

I know you weren't thinking about it, but that is sort of the point.

Men don't have to think about position and status, because they have historically had it (relative to women). Men imagine being lusted after as women are, and how great that would be, but don't fully understand that it comes with a price--and that price sometimes is being undervalued for your skills and work.

It's a double-edged sword. That's why women complain about it.

• Like 2

No one wants to be treated as an object. I do online dating, and I understand that (besides a good first email), my education level, "what I do" (i.e., solid income), and even what I look like is what will get me the date. But I want to be seen as more than that, and most any other guy who actually has experience would say the same thing. If a woman approached me from say online and said that she was looking for an educated man with a good income and that from my profile I qualify, I would not write her back. Even if I was attracted to her. I'd feel too much like an object. This would hold if you replaced the adjectives "educated" and "with a good income" with "handsome" or "with a great body".

So yes, as men we want to think of ourselves as winners on the one hand. We take pride in "what we do" and even what we can afford. But on the other hand, we fantasize on some level about a woman who would still be into us even if we lost our jobs and our money, because she is into us because of us. We don't want to be thought of as an ATM, at least, those of us with any self-respect.

I think something similar is true for women. They know beauty is the milkshake that brings the boys into the yard, and they want to think of themselves as beautiful. But women don't want to be liked only for their looks because that makes them feel objectified. And they fantasize on some level for a man who will stick by them even if/when their looks go.

Edited by Imajerk17
  • Like 9

I think something similar is true for women. They know beauty is the milkshake that brings the boys into the yard, and they want to think of themselves as beautiful. But women don't want to be liked only for their looks because that makes them feel objectified. And they fantasize on some level for a man who will stick by them even if/when their looks go.

/thread

*applause*

• Like 4
  • Author
No one wants to be treated as an object. I do online dating, and I understand that (besides a good first email), my education level, "what I do" (i.e., solid income), and even what I look like is what will get me the date. But I want to be seen as more than that, and most any other guy who actually has experience would say the same thing. If a woman approached me from say online and said that she was looking for an educated man with a good income and that from my profile I qualify, I would not write her back. Even if I was attracted to her. I'd feel too much like an object. This would hold if you replaced the adjectives "educated" and "with a good income" with "handsome" or "with a great body".

So yes, as men we want to think of ourselves as winners on the one hand. We take pride in "what we do" and even what we can afford. But on the other hand, we fantasize on some level about a woman who would still be into us even if we lost our jobs and our money, because she is into us because of us. We don't want to be thought of as an ATM, at least, those of us with any self-respect.

I can dig that.

For someone who's got the name "jerk", you're not really a jerk are you? :laugh:

I guess my only question (which has more or less been answered so it's rhetorical and a formality) is do women really think that because we vocally admire their beauty, that we dismiss every other attribute that complements that beauty?

My questions have already been answered. It's not the answers I wanted, but I'll live with that :).

• Like 4
I can dig that.

For someone who's got the name "jerk", you're not really a jerk are you? :laugh:

I guess my only question (which has more or less been answered so it's rhetorical and a formality) is do women really think that because we vocally admire their beauty, that we dismiss every other attribute that complements that beauty?

My questions have already been answered. It's not the answers I wanted, but I'll live with that :).

I can't on some level it doesn't make sense. No man is dismissing your other attributes. How can we if we just met you and don't know about them?

• Author
I can't on some level it doesn't make sense. No man is dismissing your other attributes. How can we if we just met you and don't know about them?

It doesn't matter. That's just what women are likely to think half the time - as we glean from this thread, and asking them to change that is like.......well, asking us NOT to think about them sexually. It's just not gonna happen.

Either way, I will eliminate that part of the problem by dating a woman who doesn't have a problem with how much I like her body - that's my solution anyway. Because nobody can tell me that I would diminish her other qualities when I know that I wouldn't - liking her body won't change that.

I have mastered the art of being able to see a woman's entire body and remember it within 1 second. So I can eliminate the ogling problem :laugh:. Works every time.

And like Imajerk, I would be a little put out if I wasn't admired for things other than what I "provide". It would be an unlikely problem for me I feel, but still, he made a good point. That's like women's way of "objectifying" us :laugh:.

Although, I think we lost the point of this thread, which was basically men "talking" about women's bodies, not for admiring them. I am tempted to refrain from it altogether to be honest - I can't be arsed to hear complaints about it. And I'm not one to restrict it to things like strip clubs etc. That's not me really. That's not my channel. I'll save it for my own private writing.

Edited by ThaWholigan
  • Like 1
It doesn't matter. That's just what women are likely to think half the time - as we glean from this thread, and asking them to change that is like.......well, asking us NOT to think about them sexually. It's just not gonna happen.

Either way, I will eliminate that part of the problem by dating a woman who doesn't have a problem with how much I like her body - that's my solution anyway. Because nobody can tell me that I would diminish her other qualities when I know that I wouldn't - liking her body won't change that.

I have mastered the art of being able to see a woman's entire body and remember it within 1 second. So I can eliminate the ogling problem :laugh:. Works every time.

And like Imajerk, I would be a little put out if I wasn't admired for things other than what I provide. It would be an unlikely problem for me I feel, but still, he made a good point. That's like women's way of "objectifying" us :laugh:.

I understand but what I was kept trying to say for so long was two things

1. Women maybe not all play a role in this they enable the behavior

2. To get a man to initially have any interest in you he has to be attracted to the physical part of you.

It doesn't ignore the other attributes you have because once he is interested and I mean truly interested then he will fall in love with the total package. On some level I see it truly as wanting to change men to be more like women and men are not wired that way. I know for me I'm cool with and have accepted things positive and negative about women. I just want the same on the women's side. They can run their mouth until they are blue in the face but it won't change the fact that the arguments they have come across as such and other women see that. If they want it that way then they should walk around wearing a damn burka http://scm-l3.technorati.com/10/08/24/16829/burka.jpg

I'm not asking anyone to accept being groped any bad behavior. I'm just saying there is an enabler and a person doing the bad behavior. You can't just blame one and not blame the other.

Then it makes no sense to totally negate the fact that a man can't go around see your other attributes. If you want you can walk around with your achievements but initially it takes physical attraction and you can't change the game now. That is just something you have to accept.

Then I got pissed when I said you can only control how you react to situation got taken to be me saying accept bad behavior. I in no way meant it that way. Comprehension is needed bad.