A Girl I "Friend-Zoned" is Flying to See Me This Weekend...

Eternal Sunshine
I'm actually rooting for Hokie to get some. :)

"Go Hokie! Go Hokie! Go Hokie..."

There is nothing wrong with that......

He just needs to be more honest with himself and others regarding this situation....

• Author
Oh, you've found someone already. Get some buddy.

No, there's something about her that makes me rather unattracted to her.

StrangeBehaviors
There is nothing wrong with that......

He just needs to be more honest with himself and others regarding this situation....

Yes. But maybe he is trying to do that but doesn't recognize it 'cause he hasn't been there before.

I know for myself, similar situation, and attracted to her. I'm going in. Can't control it.

Stalker.

You telling her no I'm not interested didn't register because you kept up the conversations. She is coming to get some of you. Her logic... Maybe if I spend time with him he will like me.

You're in danger. Stranger danger.

As a woman I am not taking no plane to see no new man. If you want to see me come to my town. I don't care if you don't have the time/money... when you find it make the trip. You brushed her off as a friend and she's still pushing herself on you. Any other woman wouldn't waste her time. You wouldn't even have known I was coming to town.

StrangeBehaviors
No, there's something about her that makes me rather unattracted to her.

Do it anyway. :laugh:

I kid! I'm on your side either way.

Eternal Sunshine
Yes. But maybe he is trying to do that but doesn't recognize it 'cause he hasn't been there before.

I know for myself, similar situation, and attracted to her. I'm going in. Can't control it.

:laugh:

I definitely believe that's how most men operate.

• Author
Stalker.

You telling her no I'm not interested didn't register because you kept up the conversations. She is coming to get some of you. Her logic... Maybe if I spend time with him he will like me.

You're in danger. Stranger danger.

As a woman I am not taking no plane to see no new man. If you want to see me come to my town. I don't care if you don't have the time/money... when you find it make the trip. You brushed her off as a friend and she's still pushing herself on you. Any other woman wouldn't waste her time. You wouldn't even have known I was coming to town.

And this most is slightly suggestive to me that she DOES view this trip as only hanging out platonically...first, I didn't brush her off as a friend, I declined dating...and you're right, the guy should definitely make the first trip, if it is to meet the girl to date...she is coming out to the LA beach because she doesn't have a beach where she lives...

So the fact that she acts contrary to what you're saying might suggest she doesnt even view it as possible dating...but just a friend going to the beach with a friend...

StrangeBehaviors
And this most is slightly suggestive to me that she DOES view this trip as only hanging out platonically...first, I didn't brush her off as a friend, I declined dating...and you're right, the guy should definitely make the first trip, if it is to meet the girl to date...she is coming out to the LA beach because she doesn't have a beach where she lives...

So the fact that she acts contrary to what you're saying might suggest she doesnt even view it as possible dating...but just a friend going to the beach with a friend...

Poor, poor Hokie. :( So innocent. (Rubbing Hokies head.)

• Author

Well, like I said before, there's something that turns me off big time about her. She's Asian...and she's one of the types that always only dated white guys because that's what she is "attracted to" (ironically, she complains about how every guy out there has "yellow fever"... :rolleyes:).

Anyway, she's a bit older now and the well has run dry, so to speak, and suddenly, she seems deperate enough to "settle" for an Asian because she can't find anyone else. Perhaps I'm being spiteful and irrational, and I probably am, but I cannot find it in me to see her in a romantic way. She's cool to talk to and would certainly make for a good friend, but I wouldn't do anything sexual with her just out of principle...

So besides the distance, that was the number one thing that made me say no to her...

StrangeBehaviors
Well, like I said before, there's something that turns me off big time about her. She's Asian...and she's one of the types that always only dated white guys because that's what she is "attracted to" (ironically, she complains about how every guy out there has "yellow fever"... :rolleyes:).

Anyway, she's a bit older now and the well has run dry, so to speak, and suddenly, she seems deperate enough to "settle" for an Asian because she can't find anyone else. Perhaps I'm being spiteful and irrational, and I probably am, but I cannot find it in me to see her in a romantic way. She's cool to talk to and would certainly make for a good friend, but I wouldn't do anything sexual with her just out of principle...

So besides the distance, that was the number one thing that made me say no to her...

Understood. Clearer picture now of where you are at. Like I said, I'm on your side either way. No negative thoughts from me either way.

And see if she has some frequent flier miles. I'll give you my address.

I'm white. :laugh:

Eternal Sunshine
dude sunshine seems jealous :love::love::love:

I was just giving Hokie my honest thoughts about the situation :rolleyes:

• Like 1

So now she's flying out to CA to hang out with me this weekend...

So it's not for you its for the ocean. Say what! I have never met anyone that will fly to another state for ocean water. If I am flying for ocean water the caribbean is involved. White sand.

Um... have the condoms ready just in case. :bunny:

Next time she wants to plan a trip out to CA say you are busy.

I just read your other comments. I'm put off just reading it.

• Author

Next time she wants to plan a trip out to CA say you are busy.

Yea, I'm never busy on the weekends...hence the motivation for me to go out to the beach.

I just read your other comments. I'm put off just reading it.

I would understand if you were. Empathy can really only be gained through experience.

StrangeBehaviors

Hokie, I can't PM you so here's some of my experience that may be helpful.

I once had a girl that I was not very attracted too visit me (airplane flight many states away) when I lived near the ocean.

And I hit it.

• Author
Hokie, I can't PM you so here's some of my experience that may be helpful.

I once had a girl that I was not very attracted too visit me (airplane flight many states away) when I lived near the ocean.

And I hit it.

Now it appears I have one more reason not to hit it...to prove all of you wrong... :laugh:

• Like 2

I would understand if you were. Empathy can really only be gained through experience.

I'm referring to the only white men and her "yellow" statements.

• Author

Oh, I see...I thought you were put off by the fact that I judged her for that...

Eternal Sunshine

Girls like that disgust me and I am not even Asian :laugh:

I honestly didn't think anything of it...was I supposed to tell her to get her own room?

Uhhhh, YES.

• Like 2

More than likely she is not flying all that way just to hang out as friends.

She wants more than that and will most likely be aggressive in pursuing what she wants. Whatever you decide to do with her be up front and honest with your intentions.

If you do share a room watch your stuff (personal belongings) :p You barely know her and she could be a thief/klepto.

• Like 1
  • Author

Whew, she just called and said they overbooked her flight and she was flying free on standby, so she's not coming anymore.

I'm sorta kinda glad that I don't have to go to LA now...but I couldn't get a refund on the hotel, and I'd rather just eat the cost of it and stay at home...

• Like 1
Whew, she just called and said they overbooked her flight and she was flying free on standby, so she's not coming anymore.

I'm sorta kinda glad that I don't have to go to LA now...but I couldn't get a refund on the hotel, and I'd rather just eat the cost of it and stay at home...

no refund? I thought hotels usually give you 24 hours at the least.

• Author
no refund? I thought hotels usually give you 24 hours at the least.

It was all prepaid with cash + credit card reward points...the hotel couldn't handle the cancellation because it went through priceline...and I don't feel like going down that rabbit hole...

It was all prepaid with cash + credit card reward points...the hotel couldn't handle the cancellation because it went through priceline...and I don't feel like going down that rabbit hole...

We had to cancel through Expedia the day before we were set to go to Chicago and it was simple.