A Girl I "Friend-Zoned" is Flying to See Me This Weekend...

• Author
How far does she live? Is this a long trip for her?

Middle of the country to the west coast. By pony, it'd probably take a couple weeks at least...

Middle of the country to the west coast. By pony, it'd probably take a couple weeks at least...

and by covered wagon?

But I just found it weird that someone would actually do this...is it possible to have truly platonic opposite gender friends?

Umm, it's equally weird that YOU would drive to LA and get a hotel to hang out with her.

Standstrong
Umm, it's equally weird that YOU would drive to LA and get a hotel to hang out with her.

Gotta agree with that

• Author
and by covered wagon?

I'm going to have to pull out my dusty copy of Oregon Trail and extrapolate the data...

I'll make sure you're the first to perish from dysentery.

I'm going to have to pull out my dusty copy of Oregon Trail and extrapolate the data...

I'll make sure you're the first to perish from dysentery.

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Just be sure to check the depth of all rivers before deciding to float across them.

• Author

Given my particular circumstances, anytime I go to LA, I'd have to get a hotel. And being that I'm about two months out, LA, alone or otherwise, would seem like a better alternative than what I'd been doing the past month.

Though I'm making excellent progress with The Hills...I wish Heidi hadn't gotten all those procedures done... :mad:

• Author
:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Just be sure to check the depth of all rivers before deciding to float across them.

Are you kidding me?! I'm always the banker, so we always ballin'. Ferry them all.

Given my particular circumstances, anytime I go to LA, I'd have to get a hotel. And being that I'm about two months out, it would seem like a better alternative than what I'd been doing the past month.

Though I'm making excellent progress with The Hills...I wish Heidi hadn't gotten all those procedures done... :mad:

Still, why is it not weird for you to go out of your way and get a hotel to see this random chick you met on a plane, but it's not weird for her to see you while she's out here to see another guy?

Sounds really hypocritical to me.

• Author
Still, why is it not weird for you to go out of your way and get a hotel to see this random chick you met on a plane, but it's not weird for her to see you while she's out here to see another guy?

Sounds really hypocritical to me.

Zuh? I think there might be a misplaced "not" somewhere in there...or I'm having trouble reading again...

Are you kidding me?! I'm always the banker, so we always ballin'. Ferry them all.

making money off the misery of others.:cool:

Eternal Sunshine
Zuh? I think there might be a misplaced "not" somewhere in there...or I'm having trouble reading again...

You know what she meant :laugh:

• Author
You know what she meant :laugh:

Well, initially I assumed that the first "not" shouldn't be there...but now I'm not so sure...

But if you read both "nots," then I suppose she's right, both situations wouldn't necessarily be weird...but how would that make me hypocritical...? That I'll go hang out with her for a bit and then let her go on her date even though I'd rather have stayed home altogether and watched The Hills on Netflix...?

Eternal Sunshine
Well, initially I assumed that the first "not" shouldn't be there...but now I'm not so sure...

But if you read both "nots," then I suppose she's right, both situations wouldn't necessarily be weird...but how would that make me hypocritical...? That I'll go hang out with her for a bit and then let her go on her date even though I'd rather have stayed home altogether and watched The Hills on Netflix...?

I dunno about that. I personally liked your "Zuh?" :lmao:

Let me correct myself:

Still, why is it not weird for you to go out of your way and get a hotel to see this random chick you met on a plane, but it is weird for her to see you while she's out here to see another guy?

• Like 1
Eternal Sunshine
Let me correct myself:

Still, why is it not weird for you to go out of your way and get a hotel to see this random chick you met on a plane, but it is weird for her to see you while she's out here to see another guy?

I can understand his motivation. He is lonely and lacking social life. It doesn't matter if it's a girl, a guy or whatever.

He just wants to get out of the house....

• Author
Let me correct myself:

Because you should know that going anywhere from where I am is terribly out of the way, so whether I go alone, with friends, or with a girl I've only met once will entail an extended drive and a hotel, so there's really no weirdness in me leaving to go somewhere, whether it's LA or Vegas.

And she wanted to come out here a while ago, way before she started talking with the guy online. He lives in LA but is moving to her city very soon, so maybe the chance to meet him earlier was what finally motivated her to book the ticket. But from what she tells me, he is the second priority. Who knows, she could be feeding me a line. And honestly, if she is, that'll be great, then I don't have to worry about anything.

• Author
I can understand his motivation. He is lonely and lacking social life. It doesn't matter if it's a girl, a guy or whatever.

Ummm...thanks...? :o

:laugh:

SouthernDamsel
No matter how many warnings and prior understandings, that girl is still coming to get you. :eek:

Yeah, dude, if you like your kidneys, DO NOT let that girl into your hotel room... :eek:

(urban legend)

Although, it sounds more like she just wants to jump your bones.

• Author

Ummm...so...she just texted me saying that she and dude had a bit of a falling out and that she's not going to meet him anymore.....

Ummm...so...she just texted me saying that she and dude had a bit of a falling out and that she's not going to meet him anymore.....

Is she still flying out ?

SouthernDamsel

Is she still going to fly to Cali?