A Girl I "Friend-Zoned" is Flying to See Me This Weekend...

• Author
Is she still flying out ?

Is she still going to fly to Cali?

Yes.

-------

• Author
Did the other dude ever exist? ;)

Yea...I have absolutely no idea...I always assumed he did...I would see no reason why she'd lie about the existence of the guy... :confused:

SouthernDamsel

Whoa!! See? Carhill always sees the bigger picture. Where is she supposedly staying while she is in LA?

• Author
Whoa!! See? Carhill always sees the bigger picture. Where is she supposedly staying while she is in LA?

It had always been her plan to stay with me in my hotel room...like I said from the beginning, she was coming here to see me...even if she met the guy Saturday night, she was still planning on coming back to the hotel after her date...

I would see no reason why she'd lie about the existence of the guy... :confused:
I remember those years well, as the meat-grinder of life slowly chewed me up :D

Call her. Word up. You're the prime dude. You're gonna show her a great time. She should be excited. Adventure is always exciting.

Anything other than positive and excited is a canary choking. Since she's apparently staying with you in your room :eek:, even more so. Good luck

Edited by carhill
add more
  • Author
I remember those years well, as the meat-grinder of life slowly chewed me up :D

Call her. Word up. You're the prime dude. You're gonna show her a great time. She should be excited. Adventure is always exciting.

Anything other than positive and excited is a canary choking. Since she's apparently staying with you in your room :eek:, even more so. Good luck

Hahah, thanks. And you're right, this is just an opportunity to get out of the house and do something social. She keeps saying how excited she is to be coming out here...

SouthernDamsel
It had always been her plan to stay with me in my hotel room...like I said from the beginning, she was coming here to see me...even if she met the guy Saturday night, she was still planning on coming back to the hotel after her date...

Ok, I didn't realize that the plan was a shared room between the two of you.

Honestly, I am getting weird vibes from all of this.

Maybe I am just having "conspiracy theory" type thoughts today. But this has the makings of a "48 Hours Mystery" show all over it. But that's just me.

Be safe, you Marine cutie!!

Eternal Sunshine

:eek:

That IS just weird....No wonder she still hoping for something more.

• Like 2
  • Author
:eek:

That IS just weird....No wonder she still hoping for something more.

I honestly didn't think anything of it...was I supposed to tell her to get her own room? I kind of assumed this was acceptable given that she was coming out with the intent of hanging out with me...

StrangeBehaviors

I don't believe there is another guy. If there is, she is probably Friend-Zoning him to get to you.

Wah Bam! There's some criss-cross-switcheroo woman voodoo!

Keep your wallet close, an improvised weapon, and screw Hokie screw! :bunny::bunny::bunny:

Eternal Sunshine
I honestly didn't think anything of it...was I supposed to tell her to get her own room? I kind of assumed this was acceptable given that she was coming out with the intent of hanging out with me...

Yes, as this is an example of poor boundary setting.

In my opinion (and I am sure most people would agree):

Hanging out with a friend of opposite sex = OK

Sharing a room = :eek: mixed signals etc..

• Author
Yes, as this is an example of poor boundary setting.

In my opinion (and I am sure most people would agree):

Hanging out with a friend of opposite sex = OK

Sharing a room = :eek: mixed signals etc..

Hmmm...but this requires the assumption that men and women cannot be platonic friends like men can be with each other...and she said she was perfectly content with friendship...

StrangeBehaviors
Hmmm...but this requires the assumption that men and women cannot be platonic friends like men can be with each other...and she said she was perfectly content with friendship...

Tell the truth. Do you want to bang her?

Eternal Sunshine

1. You don't exactly have an established platonic friendship. You picked each other up at the plane or something and this will be the first time you are "meeting" after that.

2. You know that she is interested in more.

Under those circumstances it is inappropriate to share a room UNLESS you want something more to happen.

• Author
Tell the truth. Do you want to bang her?

No, I don't want to go there as it would create an awkwardness or expectation in her mind of more if it were to happen.

• Author
1. You don't exactly have an established platonic friendship. You picked each other up at the plane or something and this will be the first time you are "meeting" after that.

2. You know that she is interested in more.

Under those circumstances it is inappropriate to share a room UNLESS you want something more to happen.

She WAS interested in more. As far as I can reasonably know based on her words and actions, she's no longer interested in more.

SouthernDamsel

I agree with ES. This girl may be saying that she is content with friendship, but she is wanting to get you alone to try and work her magic. You said so yourself, she has been aggressive.

• Like 2
StrangeBehaviors
No, I don't want to go there as it would create an awkwardness or expectation in her mind of more if it were to happen.

Honestly Hokie, I can appreciate your vision into expectations and future problems.

However, I cannot relate on the sex end. When you get the opportunity to lay pipe......lay pipe. ;)

Eternal Sunshine
Honestly Hokie, I can appreciate your vision into expectations and future problems.

However, I cannot relate on the sex end. When you get the opportunity to lay pipe......lay pipe. ;)

And that's exactly what's going to happen ;)

• Like 1
  • Author

Just curious...what if the genders were switched in this situation...? Would it be more acceptable...?

StrangeBehaviors
And that's exactly what's going to happen ;)

I'm actually rooting for Hokie to get some. :)

"Go Hokie! Go Hokie! Go Hokie..."

Eternal Sunshine
Just curious...what if the genders were switched in this situation...? Would it be more acceptable...?

No, it would be exactly the same.

• Author
I'm actually rooting for Hokie to get some. :)

"Go Hokie! Go Hokie! Go Hokie..."

Hahahah. Well, it appears the goal is for us to find me someone to take home...

StrangeBehaviors
Hahahah. Well, it appears the goal is for us to find me someone to take home...

Oh, you've found someone already. Get some buddy.