Consolidated discussion - Online dating

spiderowl

I have a feeling you will be single forever. Sorry.

Overly picky women should just admit they are Asexual or simply don't like men all that much. Because if you want something you don't pick it apart so much.

Just like food. If you're starving you're not going to turn down a cheeseburger and be like: "Umm.. like.. yuck! I only eat turkey burgers. Plus this meat is over cooked and I don't like lettuce. And what kind of bun is this? Is that ketchup? Who asked for ketchup? Also, I don't like this plate its being served on. Take this away from me amateur night. God... why can't ANYONE give me a decent meal??? I'll stave to death soon I swear!"

Hahahah....

Five seconds. That's all it takes for me to know if I will sleep with a man. If I'm not physically attracted to them why torture myself? I'm wasting my time.

Would you sleep or date a woman you have zero attraction for?

Edited by Kcelleste

The thing I can't stand is when someone says they can't stand game playing/ dishonesty. The last guy that said this to me ended up being a HUGE at playing games/ dishonesty. What a joke.

• Like 2

Yeah....I agree, I can excuse the height or how they claimed to be a certain height, and wound up being shorter in person.

But what's with these??:

Longer or shorter hair

Facial hair then to none

Talk about picky.

Exhibit A on why online dating is a waste of time for guys. Even if you manage to get a date, the girl will always always always reject you if your jaw isn't at the perfect angle or your eyes are just a little too close together. Next, motherf*cker! Next!!!
Exhibit A on why online dating is a waste of time for guys. Even if you manage to get a date, the girl will always always always reject you if your jaw isn't at the perfect angle or your eyes are just a little too close together. Next, motherf*cker! Next!!!

That's not true. You haven't met every girl who uses an oline dating service, excuse me, every WOMAN who uses an online dating service, so you can't say that.

I wasn't even attracted to my online potential boyfriend when I met him in person. But I kept seeing him because I liked him. he turned out to be a creep. Every potential mate I ever met online turned out to be a creep.

I could never date a woman that I have not seen in person (at least form a distance). I would need to have physical attraction first and that can only be accomplished by asking out women I have seen in person. This could be work, school, gym, grocery store, neighborhood, etc.

Picking up photos at random in OLD must be the most awful way to get dates.

OLD is for men and women that cannot find a date in a conventional manner. By definition, men and women in OLD probably lie about everything.

OLD is just one means of getting in contact with other singles, and most of the singles I know have tried it. Some met their spouse or SO through OLD. And these are not people who couldn't find a date in any other way, and they're not people who lied about themselves. You'll find all types on OLD, and a lot of people prefer it to approaching random strangers in public who may or may not be available. At least with OLD, you know everyone on there is interested in dating someone.

• Like 1
Overly picky women should just admit they are Asexual or simply don't like men all that much. Because if you want something you don't pick it apart so much.

Does the same hold true for the men posting on the 4,893 threads about how "OMG, she was at least 10 pounds heavier than her OLD picture! And her hair was shorter! I turned around and left without even saying hello!"

OP, I wouldn't bother with Skype. I don't think you can determine physical attraction without seeing each other in person. Just meet sooner rather than later, and at places that are quick meets like coffee or a lunchtime walk.

• Like 1
Does the same hold true for the men posting on the 4,893 threads about how "OMG, she was at least 10 pounds heavier than her OLD picture! And her hair was shorter! I turned around and left without even saying hello!"

Oh please. In most of those threads the women lied drastically. However both guys and girls do this. Why do you think at 27 you should post a picture of you from your H.S Wrestling day? Who knows :rolleyes:

Oh please. In most of those threads the women lied drastically. However both guys and girls do this. Why do you think at 27 you should post a picture of you from your H.S Wrestling day? Who knows :rolleyes:

You gotta love the "Cap and gown" photos that people put on their dating profiles. LOL!

You gotta love the "Cap and gown" photos that people put on their dating profiles. LOL!

"Congrads, so when did you graduate?"

"Thanks, it was a wonderful day. A great achievment for myself"

"So when?"

"Oh, 2003"

Oh God why?

lol

That's not true. You haven't met every girl who uses an oline dating service, excuse me, every WOMAN who uses an online dating service, so you can't say that.

I wasn't even attracted to my online potential boyfriend when I met him in person. But I kept seeing him because I liked him. he turned out to be a creep. Every potential mate I ever met online turned out to be a creep.

I've been on over 50 dates from online and have been rejected every single time. Except when the girl turned out to be a 250 lb. oinker. The vast majority of girls were no better looking than me, and hardly any of them worked out.

OP, I wouldn't bother with Skype. I don't think you can determine physical attraction without seeing each other in person. Just meet sooner rather than later, and at places that are quick meets like coffee or a lunchtime walk.

Point me to those threads, because I haven't seen them. Most guys would happily take ANY girl under 40 who isn't obese.

That's because a lot of women don't need to work out to attract men. Men are fine as long as they are of decent weight. Fitness would just be a bonus to a man.

I've been on over 50 dates from online and have been rejected every single time. Except when the girl turned out to be a 250 lb. oinker. The vast majority of girls were no better looking than me, and hardly any of them worked out.
  • Like 1
DreamerDeceiver
If they don't call me back after a 1st date the message is received & it's onto the next one.

I stopped taking it personally a few yrs ago. It's just not worth the time & energy wondering why. simply because a woman will never tell you the reason why anyways & more than likely she doesn't even know the reason why.

Spot on. If any guy out there needs experience in getting rejected to toughen their skin up try online dating. It will whip you into shape real quick.

Here's one example. I hung out with a girl I met online, beginning of this year. Never heard from her again, until 2 weeks ago.

Her: "Sorry but I was going through stuff with the ex. If you don't want to talk to me I understand."

I called her up and she said she was out of town and could hang out the following week, giving me all the days she was free.

Me: "I'll just call you in a week, but what's to say you won't forget about me then?"

Her: "No.. I won't forget about you in a week... Thank you :)"

Guess what ended up happening? :laugh: It still brings me much laughter.

Point me to those threads, because I haven't seen them. Most guys would happily take ANY girl under 40 who isn't obese.

Here's the one I was thinking of:

http://www.loveshack.org/forums/romantic/dating/315282-girls-fatter-than-online-pics

There are plenty more, like this one:

http://www.loveshack.org/forums/romantic/dating/320520-above-head-photos

Granted, no one specifically say "10 pounds," but they also didn't say what they consider "heavy." I have definitely met men who think that 10-15 pounds overweight is "heavy," or who think a woman is 30-40 pounds overweight when she really is about 10 pounds overweight.

I have never seen high school pictures on an OLD site, that would be hilarious!

todreaminblue
Hahahah!! So a man has to earn the right to talk to you? Get over yourself. You're not gonna reject George Clooney over a cut and paste so get lost with that BS.

I cut and paste and it works. And NO you can't spot it. Sorry.

Hahahahaha

No actually smarty pants, a man doesn't have to earn the right to talk to me but has to actually be interested in me to talk to me and I have to read some appeal because i dont need a relationship or casual sex I am basically out to start a friendship and was going to take it from there........did i hurt your wittle feelings by saying I can spot the cut and pasters.......the thing with profile pics is.....how do you know that is really the person you are posting to.....you dont unless they have been verified..so considering i got slammed with generic first intros.......i would say they were mass produced.do you know one guy was actually two profiles..both different profile pics.....same freaking intro letter, two different names at the end.....obviously sent to me by mistake both went to me....why do you think......mass production..hitting enter before thinking...this thread contains someone saying they wanted to make a fake profile and see what response they got.it happens...how many do you think actually post fakes to get responses....or are really fugly so they use a pic of their mate or bff.....or just really lonely and insecure about the way they look.....you just dont know do you......so a profile pic might make me smile if they are smiling and their eyes have those laughter lines.... i certainly dont place all the eggs in that photo basket...you are rude ......you dont have to listen to me about cut and pasting.....keep doing it...i am sure that you are such a special boy you will leave quite an impression....upstarts always do.....doesnt mean that will be a good impression or a lasting one or make you less home brand.....good luck with your bs you special cut and paster who resorts to lazy home brand behaviour to catch a date.......:cool:...deb

todreaminblue
Why dont you post your generic message on here for us to see???

I bet i could tell its generic----women get many of them so they see ton of them so they ignore it. What probably skews your results is that you are probably appear to be more attractive than most guys so the women will take a chance on you.

He doesn't have a high regard for women in general referring to a woman as so stupid, to respond to him, rates her an 8 on his scale and calls her goofy..she very well must be pretty silly so he is correct..he doesnt have respect for women because he cant handle rejection and probably gets nasty when he does get rejected......he cant handle advice from a woman.....how in hell could he handle a date with a woman....he has no sense of humor but he likes to laugh at people....especially women.....isn't that amusing.....what a fine specimen.....dontcha just wanna give him a big squeeze.....so kewt......i am sure his results are true..deb

todreaminblue
Wow.. you take this stuff WAY too seriously. That's probably why you're single.

How about pulling the branch out of your backside and just having fun? Talk to men you think are cute and enjoy yourself. Go on some dates, meet some people. God... loosen up tightwad.

Lol ok you get to throw insults, ridicule me and spew your opinion and I am the one taking it seriously....all because i decide to answer your post and give you your crappola back......you are the one who called me out in the first place and started the ridicule.... over me saying i can spot a cut and paste......i responded.....read back over your posts to me and then try and actually comprehend what i wrote in the first post you ridiculed......i dont take dating seriously, but what i do take seriously are men or should i rephrase, boys who get their rocks off off putting women down to make themselves feel good or look good to other men......so you are the one who has a need to stop giving yourself a pat on your back and re read your own posts.....you took it to a serious place....and its getting old....dont reply to me anymore.....you have insulted me enough through all your posts....you dont know me so back off .......

I have never once lied or posted inaccurate pictures on OLD, but all of this has to make you wonder whether it's even worth it to be honest...if everyone's fibbing anyway, why not inflate your value in your profile to give yourself a fighting chance?

My photos are always current but because so many other women's are not, men assume mine aren't current either. I suppose I could buy today's issue of the New York Times and hold it up by my face.

• Like 1
I have never once lied or posted inaccurate pictures on OLD, but all of this has to make you wonder whether it's even worth it to be honest...if everyone's fibbing anyway, why not inflate your value in your profile to give yourself a fighting chance?

Yeah, it's tempting for that reason. If "everyone" is doing it, then why not me? (but, I guess it's not really everyone... just many of them)

My date the other night was 5'10", according to her profile. Those must've been "internet inches" which I think are a bit like dog years or something. She wasn't even 5'10" in her heels!

Gorgeous, though... just not tall as advertised.

Why dont you post your generic message on here for us to see???

I bet i could tell its generic----

If you're told "here's my generic message... can you tell if it's a generic message" then, yes, I bet you could, too! :p

Your response was funny. I don't think this way at all. I don't think I'm picky.

The thing I can't stand is when someone says they can't stand game playing/ dishonesty. The last guy that said this to me ended up being a HUGE at playing games/ dishonesty. What a joke.

Most people on dating sites are liars. Have to use extra caution.

Yeah....I agree, I can excuse the height or how they claimed to be a certain height, and wound up being shorter in person.

But what's with these??:

Longer or shorter hair

Facial hair then to none

Talk about picky.

If I like what I see in a picture. I expect to see it in person.

I met one guy who had a photo of long hair. I loved his look.

In person he cut it off. He looked much better with long hair.

I was turned off.

I met a guy who had a beard and low cut style on his pic online. In person he had no facial hair and a nappy fro. I hate fro's.

Look like your pic or update them. It isn't hard.

Yes, it takes five seconds.

That is why the physical presence is so important. Why don't you date people you have seen in person?

Do you go to school? Work? Gym? Dog park? etc

I go to school online. I work in a huge cubicle in a call center full of women. I work out at home. I don't have a dog. Online dating is more conveniant for me.

So you have ZERO attraction for every man you meet? Then you must be asexual.

No, I did meet a couple of guys I was attracted to. We dated but nothing came of it.

Most men online don't look like their pics. I don't like it. It's a turn off and I can't help what I feel.

Maybe I am asexual. I think women look better.