Consolidated discussion - Online dating

spiderowl

I'd probably brush it off as silliness/very forward flirting...

This would only happen if he was hot. :)

Also I should add that I did an experiment where I said I was a computer programmer and that I made $75,000 per year. I sent out 10 emails. I used the face that I use on this website. Admittedly my initial email was very lame. I think I just said Hi, how are you? And I didn't get any responses. Next time I will try to personalize the message more, but it's an experiment that takes a lot of time so it's hard for me to do.

He was being dumb because he seen the DISTANCE. What man has ever gotten laid with a line like that? I mean come on!

He was being dumb because he seen the DISTANCE. What man has ever gotten laid with a line like that? I mean come on!

But think about it...he probably wouldn't have used it unless it had worked before... :laugh:

Them's fightin' words.

Looks like we're fixin' for a good 'ol fashioned throwdown. :mad:

To them, we are just as irrational with how we select women.

Agreed, but I think men change their minds less often.

But think about it...he probably wouldn't have used it unless it had worked before... :laugh:

Ya never know! If that's the case he shoulda told her "I wann tongue punch your fart box" lol

• Like 3
Ya never know! If that's the case he shoulda told her "I wann tongue punch your fart box" lol

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

I can't believe you remembered that.

or had nice abs :bunny:

:p

But you wouldn't know that unless he had shirtless douche pics on his profile, right...? :confused:

DontWorryBHappy

A 45 year old man just messaged me simply: come live with me.

Hmmm, he's a business owner.. Probably makes a lot of cash. I should tell him to send me some and then I'll consider it :lmao:

*Sigh*

Things like this make me feel not okay.

FTD,

I'm a woman on one of those sites, so I'll give you some pointers:

1. Post photos that actually enable viewers to get a good idea of what you look like. For example, include a close-up head shot in which you are smiling and in which you're not wearing a hat or shades. Include a full body shot. Other tips for pics: Don't include anything with a bunch of other women in it, especially if you have your arm around them or you don't explain who they are (e.g., sister, mother, etc.). Don't have a beer in your hand or be in a bar in every pic unless you want to attract a party gal.

2. Be clear about what you do for a living. For example, don't say "self-employed" or "technology industry."

3. Make sure you use proper spelling and grammar.

4. Really take the time to create a profile that tells someone about what you are like and what you are looking for in a mate. Don't just throw it together. Most men's profiles contain minimal info, so you'll really stand out if you take the time to put together a quality one. I like to know what someone's hobbies are, how they spend an average day, what their highest values are, etc.

5. Ask several female friends and family members to review your profile.

Edited by Camarina
  • Like 4

Hmmm, he's a business owner.. Probably makes a lot of cash. I should tell him to send me some and then I'll consider it :lmao:

This post alone is why I wish I were a woman. :bunny::laugh:

I've had a few messages like that. Totally gross :sick:

I disabled my OLD profile weeks ago. Who knows when I'll feel like getting it back up there...probably not for awhile. Many people I see on there are...disappointing.

• Like 1
DontWorryBHappy

Ugh, I tend to put up a profile for a while, get ticked off then say "screw it" and it's deleted again. And it pretty much goes like that over and over.

• Like 2
Eternal Sunshine
:p

But you wouldn't know that unless he had shirtless douche pics on his profile, right...? :confused:

I have nothing against shirtless douche pics :cool:

I'd love a reply back like that from some cute women. I'd tell to put the kettle on, I'll be there before the tea's cold. Then its turbines to speed.

:confused: 'The hell did I just walk into in this thread?