Above the head photos

There was this one woman I had been corresponding with online, seemed pretty nice, but most of her pictures were "above the head" shots (pictures taken from above)

Other pictures her standing sideways, I just assumed she was of decent weight proportions, but later on I was able to see her FB pics of her at the beach, and she was quite bigger than I had guessed her to be.

We still talk, just seeing where it goes, but after seeing what I'd saw, I'd only consider her more of a friend, and not someone I could find myself getting physical with.

Anyhow, ever come across people who tend to deliberately hide their weight in their photos, even though they have plenty of photos?

It happens. A girl I know has only above the head photos and wierd angle photos which don't really give away any idea what her body is like, I thought she was slim or whatever, turned out she is actually nearly obese (atleast by my standards). Those photos can be tricky!

• Author
It happens. A girl I know has only above the head photos and wierd angle photos which don't really give away any idea what her body is like, I thought she was slim or whatever, turned out she is actually nearly obese (atleast by my standards). Those photos can be tricky!

Right, I talked to her on the phone, had great conversations, she's actually open to just networking for friends, since she's moving to the area, and doesn't know anyone.

She says if she gets together with someone, if it doesn't turn into a romance, then fine....it's good to have friends that she can network with. Basically, sounds like she's wanting to start a social circle, she likes hosting house parties at her own place, guess she's using a dating site to do so I suppose.

But yeah, I saw a couple of straight on photos of her, and I was like "Umm...hmmm". I was really trying to give those other pics the benefit of the doubt....but she was bigger than I had thought. She dresses nice, but.....I just couldn't bring myself to think she wasn't heftier than I thought.

That's why I have straight on photos, I'm 5'8", between 165-170 (have been the past 10 + years). SHe says women tend to fluctuate MORE so in their appearances, and tend to update their pics more frequently on dating sites.

Anyhow, ever come across people who tend to deliberately hide their weight in their photos, even though they have plenty of photos?

Yes. Well, I can't tell if there is a "deliberate" motive to be deceptive just by looking at the photos or if they just naturally choose the photos that are the best ones (just as anyone would).

Well, people who post deceptive photos of themselves have to reap the consequences when meeting in person.

It depends, I know some pretty nice looking women who if you were to go by Facebook they are hiding something, since there's mostly headshots. In reality, they just post the pictures they like and aren't "bathroom models" or whatever. Now a dating site is totally different, all headshots is usually bad news.

All women look heavier in a swim suit! Is she actually overweight, or are those beach pictures just unflattering because they reveal her thighs?

Yeah the fat girl angle shots really bother me.

Why? Not because the girls is fat so much that she is trying to be something she is not and being deceptive about it. Hell my Fiancee is on the plus size but I love her to death for who she is. And she has no problem letting it all hang out LOL. That's one of the things I love about her. She is comfortable in her own skin and we are comfortable with each other.

Why play camera games? Sadly I know somebody that does this on her FB profile. Makes me LOL every time she takes one of those shots.

Sure, most people like to put their most attractive 'foot' forward.

Sith Apprentice

The upward angle shot is a commonly used camera trick that has a slimming effect on the person being photographed.

Here are some good tips to help you weed out these sneaky women.

1. How to Avoid Fatties on online dating sites Fatties on online dating sites - YouTube

2. Fake hot chicks online Fake Hot Chicks | Plentyoffish.com - YouTube

I know of slim women in their thirties and forties, who take their photos in this way. It isn't just something concerning weight - with one woman, you can easily see her figure.

Negative Nancy
There was this one woman I had been corresponding with online, seemed pretty nice, but most of her pictures were "above the head" shots (pictures taken from above)

Other pictures her standing sideways, I just assumed she was of decent weight proportions, but later on I was able to see her FB pics of her at the beach, and she was quite bigger than I had guessed her to be.

We still talk, just seeing where it goes, but after seeing what I'd saw, I'd only consider her more of a friend, and not someone I could find myself getting physical with.

did she have duckface pics too?