What is your ideal physical type? (with pics)

Eternal Sunshine

udolipixie
I was mainly asking about when I was young, early 20's, and how I would not have been where girls expected me to be.

Egh it's answered in the last sentence emotional maturity far less than your age and failure to fulfill the typical expectations along with having far less experience than was generally expected for a guy in his 20s.

Objectively do you feel you had the emotional maturity expected of you in your 20s, fulfilled the typical expectations, and had experience with and understanding of gals on the same level as the majority of your male peers?

To me the likelihood of the possibility of you not being where gals expected being correct would be stagnancy. If you had no to little growth and change from one stage to the next and your now and then is the same or similiar aka socializing with guys & gals, understanding of gals, experience with gals.

somedude81
Egh it's answered in the last sentence emotional maturity far less than your age and failure to fulfill the typical expectations along with having far less experience than was generally expected for a guy in his 20s.

Objectively do you feel you had the emotional maturity expected of you in your 20s, fulfilled the typical expectations, and had experience with and understanding of gals on the same level as the majority of your male peers?

To me the likelihood of the possibility of you not being where gals expected being correct would be stagnancy. If you had no to little growth and change from one stage to the next and your now and then is the same or similiar aka socializing with guys & gals, understanding of gals, experience with gals.

Except for the fact that I've never had a girlfriend, yes.

I'd say that my ability to understand women and experience with them, is roughly equal to a 16 year old. So even when I was 20, I was already behind what was expected of a guy my age in that area.

Of course, I can't say that because I didn't get a girlfriend when I was a teenager, that it's hopeless now and I might as well give up.

udolipixie
Except for the fact that I've never had a girlfriend, yes.

I'd say that my ability to understand women and experience with them, is roughly equal to a 16 year old. So even when I was 20, I was already behind what was expected of a guy my age in that area.

Of course, I can't say that because I didn't get a girlfriend when I was a teenager, that it's hopeless now and I might as well give up.

Exactly how it is a 'yes' if your ability to understand gals and experience with gals was and still is roughly equal to a 16 year old?

I could get how it's a 'yes' if you think the majority of your male peers in their 20s had the understanding of and experience with gals like a 16 year old though you state but you state you were behind what was expected of a guy your age in that area.

somedude81
Exactly how it is a 'yes' if your ability to understand gals and experience with gals was and still is roughly equal to a 16 year old?

I could get how it's a 'yes' if you think the majority of your male peers in their 20s had the understanding of and experience with gals like a 16 year old though you state but you state you were behind what was expected of a guy your age in that area.

I meant a yes to everything that had nothing to do with girls. In the earlier post you said you knew a guy who when he was 20 had the emotional maturity of a 12 year old, I was assuming you were talking about more than just women.

If I misunderstood you question, then the answer is no.

udolipixie
I meant a yes to everything that had nothing to do with girls. In the earlier post you said you knew a guy who when he was 20 had the emotional maturity of a 12 year old, I was assuming you were talking about more than just women.

If I misunderstood you question, then the answer is no.

Okay I understand it's a 'yes' as you feel you had the emotional maturity expected of you in your 20s and fulfilled the typical expectations thus 2/3 equates yes in general.

Seems to you are likely one of the guys who is constantly playing catch up particulary with the stagnancy in understanding of and experience with gals and the now not fulfilling typical expectations at your age.

Please consider making at least some male friends, SD. It really helps in all the abovementioned aspects.

• Like 1
ThaWholigan

The posts are now arguing semantics, really what we should be discussing are the routes of improvement and a shift in mentality. Even if it's as fruitless as this current discussion, it's again a start.

I know we've been down this road, but still. The suggestions are already there, and they have to be considered and actually carried out.

• Like 1
The posts are now arguing semantics, really what we should be discussing are the routes of improvement and a shift in mentality. Even if it's as fruitless as this current discussion, it's again a start.

I know we've been down this road, but still. The suggestions are already there, and they have to be considered and actually carried out.

Yep. I know I and some other posters often come across as harsh, but I think there is good intent in many of the posts. :o

ThaWholigan
Yep. I know I and some other posters often come across as harsh, but I think there is good intent in many of the posts. :o

Yes, I think so too. But it's a mentality problem IMO, in that any suggestion will be swept aside if it doesn't fit into the world view of the person. Annoying really.

• Like 1
kiss_andmakeup

Ignoring all the off-shoot bickering...

Man, is it difficult to find a picture on Google Images of a guy who is slim and fit but who doesn't have a six-pack! I guess this is close-ish...can't tell if he has a belly or if it's just the way he's sitting (either way he's attractive):

http://us.123rf.com/400wm/400/400/nickp37/nickp371103/nickp37110300149/9189601-shirtless-man-in-jeans.jpg

I like men who are in shape but I really don't like 6-packs and never have.

As far as non-body features go (face, hair, etc.) I'm very eclectic in my tastes. I'm attracted to nice eyes and a nice smile of course, but I've found men of all hair colours/textures, eye colours, and skin tones attractive.

I don't think I really have a "type." My boyfriends over the years have had vastly different body types and features and I've been attracted to all of them.

• Like 1
Yes, I think so too. But it's a mentality problem IMO, in that any suggestion will be swept aside if it doesn't fit into the world view of the person. Annoying really.

egads, you mean ppl are afraid of having their version of reality challenged ...

On a serious note, would be cool if ppl came with a reset button.

• Like 1
That's because you haven't met me.

Seriously though, it's my depression thanks to a rough childhood, plus having no luck with girls whatsoever, and throw in me being short for good measure, just to make sure I have no chance in hell.

Celebrities are exempt.

Why do we have to meet? Just because I'm attracted to a few shorter men doesn't mean I will be attracted to all. Sorry, but personality is a huge deal for me. Judging by your posts I probably couldn't be around you long enough. That is, if you complain in real life about your height, etc.?

Rough childhood? Well, lots of people have had rough childhoods. I didn't have a terrible childhood but it was pretty bad for a few years. I did experience forms of abuse, not by family but by adults I knew. Luckily for me, I don't dwell on the past. You shouldn't either. :)

Celebrities are exempt? As if he's not a person? Take away the money and fame and you still get a short man w/ a heart and feelings just like everyone else.

egads, you mean ppl are afraid of having their version of reality challenged ...

On a serious note, would be cool if ppl came with a reset button.

And take away everything I've learned from life's lessons?

I only read the first and last pages...did this one turn into an SD thread...? :confused:

FrustratedStandards
What's the drama about, he's just making excuses.

Being short certainly didn't stop Danny DeVito, what's stopping him ?

Danny DeVito's height didn't stop him from fame because it's his shortness that makes him goofy and funny. That's why he always plays these comedic roles where his height serves as a joke. I haven't seen him play in a romantic comedy...

Mme. Chaucer
I only read the first and last pages...did this one turn into an SD thread...? :confused:

yes, indeedy.

yes, indeedy.

Ah, of course. Well as a late arrival to the party, I'd have to say smallish boobs on a girl.

That's it.

Danny DeVito's height didn't stop him from fame because it's his shortness that makes him goofy and funny. That's why he always plays these comedic roles where his height serves as a joke. I haven't seen him play in a romantic comedy...

Other ppl's money, his character tried to seduce the daughter of the company's owner.

I was referencing his RL persona, not his comedic persona.

Beeing short didn't stop him from having the confidence to become a star.

He turned it around, claimed it as his own and i can guarantee that when he was young he felt inadequate because of his size.

6ft180natl

002s05zFcI7.png

5I95L65G33L43md3Ffc446397ab71106713ca.jpg

5Lb5I75J43M13J63H6c44848fc66f51051e37.jpg

004V0553tRk.jpg

5L45Ie5G73kc3M83Hec44a179323e0a511a3e.jpg

P0010_041312ed.jpg

These are some physical ideals for me.

I think I like shapely women the most.

Edited by 6ft180natl
  • Like 1
002s05zFcI7.png

5I95L65G33L43md3Ffc446397ab71106713ca.jpg

5Lb5I75J43M13J63H6c44848fc66f51051e37.jpg

004V0553tRk.jpg

5L45Ie5G73kc3M83Hec44a179323e0a511a3e.jpg

P0010_041312ed.jpg

These are some physical ideals for me.

I think I like shapely women the most.

I noticed the last picture is a guy.

I noticed the last picture is a guy.

Shhhh. He'll come out of the closet when he's good and ready. Don't prod him. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

• Like 1