What is your ideal physical type? (with pics)

Eternal Sunshine

udolipixie
Of course I know that. I was pointing out that nobodies ideal is a short guy. Just as nobodies ideal is an obese woman.

It's a pretty common belief that short men are as attractive as obese women. We're both considered below average after all.

Neither are the ideal for anyone on this thread as I've read thus far.

In my experience the common belief is that short guys are as attractive as old gals and by statistics in my country, America, overweight/obese is the average.

At first I thought the purpose of your statement was a logical leap taking statements about ideals and automatically equating 2 unmentioned factors to mean they are considered equally attractive however it seems more like a woe is me pity party starter....?...

• Author
Eternal Sunshine

SD,

The strongest physical attraction I have felt in my life was to a guy that is 5'8".. It was just chemistry. He would in no way fit what I describe as my ideal.

somedude81
Neither are the ideal for anyone on this thread as I've read thus far.

In my experience the common belief is that short guys are as attractive as old gals

I've never heard that comparison.

At first I thought the purpose of your statement was a logical leap taking statements about ideals and automatically equating 2 unmentioned factors to mean they are considered equally attractive however it seems more like a woe is me pity party starter....?...

Kind of both actually.

I've had a few women tell me in other threads that they preferred short men, but looking in this thread, not a single woman said a short man was her ideal.

I added the comment about obese women because if I didn't somebody else would have.

SD,

The strongest physical attraction I have felt in my life was to a guy that is 5'8".. It was just chemistry. He would in no way fit what I describe as my ideal.

I wouldn't call 5'8 short.

udolipixie
I've never heard that comparison.

Kind of both actually.

I've had a few women tell me in other threads that they preferred short men, but looking in this thread, not a single woman said a short man was her ideal.

As I said in my experience.

So a mix of a logical leap and a pity party starter. :lmao:

Again preferring something doesn't mean that it's your top preference or your ideal such as a blonde being a guys ideal however he prefers brunettes over redheads.

• Like 1
  • Author
Eternal Sunshine
Average guys here are around 5' 4 or less. It's all relative.

Average height where I live is 5'9" for a man.

I would see no issue dating guys shorter than that if I myself wasn't 5'8"-5'9"

I've got a thing for hair. The thicker and longer the better. Must be down to the shoulders at least. Brunette > Black > Redhead > Blonde.

If Jennifer Aniston dyed her hair darker she might be my dream girl. Physically at least.

http://www.exposay.com/celebrity-photos/jennifer-aniston-marleyme-los-angeles-0UeSMz.jpg

A few other favorites....

Olivia Wilde

http://www.celebs101.com/gallery/Olivia_Wilde/236292/Olivia_Wilde_Picture.jpg

Salma Hayek

http://img.celebies.com/img/p/1074/large/SalmaHayek_163.JPG

Roz from Frasier

http://www.frasierx.net/images/season2/An%20Affair%20to%20Forget.jpg

I saw a poster the other day complaining about a friends husband not being happy with his wife chopping off all her hair. That's like gaining 200 hundred pounds to some guys though.

FrustratedStandards
Just to point it out, nobody has said short guys ;)

And yes I'm aware that nobody said obese women either.

It's good to know that because of my "God given" height I'm as attractive as she is.

How tall are you?

somedude81
As I said in my experience.

So a mix of a logical leap and a pity party starter. :lmao:

Again preferring something doesn't mean that it's your top preference or your ideal such as a blonde being a guys ideal however he prefers brunettes over redheads.

Yeah I know there is a difference between preferences and ideal. But it really matters how it is worded.

I can say, that I prefer women to have at least a C cup but D-G is ideal.

But when somebody says that they prefer short guys, it wouldn't make any sense to say that a tall guy is their ideal. It's basically going against their preferences.

Average height where I live is 5'9" for a man.

Then why did you even bring it up in the first place if? What's the point in saying "The strongest physical attraction I have felt in my life was to a guy that is 5'8" if it's only one inch shorter than average?

You basically just proved my point.

How tall are you?

5'9 in 3 inch heels.

• Author
Eternal Sunshine

I think Jennifer Aniston would look great as a brunette. Her skin is olive and her eyes are light. Not sure why she never goes darker.

udolipixie

Yeah I know there is a difference between preferences and ideal. But it really matters how it is worded.

I can say, that I prefer women to have at least a C cup but D-G is ideal.

But when somebody says that they prefer short guys, it wouldn't make any sense to say that a tall guy is their ideal. It's basically going against their preferences.

Seems to me what may matter is not making assumptions that the person's preference is their ideal.

Bit illogical if you can say you prefer gals C cup gals but D-G is ideal however gals can't say the prefer short guys but tall guys are their ideal.

To me the statements are essentially the same. Do you consider it going against your preferences to say you prefer C cup gals then say or while saying D-G is your ideal?

somedude81
Seems to me what may matter is not making assumptions that the person's preference is their ideal.

Bit illogical if you can say you prefer gals C cup gals but D-G is ideal however gals can't say the prefer short guys but tall guys are their ideal.

To me the statements are essentially the same. Do you consider it going against your preferences to say you prefer C cup gals then say or while saying D-G is your ideal?

But see, I didn't say I prefer a C cup. I said at least a C. And D-G is counts as at least a C. You get that right?

Saying that somebody prefers short men, but tall is their ideal, would be the same thing as me saying that I prefer small breasts and having D as my ideal. Those statements contradict. What would work is somebody saying that they prefer short men and her ideal is 5' 5 guys.

• Author
Eternal Sunshine

What's your build like? Would you say that you have a small frame in general?

udolipixie
But see, I didn't say I prefer a C cup. I said at least a C. And D-G is counts as at least a C. You get that right?

Saying that somebody prefers short men, but tall is their ideal, would be the same thing as me saying that I prefer small breasts and having D as my ideal. Those statements contradict. What would work is somebody saying that they prefer short men and her ideal is 5' 5 guys.

To me that's having a C cup as a preference unless to you a C is the same as a A and B and there's no different desire or affinity for any of them to you. You want a least a C so you have a preference for C cups over A/B and your ideal is D-G.

Do you consider it a contradiction to prefer a C over A/B but your ideal is bigger? That's essentially the same dictohomy to the cup/height to me having a preference less than what is the ideal.

Seems you're working on the assumption that prefering something means it's your ideal or comparing your preference which seems to be a minimal requirement preference to their general preference.

Perhaps we have different views as to many attraction isn't mutually exclusive as I know many guys who prefer small breasts as they're perky but their ideal are large breasts that are perky and guys who prefer curvy gals due to the hips but their ideal is a thin gal.

Edited by udolipixie

What's the drama about, he's just making excuses.

Being short certainly didn't stop Danny DeVito, what's stopping him ?

somedude81
What's your build like? Would you say that you have a small frame in general?

I'm not really sure. I guess medium with a decent amount of muscle and more fat than I'd like.

To me that's having a C cup as a preference unless to you a C is the same as a A and B and there's no different desire or affinity for any of them to you. You want a least a C so you have a preference for C cups over A/B and your ideal is D-G.

Do you consider it a contradiction to prefer a C over A/B but your ideal is bigger? That's essentially the same dictohomy to the cup/height to me having a preference less than what is the ideal.

Seems you're working on the assumption that prefering something means it's your ideal or comparing your preference which seems to be a minimal requirement preference to their general preference.

Perhaps we have different views as to many attraction isn't mutually exclusive as I know many guys who prefer small breasts as they're perky but their ideal are large breasts that are perky and guys who prefer curvy gals due to the hips but their ideal is a thin gal.

Way too many words.

I'll leave it with this, ones ideal should be able to fit into their preferences or else they can be contradictory. It also has a risk of just not making sense. Like if somebody asked me what type of girls I like, and I say that I prefer nerdy girls but my ideal girl hates video games and likes sports. Whoever heard that is going to think I'm an idiot.

I can't think of any other way to explain it.

What's the drama about, he's just making excuses.

Being short certainly didn't stop Danny DeVito, what's stopping him ?

Not having millions of dollars or being a celebrity.

udolipixie

I'll leave it with this, ones ideal should be able to fit into their preferences or else they can be contradictory.

It also has a risk of just not making sense. Like if somebody asked me what type of girls I like, and I say that I prefer nerdy girls but my ideal girl hates video games and likes sports. Whoever heard that is going to think I'm an idiot.

Seems we differ as I find preference and ideal to be different things so it's not contradictory to have different standards for them. It risks not making sense to those that think your preferences are your guideline limitations.

It makes sense to me nor is it contradictory that some guys prefer gals who have sex quickly while their ideal gal is one who will take it slow as preferences/ideal are different.

Though offnote being nerdy doesn't automatically mean you dislike sports or love video games.

Not having millions of dollars or being a celebrity.

Yet another lame excuse, he was not born with millions of dollars and he was not born a celebrity.

What is stopping you ?

• Like 1
WhiteChocolate

I would prefer not to post pics of my ideals since they are guys I know irl and I don't have their permission to post their pics. :laugh:

But I like guys that have some muscle, but not muscular (super defined muscle is kinda gross...) Preferably taller than me (I'm 5'4'') up to around 6 foot. I don't like guys taller than 6 foot. Beautiful easygoing smile, kind eyes, and that's about it for my physical ideal. :love:

It's good to know that because of my "God given" height I'm as attractive as she is.

Johnny Depp is 5 ft 10 in

Sean Penn is 5 ft 8 in

Alessandro Del Piero is 5 ft 8 in

Tom Cruise is 5 ft 7 in

Brad Pitt is 5 ft 11 in

David Beckham is 5 ft 11 in

All these men are average in height. Tom Cruise, Del Piero and Sean Penn are even rather short. I'm 5 ft 10 in myself and all around me I notice taller men. In my country I'm slightly below average. I'd say I'm very athletic and I walk tall and women still seem to notice me. If height was truly the only defining factor, I'd be one of the lesser attractive men around. This will probably sound arrogant, but I really doubt that's the case. These movie stars and soccer players are considered attractive and they're, at best, average in height..

• Author
Eternal Sunshine

If I was shorter, I would have no preference for tall guys. Just taller than me. It makes me feel more feminine.

If I was shorter, I would have no preference for tall guys. Just taller than me. It makes me feel more feminine.

I can understand that. Personally I wouldn't like to date a woman taller than me. I'm not even attracted to them. That could be construed as very superficial and in no doubt is, but it's just what I'm attracted to.

Did you notice that the woman in your pic is wearing a wedding band?

• Like 5
  • Author
Eternal Sunshine

Not strictly physical but I always found Heath Ledger incredibly alluring. His looks, his talent, his personality (at least from what I have seen in the interviews). I was pretty devastated when he died :(

It's a pretty common belief that short men are as attractive as obese women. We're both considered below average after all.

You are obsessed with both short men and obese women. The only one connecting the two is you.

If you were short, but had a lot of other strong positives going for you, you could attract a desirable woman. Clearly, not all the short guys who have fit wives are celebrities or millionaires, but they've got something going for them.

• Like 2