My journal on trying to improve my life

I guess I could try working out again, but I don't know how much that will improve my life.

immensly. whats even better would be to renovate some part of your house or something that involves hard strenous work that will feel rewarding weeks later when its done. then you get a serious workout as well as the pride of having done something useful and appreciated. maybe start going out of your way to help other people like the family thats been supporting you. once you start doing things for others your life will improve a lot. this poor me attitude is kinda selfish and thats one of the reasons you think your worthless.

• Like 1
  • Author

Went to a voluntary centre today to see what was available (my therapist suggested this to me), a girl handed me a leaflet and was talking to me, but it felt awkward and I'm worried that I came across as awkward.

Went to a voluntary centre today to see what was available (my therapist suggested this to me), a girl handed me a leaflet and was talking to me, but it felt awkward and I'm worried that I came across as awkward.

I think a lot of that awkwardness just exists in your mind because you are so obsessed about it. And even if you were a bit awkward, who cares?? I have been awkward many times to the point of messing up job interviews or social situations. Life goes on. Just keep moving forward. No one is going to move you forward, so you just have to keep going.

So, what voluntary options were there?

• Author

I've never been able to do any of the suggestions that people on here or that my therapist have gave me because I just found it pretty much impossible.

In fact my therapist suggested to me to go into the voluntary centre a couple of months ago, but I just couldn't do it.

Finally somehow I managed to do it yesterday. I'm really happy that I did it, and I know my therapist and my close friend will say 'well done' and be pleased for me, since I had been stuck and wasn't able to move forwards/make any kind of progress for a very long time, that's not to say that they never try pushing me, they do, but just not in a rude or harsh way. It's very encouraging and supportive to have people congratulate you on the small steps/accomplishments that you're making, instead of glossing over them as though they don't matter and only complaining all the time about what you're not doing.

It'll probably be good for me to not bother posting in this topic again, or posting about any of my personal issues/triumphs on this site again, period.

Sorry to the people who were getting something from this topic/found that it was helping them.

Edited by Ross MwcFan