Consolidated Discussion - Older/younger woman/man and age gap dating

When I was in my late 30's, I had a LTR with a lady in her mid-40's. IIRC, she was seven years older and a grandmother. No issues. Positive memories. Looking back, she probably was the one I should have married. Main negative was, as she put it, her time had passed for children and I wanted to have children of my own.

CryForNoOne

Just curious what others think about my age situation. I'm 41 but look 25. IRL I actually have a much easier time meeting women in their 20s than 30s, because people make assumptions about my age. So when I started OLD I listed my true age and rarely got replies from the age range I'm used to dating (mid 20's -early 30's). So I changed my age to 31, and get many more replies now. I either disclose my age when we message or one first date at absolute latest. They always seem fine with it but I don't know that for sure. Is that really wrong to do?

Is age just a number? I have good genes and treat my body like a shrine (other than I drink a bit much) so many 20-somethings can't keep up with me. My last LTR was with a woman 5 years older than me so I'm definitely not just chasing young girls. But a very big reason our relationship ended is she become very much a homebody over time. She never wanted to stay out past 11PM and I kinda gave up snowboarding and some other sports because she felt she was too old go any longer...

CryForNoOne

Yes but again I've disclosed to every one I messaged before we met. The only one I did not was one who asked me out. She actually asked me what Chinese zodiac sign I was before we met and I told her. I was pretty certain she was going to figure out something was wrong but she didn't. So in the natural course of conversation I revealed to her and explained why and she said it made sense. We had a second date and probably will have a third.

Alma Mobley
Yes but again I've disclosed to every one I messaged before we met. The only one I did not was one who asked me out. She actually asked me what Chinese zodiac sign I was before we met and I told her. I was pretty certain she was going to figure out something was wrong but she didn't. So in the natural course of conversation I revealed to her and explained why and she said it made sense. We had a second date and probably will have a third.

I would not date you based on the lie, even if you messaged me about why you lied. Experience has told me that, well, liars lie, and will always lie to protect themselves. Red flag.

• Like 1
CryForNoOne

So if a woman answers on OKC that she would not sleep with someone after 1-2 dates because she does not want to attract creeps, but in fact would, does that make her a liar too? My first online date she said she smoked weed, and took mollies / ecstasy on a semi-regular basis. I said that's not what you said on your profile? She said she didn't want to attract druggies and stoners... Is she a liar too? If so I think 90% of people on OKC lie...

• 2 months later...

I think the much older man/younger woman dynamic is gross.

Then again I'm 25. I'm neither an older man nor a younger girl

• Like 1

I've met him. The reason he is with much younger women is because they want his money and to be photo'd on the red carpet. Women his age or even twenty years younger want nothing to do with him. He is an obnoxious jerk.

I've met him. The reason he is with much younger women is because they want his money and to be photo'd on the red carpet. Women his age or even twenty years younger want nothing to do with him. He is an obnoxious jerk.

That's cool that you met him! I happen to be a big fan of his, he's a great actor. I'm surprised he hasn't gotten more leading roles. I'm disappointed to hear he's a jerk. I find the age gap absoloutely disgusting btw.

HoneyBadgerDontCare

That's extremely unlikely. He's rich and famous. I'm sure he has more than enough women his age and younger that would date him.

Why does he date a 20 year old? Because he can.

• Like 1

I have a couple of much older male friends I go to the movies with or have coffee with occasionally... and that is it.

Not sure why people assume men in those situations are getting laid.

• Like 2

I can't imagine a 20 yo and a 66 yo would have much in common but I am not in the relationship so who am I to know. I personally like older men, but at 26 I can't imagine being with a man who is 70+ even sexually.

• Like 1
ThaWholigan

James f*cking Woods lol

That is kinda gross :laugh:. Chances are, he's not hitting it though - mind you, you never know :p.

James f*cking Woods lol

That is kinda gross :laugh:. Chances are, he's not hitting it though - mind you, you never know :p.

Is there any doubt? Why would he have a "girlfriend" he wasn't sleeping with?

Hefner bangs some of the bunnies too.

You don't see young lads lining up to screw Martha Stewart or Oprah.

Just sayin'. #KanyeShrug

Is there any doubt? Why would he have a "girlfriend" he wasn't sleeping with?

Hefner bangs some of the bunnies too.

You don't see young lads lining up to screw Martha Stewart or Oprah.

Just sayin'. #KanyeShrug

Because the women aren't going after them either. I have no doubt they both could get young men wanting to **** them if they offered them money and other benefits.

A little too much for me but they are consenting adults so to each their own. If they are both okay with it and nobody is being forced who cares?

• Like 1
Because he's famous (and presumably rich as well). However I wouldn't say they're too far off in that assumption. You may very well have older male friends who are friends and friends only, but then your average guy would be more likely to expect or accept that than a wealthy celebrity. It's also far more likely a certain type of woman wouldn't scruple to have sex with him if the arrangement was or appeared to be mutually beneficial. Is he screwing these women? Only they know for sure but there's a good chance he is.

The much older men I'm talking about in my life are influential and wealthy too.

I guess my company is enough for them. *shrug*

While I don't like to judge, I think that this combination would be challenging because they are both in very different developmental stages of life. There is common ground since they are both in Hollywood. But....hmmm. Just seems harder than dating someone a little closer in age. Might be more difficult to relate.

I saw a couple that mismatched one time while in the eating disorder unit visiting room. It's even creepier in person. :sick: At first I thought he was her grandfather until he started rubbing her leg.

Hefner's wife admitted they don't have sex so I wouldn't be surprised if it's all just for the image in this case too.