My mother slapped me and I'm pissed

KaReNine

How am I being naive? we have human rights agreements today that did not exist centuries ago. We also seek to stamp out genocides. Human beings are cruel, so what? this doesn't mean we don't take steps to stop atrocities. It is naive to presume we don't.

Jeez is an interjection...

the fact that you are still asking how you are being naive speaks volumes...

source my first statement it's from the Godfather, that will explain everything, the fact that I am still explaining stuff to you is... what it is...

Have a good life...

ilikesunita
Jeez is an interjection...

the fact that you are still asking how you are being naive speaks volumes...

But not standard English, hence not displaying top notch command of English.

source my first statement it's from the Godfather, that will explain everything, the fact that I am still explaining stuff to you is... what it is...

Have a good life...

No, you posted in reference to me, and I had no clue what you were referring, nor do you know seemingly have the balls to tell me. I don't carer, I only post in this thread to laugh at the OP, and to tell her how she holds little right to be pissed. People who cannot read normal human interaction are a sight to behold.

ilikesunita

OP, you're a baby. perhaps you need to learn how to get on with others.

Some rules in this regard are below:

- Respect others' positions/needs - who are you to say that your mom had no right to be angry?

- Respect others' actions and understand them - you swore at your mother, she got angry, she hit you. This is normal, since we sometimes act in the heat of the moment. It's how human beings are, get over it.

- Understand how your actions impact on others - she saw you drunk and in a stupor. which parent would not be angry?

- Has she been abusive before? if so, then leave. If not, then suck it up.

She's long since sorted it out with her mother. It's only Loveshack that's still struggling with unresolved issues about their dispute.

No, you posted in reference to me, and I had no clue what you were referring, nor do you know seemingly have the balls to tell me. I don't carer, I only post in this thread to laugh at the OP, and to tell her how she holds little right to be pissed. People who cannot read normal human interaction are a sight to behold.

Michael Corleone: My father is no different than any powerful

man, any man with power, like a president or senator.

Kay Adams: Do you know how naive you sound, Michael? Presidents and senators don’t have men killed.

Michael Corleone: Who’s being naive, Kay?

She did explain it to you, and it doesn't take balls. It's from The Godfather.

ilikesunita

Michael Corleone: My father is no different than any powerful

man, any man with power, like a president or senator.

Kay Adams: Do you know how naive you sound, Michael? Presidents and senators don’t have men killed.

Michael Corleone: Who’s being naive, Kay?

She did explain it to you, and it doesn't take balls. It's from The Godfather.

I've had a vision. Within it, four pertinent words were highlighted - I do not care.

I've had a vision. Within it, four pertinent words were highlighted - I do not care.

So stop wasting bandwidth.

Who are you to say that another poster's posts are illogical or incomprehensible? I believe the duty of monitoring other posters belongs to the mods. If you don't like what she says, ignore it, rather than wasting space on KaReN's thread by making cute remarks that, frankly, do not make your case.

KaReN, sorry for the t/j.

ilikesunita
Who are you to say that another poster's posts are illogical or incomprehensible? I believe the duty of monitoring other posters belongs to the mods. If you don't like what she says, ignore it, rather than wasting space on KaReN's thread by making cute remarks that, frankly, do not make your case.

KaReN, sorry for the t/j.

lol... I'm only stating my opinion. Plenty of other people here say "get over it" in many threads, why can't I?

Because you are purposely being catty, and bestowing a 'judgment' against another poster, and the rules, if I have them right, are to express an opinion without insulting another poster. So that, you know, you say something that helps the OP.

ilikesunita
Because you are purposely being catty, and bestowing a 'judgment' against another poster, and the rules, if I have them right, are to express an opinion without insulting another poster. So that, you know, you say something that helps the OP.

meh, so much for speaking one's mind lmao...

• 2 years later...
  • Author
With the exception in sports, we're close in GPA though he beats me by 5 points (mine is 4.43). Hopefully I'll get to make it to either Valedictorian or Salutatorian upon my graduation in 2013.
I just came back and noticed these posts. Sorry, was gone for a long while.

I graduated with a 4.37 GPA and my unweighted one was 3.52.

I'm having another issue with my mother at this point and don't want to speak to her. Nothing to do with this long ago incidence but what she's doing in my relationship and she's been freaking out more ever since I lost my virginity not too long ago to my bf.

• Author

It really sucks. We were doing ok after and now it's back to zero again. I don't want to speak with her unless she apologizes to my bf for gossiping bad things about him to others. If I don't like someone then I keep that to myself and might tell the indicated person but at least I don't comment nor tell others about it.

I hate the way she's acting and so not on speaking terms.

At least I lost it to my bf and not some random guy on the streets. She doesn't get that either.

Edited by KaReNine
  • Author
You should be old enough at this point to just distance yourself from her, I would think.
Yeah I'm going to be moving out pretty soon sometime this month and live at my campus dorm with my friends.

Awesome! My DD22 went away for college, while almost none of her friends did. She keeps commenting how they all still act like teenagers, cos they never left and learned to live on their own, like a real adult. It will be lifechanging for you.

• Like 1
Awesome! My DD22 went away for college, while almost none of her friends did. She keeps commenting how they all still act like teenagers, cos they never left and learned to live on their own, like a real adult. It will be lifechanging for you.

I agree with this. Moving out at age 21 was one of the best things I ever did.

I learned survival skills and how to live on a small budget. It was hard but that time period living on my own was very healthy for my emotional development and self esteem. This is why I think it is important for people to live independently before they get married.

• 8 months later...
  • Author
I agree with this. Moving out at age 21 was one of the best things I ever did.

I learned survival skills and how to live on a small budget. It was hard but that time period living on my own was very healthy for my emotional development and self esteem. This is why I think it is important for people to live independently before they get married.

I'm now living at my campus with my friend. Though now the update is I broke up last month and it's like I'm liking this single lifestyle and partying sometimes. Strangely, I don't feel affected by the break-up.

We are now on speaking terms and at times stop by for a visit. Though she was relief to hear I broke up, she thinks it's because she was right. Nope, I broke it off because well I felt like it.

Thanks for the update. Glad things are progressing. Enjoy college life! Just not too much, lol.

• Like 1