Is it over?

• Author

Just got a text...

"The reason why I was asking about Friday was if u were taking the day off I thought u might like the kids earlier because you've not seen them for a month"

Damage limitation from her. The question she asked was if the meeting was going ahead, not if you have taken the day off you can have the kids earlier.

Edited by jaymz
  • Author

My solicitor got a fax from her solicitor.

They have cancelled the meeting due to:

1) Not providing the statements for the agreed joint debt loans.

2) Not agreeing to doing mediation instead of the round table meeting.

I have totally exhausted now. Just seems she is doing anything to keep changing the goal posts and keep me paying this debt!

!!RANT!!

My solicitor got a fax from her solicitor.

They have cancelled the meeting due to:

1) Not providing the statements for the agreed joint debt loans.

2) Not agreeing to doing mediation instead of the round table meeting.

I have totally exhausted now. Just seems she is doing anything to keep changing the goal posts and keep me paying this debt!

!!RANT!!

Ask for an order that states she is at least temporarily responsible for half...

• Author

In the UK its called "ancillary relief" and is usually huge financial impact for both parties. Its better to come to a private agreement, quicker & cheaper.

Will be talking to my SOL tomorrow morning as that seems to be the last route to take...

It's hard to believe that she and her solicitor can jerk you around like that. I hope you can get some relief from your solicitor.

I can't get over how she is using the kids. It is despicable. Your poor kids, hearing that about their dad. Jay...they will know when they get older that you are none of those things she says. Just keep on being a good dad. My brother's ex m-i-l talked so bad about him to one of brother's boys (the oldest) and he finally told her to stop it, that he loved his dad and he was not what she was saying. This father's day (now, this is many years ago the split, the rancor and all that happened and he ended up with custody), the 3 sons got together and bought brother and his wife a vacation trip and thanked him for always being there.

What a piece of work she is; good grief, using her children in this way. UGH

Hang in there and I hope you get good news about it going forward as planned. {{{HUGS}}}

dreamingoftigers

Seriously the phone-thing has such a bad failure rate.

Get a new and different one!

I don't see how she should be able to get out of that debt as well. That's crap.

• Author
Seriously the phone-thing has such a bad failure rate.

Get a new and different one!

I don't see how she should be able to get out of that debt as well. That's crap.

I have tested it like a million times. It has hundreds of conversations on there which are perfect! The two occasions I needed it to work, it doesnt!!!! Somebody up there must love me! :D

• Author
It's hard to believe that she and her solicitor can jerk you around like that. I hope you can get some relief from your solicitor.

I am exploring the avenue of "vexatious" behaviour, hopefully scare them abit into being more co-operative. She isnt achieving anything, the debts mount and there will be less in the pot...

I can't get over how she is using the kids. It is despicable. Your poor kids, hearing that about their dad. Jay...they will know when they get older that you are none of those things she says. Just keep on being a good dad. My brother's ex m-i-l talked so bad about him to one of brother's boys (the oldest) and he finally told her to stop it, that he loved his dad and he was not what she was saying. This father's day (now, this is many years ago the split, the rancor and all that happened and he ended up with custody), the 3 sons got together and bought brother and his wife a vacation trip and thanked him for always being there.

What a piece of work she is; good grief, using her children in this way. UGH

Hang in there and I hope you get good news about it going forward as planned. {{{HUGS}}}

I keep doing and saying the right things to the kids. I never bad mouth their mother in front of them and neither do my family - they wouldnt anyway as they were brought up right.

No point worring about the things you cant change! ;)

• Like 1

No point worring about the things you cant change! ;)

This is so hard to accomplish, isn't it? Yet, we have no control over what they do or think (or really anyone else, either). I know "should" is a concept that has gotten me in a funk! Keep hanging in...it has to end sometime!

:)

• Author

Friday my solicitor sent the STBXW a really cracking letter which basically tore them apart, highlighted their inconsistencies, lies etc.

When I picked up the kids, she was not happy and didn't say a word!

Great weekend with the kids, got them kites so went out for the day to fly them but it wasn't windy enough! played football and went to the park instead. Sunday we had a party for my eldest and my family game over, good day.

Dropped the kids off Sunday evening, the STBXW was wearing an awful top that made her look cheap and fat... As soon as the kids got there they were asking her and scumbag to buy them things... I left.

Got a text about 30 minutes later: "I cant beleieve how irresponsible u r again not giving the kids any tea. they came back starving"

I replied - (yes I am an idiot) : "well i have a house full of witness that say otherwise. they have eaten lots, had fresh fruit and been playing outside all day. please check your facts before you make unfounded accusations"

She replied : "Only going by what the kids said. X said he has had nothing since 1 & x & X said they;ve had no dinner. they r growing kids and need more than just party food hours ago.

I ignored it

She text again : "i shouldnt b having to feed the kids at gone 7pm in the evening before bed & when they need to go to school the next morning"

What a joke, like I would not feed my kids for 6 hours! Complete buillsh*t!

• Author

Sent my solicitor more proof of the joint debts fiasco. She still hasnt heard anything from STBXW so will chase them up.

I called to talk to kids this evening, STBXW didnt even answer the phone, just handed it over to one of the kids....

• Author

I was kinda down over the weekend, was busy but missed the kids.

Today I was still not quite right, but I was just in the queue buying some water for the rugby game later and I was watching a couple. They werent particularly attractive or interesting but their body language showed that they were both really in love with each other... then it hit me, I will be too but not today but maybe tomorrow!

I feel great now.

Just had to share.

• Like 1
  • Author

What games?

I haven't played games in a long time, now its all business, getting things done and let her get on with her own life.

• Author

Had great weekend with kids. Took my eldest to a local DIY shop and built a jewellery box from scratch - it was a present from my brother and we both really enjoyed it.

Went to take kids home and the car died. So had to get my Dad to drive instead. The STBXW wasn't there but her parents were. explained car had broken down and where it was parked.

I get nasty text from STBXW later about how the car is all my responsability and I should get it fixed etc, she now cant take kids the school etc... I need to make my own arrangements from now on to pick-up/drop-off kids... I wont contribute anything to car etc...

Just ignored it, all lies.

Your wife is a selfish mother****ing bitching whore who doesn't deserve nothing but a lonely life .

You should find something better... what should be easy, honestly I would spit on your wife's face.

dreamingoftigers
Had great weekend with kids. Took my eldest to a local DIY shop and built a jewellery box from scratch - it was a present from my brother and we both really enjoyed it.

Went to take kids home and the car died. So had to get my Dad to drive instead. The STBXW wasn't there but her parents were. explained car had broken down and where it was parked.

I get nasty text from STBXW later about how the car is all my responsability and I should get it fixed etc, she now cant take kids the school etc... I need to make my own arrangements from now on to pick-up/drop-off kids... I wont contribute anything to car etc...

Just ignored it, all lies.

Frankly Jaymz,

I agree with the xw on this one.

Did you not know that all of us have psychic powers now specifically telling us exactly when and where cars are going to break down?

And with today's transporting/time traveling technology, you could have gone back to last week and won a lottery ticket to completely fix her financial problems.

Even if that failed, you could go to a local orchard and pick the money off of the public trees. You know, the trees that the money grows on?

Tsk tsk

So selfish.

• Like 1
  • Author

Spoke to solicitor about car, she advised me to drop it as it wont be worth the cost fighting over it.

STBXW sent me a text, demanding to know when I am having the kids over the holidays so I knew when I called there was going to be trouble... Called kids, she demanded to know when I am having them, I said I didn't know yet and would let her know, wasn't good enough as she needed to know dates so she can book kids in football club. So I asked what dates the club was that they could go to, she said end of July, that was fine by me then it wasn't ok by her now...

So she asks again when I can have them, I repeated I didn't know yet as stuff was going on at work* but would let her know when I did. She then started going into one again about how irresponsible I am and I cant have the kids etc etc. So I laughed and then cut her off and asked to speak to the kids, she refuses and hangs up, no surprise.

So i called her phone a couple of times... eventually scumbag picks up says they are outside and call back in 10 minutes...

I call back in 5, scumbag answers again and he starts to go on about when I am having them, so I told him exactly what I said to STBXW that I didn't know yet and would when I did, he started to go on about its unfair to drop everything last minute to accommodate me etc, I just cut him off and asked to speak to kids.

I get literately 30 seconds conversation with each one before she moves the phone around and hangs up on me. fun.

*one of the guys who works for me is off, his older brother (22) died suddenly and the funeral is Friday. I don't know when he will be back at work, probably off until the beginning of august... Kinda puts things into perspective though.

• Author

Did 5k charity run in 30 mins tonight, I am well chuffed with that run time.

May get to another charity dinner if I hurry up and leave the office!

• Author

STBXW sends me a text, needs to talk to me as its important.

I reply that I am busy in meetings in day, so let me know what it is?

She replies, its very important and will only take a minute.

So I call her after my meeting, she tells me she is pregnant......

• Author

She said she wanted to tell me herself rather than find out from the kids or someone else.