Is it over?

• Author

Well that evening the STBXW calls the kids as normal. My middle child tells her that he doesn't want to come home any more as she wont let him go back to daddys. The STBXW tells me to not talk to her like that, he tells her he doesn't want to speak to her any more. I tell him that its ok, we will still be seeing loads of each other.

I took them to rugby on Sunday morning. The boys love it and now my daughter wants to play as well, so I told her she could next week.

I called the kids Wednesday evening, the first thing my daughter asks is that I am definitely taking her on Sunday to rugby (it was the STBXW weekend with the kids), I tell her yes of course. I could hear the STBXW in the background screaming that there is no way she is going, phone hangs up.

I pick the kids up on Sunday, my daughter now doesn't want to go but does next week. I assume its because she is 5 and playing at home seems more fun. When I was taking the boys, the middle one told me that the STBXW told my daughter she cant go as she will get muddy and she doesn't want to wash her clothes! She then also tells my daughter that she has to be 8 to play. My middle child tells me that mummy is lying, you can play from 4 years old, i didn't know what to say to that!

I get a text saying that, even though its my Christmas with the kids, the STBXW is taking them away with her parents. She told me early this year that her mum is ill and only has a few weeks to live. It could well be her mothers last xmas but it really has pissed me off. Firstly she doesnt ask, just tells me that its happening, especially after her "respect" speech last weekend. secondly last xmas she wouldn't let me have the kids until boxing day afternoon.

I want to tell her no but the reality is I cant stop her from not giving me the kids unless i go to court over it. Am I being unreasonable?

Jay,

She is a piece of work, that woman.

I would tell her that according to the legal agreement, it is your Christmas this year, but you understand that her mother is very ill and so you will agree to her taking the kids this year, but that will mean you have the kids for the next two Christmas vacations and that you will be getting them before Boxing Day afternoon. If she balks at it, tell her that you will be discussing it with the attorney and that unless she does what she agreed to, she will not be in compliance and the court will be told this. She rolls over you or tries to, like a steam roller and you need to put a stop to it. I don't know....that is my 2 cents. I know it possibly could be a "suggestion" without teeth, but I certainly would do all that I could to stop this crazy, selfish behavior.

Good luck. You and your kids deserve better than her selfish behavior.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • Author

Another month goes by!

Still waiting for court hearing date to get the finances and divorced finalized, can be any day now.

The STBXW has changed her stance on the outstanding money: Instead of it being split, she wants it to be put in trust for the kids for when they turn 21. I can only think that she really doesn't want me to have the money to pay off OUR debts...

Still not settled xmas with the kids yet so may have to wait for court to get that done too.

Otherwise things have been ok. I have the kids etc when I can and she is usually very good at letting me have them.

• Like 1