Girls who are size ZERO and smaller look GREAT

Green

I do think it is interesting that a thread that was started to praise women who wear a size zero or smaller didn't turn into a fat bashing thread the way the OP seems to have intended. Though last I checked only one or two bridal companies even make a size zero as bridal fashion has less vanity sizing most companies don't go below a 2.
Bridal fashions vanity size like mad. The reason why some women need larger sizes in bridal fashion is that bridal fashions rely on a much more tailored fit with material that doesn't give at all. Women who don't fit the hourglass model, whether they're larger in the breast, waist or hip, will need to size up and have the rest tailored down. If your figure is hourglass, you'll need to downsize.
Bridal fashions vanity size like mad. The reason why some women need larger sizes in bridal fashion is that bridal fashions rely on a much more tailored fit with material that doesn't give at all. Women who don't fit the hourglass model, whether they're larger in the breast, waist or hip, will need to size up and have the rest tailored down. If your figure is hourglass, you'll need to downsize.

It may also be that many women never take their own measurements and don't wear clothing that fits.

It may also be that many women never take their own measurements and don't wear clothing that fits.

True. I used to shoehorn myself into smaller jeans because I thought they made me look narrower. And then at some point I realized I was giving myself an unfortunate case of unnecessary muffin-top.

theBrokenMuse

I do think it is interesting that a thread that was started to praise women who wear a size zero or smaller didn't turn into a fat bashing thread the way the OP seems to have intended.

Thank goodness it didn't degenerate into the fat bashing fest.. most overweight people already beat themselves up enough without that type of insensitive crap being thrown in their faces.

eerie_reverie

I don't understand this obsession with thinness. I could beat the s!ht out of your gf. A true size 0 at 5'7 would not have any muscle mass. I am 5'7 and 145 lbs and when I go running in my short shorts there is no shortage of men to make cat calls at me. I woudl post pics to demand you tell me I'm fat but I think that's unnecessary.

Edited by eerie_reverie
I don't understand this obsession with thinness. I could beat the s!ht out of your gf.

:laugh: Ok, now that's hot. Jello? Bikinis?

Pics or it didn't happen.

I don't understand this obsession with thinness. I could beat the s!ht out of your gf. A true size 0 at 5'7 would not have any muscle mass. I am 5'7 and 145 lbs and when I go running in my short shorts there is no shortage of men to make cat calls at me. I woudl post pics to demand you tell me I'm fat but I think that's unnecessary.
:lmao: Spookie, you are too much. And yes, physically you could probably beat the crap out of me too, although I've taken kick boxing and have a mean right hook!
TouchedByViolet

I disagree! Pics of you in short shorts are very much necessary considering the subject matter at hand :)

Thank goodness it didn't degenerate into the fat bashing fest.. most overweight people already beat themselves up enough without that type of insensitive crap being thrown in their faces.

And that's what its ultimately about . . . making others feel like absolute crap and getting them upset so they post defensive replies and he can call them all the names he's used in his past fat bashing threads and be perfectly justified because they started it.

theBrokenMuse
And that's what its ultimately about . . . making others feel like absolute crap and getting them upset so they post defensive replies and he can call them all the names he's used in his past fat bashing threads and be perfectly justified because they started it.

I remember seeing such cruel stuff the first time I saw one of those fat bashing threads that I felt compelled to confront people about making bigoted posts... I mean we had people pondering the notion of fat women not having souls... it was incredibly dehumanizing and the fact that people can be vicious is disturbing.

I remember seeing such cruel stuff the first time I saw one of those fat bashing threads that I felt compelled to confront people about making bigoted posts... I mean we had people pondering the notion of fat women not having souls... it was incredibly dehumanizing and the fact that people can be vicious is disturbing.

:confused: What the f***!? I am glad I missed that one.

:confused: What the f***!? I am glad I missed that one.

Earlier thread. I think that this one has been more civil because some of our resident trolls are currently chastised or banned. Last time Green started a thin girls thread it got really ugly.

I'm going to turn this around on you. If one daughter is intellectually gifted and the other isn't, would you minimalise the gifted daughter to save the feelings of the ungifted one? Or would you encourage both towards their strengths since the intellectually ungifted one more than likely has one or more strengths in other capacities? I would encourage both towards their own personal strengths, rather than minimalise one as a compensatory parental tool.

You are trying to avoid the potential conflict here. My post was based on the concept of both daughters being equal on all but looks just to keep it simple and fairly on subject.

I would want to encourage both to reach for the stars. What would you want?

You are trying to avoid the potential conflict here. My post was based on the concept of both daughters being equal on all but looks just to keep it simple and fairly on subject.

Even if one child has special needs, parents can encourage both to reach their fullest potential. Parents can encourage the development of good characters and wide interests. Both children can grow into well rounded, accomplished adults without one feeling "smart" and the other feeling "dumb", or one feeling "pretty" while the other feels "plain".

I find that women are their own worst critics. I rarely look at other women and think harsh thoughts, but I certainly beat myself up if I put on a few lbs, notice cellulite, or a facial wrinkle.

Everyone carries their weight differently. I am 5'7" and am currently 125lbs. I have been fluctuating back and forth between that and 130- but if I go over 130, I start to notice the weight in my face, hips and boobs and that bothers me. I can wear anything from a size 2 to an 8 depending on the manufacturer- sizing isn't at all universal.

Right now my bra size is a 30H- small back and big boobs, and I find bigger boobs make me look bigger all over which makes me uncomfortable:(.

I size women for a living, and it saddens me, the amount of women that aren't comfortable in their own skin. When I size someone I do everything in my power to make them feel great about themselves. The smallest of women have just as much body insecurities as a size 20- and to be honest, a lot of larger women celebrate themselves more than some of the smaller women- and that confidence is really sexy! I admire women like that.

There is always going to be someone that is going to pass judgement on you because you don't measure up to their ideal weight, height, intelligence, age, etc. Screw 'em!

Posts like these remind me how important it is to compliment a stranger. It may seem strange, but I make a habit of telling strangers that they look great in a pair of boots, that they are rockin' an outfit, that they have great legs, etc. I think as women we should all try and do that more often to one another. I don't know about anyone else, but a compliment from a stranger often means more than a compliment from someone you know.

You didn't state this in your initial post. As well, how realistic is it to say that two individuals have all things equal, besides looks? Not likely.

I would provide as much realism as possible to both daughters without needing to cosset one, to the detriment of the other. Life isn't a bowl of equity and the daughter who's not as pretty will find this out. But that doesn't mean she doesn't have advantages of her own, whereby those strengths will also be encouraged. I won't encourage any child to reach for unrealistic stars. They need to hedge their bets with realism and pragmatic, rational decision-making tools.

Right now my bra size is a 30H- small back and big boobs, and I find bigger boobs make me look bigger all over which makes me uncomfortable:(.

No. No. You are doing fabulous. Keep up the good work!

Posts like these remind me how important it is to compliment a stranger. It may seem strange, but I make a habit of telling strangers that they look great in a pair of boots, that they are rockin' an outfit, that they have great legs, etc. I think as women we should all try and do that more often to one another. I don't know about anyone else, but a compliment from a stranger often means more than a compliment from someone you know.

I love this. I try to do this too. There was one day when I was walking back to my dorm from class and some guy came up and said, "Those are really great boots you're wearing." It made my day!

You didn't state this in your initial post. As well, how realistic is it to say that two individuals have all things equal, besides looks? Not likely.

I would provide as much realism as possible to both daughters without needing to cosset one, to the detriment of the other. Life isn't a bowl of equity and the daughter who's not as pretty will find this out. But that doesn't mean she doesn't have advantages of her own, whereby those strengths will also be encouraged. I won't encourage any child to reach for unrealistic stars. They need to hedge their bets with realism and pragmatic, rational decision-making tools.

I'm absolutely amazed at your ability to avoid answering Anne's question. You should run for office, seriously.

It's very possible that two young siblings would have all things equal, besides looks. So answer the question: if you had two daughters, who were on par with everything else other than looks, how would you handle that? Let the plain/ugly child know that she's plain/ugly, while complimenting the pretty child?

As for reaching unrealistic stars, I feel sad for any child who's parent doesn't believe and tell their children that they can be anything they want to be. A child who wants to be Superman or an astronaut doesn't need to "hedge their bets." They just need someone to believe in them.

No. No. You are doing fabulous. Keep up the good work!

haha, Thanks Sab:love:

I love this. I try to do this too. There was one day when I was walking back to my dorm from class and some guy came up and said, "Those are really great boots you're wearing." It made my day!

It always makes my day too when a stranger says something nice to me- and I try to give it back.

Sometimes when women give you the double take coupled with a sneer, that's tantamount to a compliment! But it's sad, that as women, we sometimes view one another as rivals instead of sisters in the same boat.

I'm absolutely amazed at your ability to avoid answering Anne's question. You should run for office, seriously.

It's very possible that two young siblings would have all things equal, besides looks. So answer the question: if you had two daughters, who were on par with everything else other than looks, how would you handle that? Let the plain/ugly child know that she's plain/ugly, while complimenting the pretty child?

As for reaching unrealistic stars, I feel sad for any child who's parent doesn't believe and tell their children that they can be anything they want to be. A child who wants to be Superman or an astronaut doesn't need to "hedge their bets." They just need someone to believe in them.

This special education teacher thanks you.

Sometimes when women give you the double take coupled with a sneer, that's tantamount to a compliment! But it's sad, that as women, we sometimes view one another as rivals instead of sisters in the same boat.

I believe it is encouraged to a degree. Rivalry, competitiveness, and snotty behavior is high among women today, and I believe has been for the last 20 something years. For example, look at what we view as young celebrities today. The Hills, Jersey Shore... superficiality and cattiness is celebrated in the media. There is a reason why so many women say that they get along better with men than those of their own gender. It's sad, really. We are our own worst enemy.

She shifted the perspective from the first post to the second. I responded to her first post. Her second post was unrealistic. I might as well answer a question about having one pink elephant for a child and one blue elephant.

As far as letting a plain or ugly child know they were plain/ugly. No. I would encourage their strengths, rather than insult them unnecessarily. For the child who's attractive, I would also encourage her strengths.

Not sure why this is such a difficult concept to understand. It's not rocket science.

Got to be a little careful with this though don't you think? I think of those young people, for example, trying out for say Idol (may be a silly example but to try and make a point). Some of them think they are absolutely great singers when they really suck, sad to say, but that is the way it is for some. Some of them argue that the are great when they clearly are not - they haven't been challenged by the real-world but have been mollycoddled to the extent that they are a little delusional. Confronted with reality then hurts a whole lot more and can be devastating for some.

Having said that though, children should be encouraged to be the best they can be, but that is, the best they can be personally, not in comparison to others, particularly ideals that are often not reality. So there has to be some balance, or moderation of personal encouragement less the children grow up with unrealistic expectations that reality encountered can often destroy confidence and growth over the long term.