Why do short guys have such nasty attitudes?

MeganDoll

I'm 5' 6" but I see a lot of girls way shorter than me..plus I love short girls, cause I think they are cute and they make me feel taller so it's all good....just wish I was confident enough to go get one lol....

You are attracted to shorter girls because it make you feel taller- and women are conversely attracted to men that make them feel smaller. It's logical, and it's a visceral reponse imbedded in our species.

You are attracted to shorter girls because it make you feel taller- and women are conversely attracted to men that make them feel smaller. It's logical, and it's a visceral reponse imbedded in our species.

I guess it just pertains to the women how much bigger the guy has to be..Some want to be towered over even if their in 6 inch heels..

I guess thats also why youre betetr off being a chubby guy then somewhat skinny guy becasue the girl will look betetr and smaller in contrast to the chubby guy..

I've seen a couple in Target once..the guy was short and she was a good two inches taller(she wasn't wearing heels)

What the hell planet did they come from?

I don't discriminate based on height.

My best male friend married a girl 3 inches taller than him- but she's a horrid girl, just mean, nasty, and beneath him as far as his choices with women went. She also has a face like a horse.

Serenitynow

I am always shocked by how many of my (chronically single) friends are picky about height, when most of them are themselves under 5'5.

women are conversely attracted to men that make them feel smaller. It's logical, and it's a visceral reponse imbedded in our species.

I guess it just pertains to the women how much bigger the guy has to be..Some want to be towered over even if their in 6 inch heels..

I guess thats also why youre betetr off being a chubby guy then somewhat skinny guy becasue the girl will look better and smaller in contrast to the chubby guy..

Finally straight to the point with all 3 replies. All so true

And an ass like a buffalo.

Hey....all I got to say is if Tom Cruise can get laid, any short guy can get laid.

Well, he's gay;)

kiss_andmakeup

I completely understand a woman being attracted to a man who is taller than her. I just don't understand why many women require a man who is significantly taller than them. The friends that I spoke of would likely turn their nose up at a 5'7" or 5'8" guy even though he'd have a couple of inches on them.

Serenitynow

I guarantee my lack of success on the dating site has much to do with my height.

It seems as if every short guy i run into has a bad attitude and feels the need to constantly prove himself why is that?

It generally can be traced back to his socialization and peer identification process during puberty. It generally is at that point that he isn't 'growing' and also faces the transition from family-based identity to peer-based identity, learning to socialize and 'fit in' away from his family. This can be a difficult time for someone who is perceived as 'different', especially if that difference is physical and noticeable. Depending on his genetic psychology as well as his family dynamics, for some, it can be a quite traumatizing period, more so than is 'normal' for a adolescent. If this difference is reinforced over time, time marked by repeated rejections/belittling/abuse by peers, without adequate balance, a damaged psyche can develop. I saw remnants of such experiences in some LS'ers posting about the teenager who was taunted to the extent that she committed suicide. I could feel the anger and hate and shared some of it myself, having been bullied as a child. Without balance, that hate can become generalized, and experienced by others as a 'nasty attitude'.

Do such parameters and results apply to *all* men of short stature? Emphatically, no! We are all individuals and bring our unique mix of characteristics and behaviors to the world. The OP evidently has experienced this dynamic enough to feel the desire to apply the description globally. That's her prerogative. Hopefully, she will experience more datapoints and form a more balanced viewpoint over time. At the same time, by improving her people-picker, she can avoid nasty attitudes in all container sizes and live a healthier, happier life. Best wishes for that :)

I completely understand a woman being attracted to a man who is taller than her. I just don't understand why many women require a man who is significantly taller than them. The friends that I spoke of would likely turn their nose up at a 5'7" or 5'8" guy even though he'd have a couple of inches on them.

Ive notcied hispanic women are the one group not that height obsessed..Which makes me believe its not all bioligcal but allot of it is social condtioning..

Tall Dark and Handsome..Women have been told their whole lives the Tall guy is the Prince Charming who will sweep you off your feet..

Citizen Erased
I guarantee my lack of success on the dating site has much to do with my height.

Probably. The very nature of online dating is shallow. People are asked what their preferences are and the site matches them according to that. Of course they go for the person that's within the box they've provided for themselves rather than outside of it.

I've never gone to a bar and thought oh that guy is tall, that makes him hot. That guy is short, he's not hot. If I see an unconfident, kind of nervous tall guy and a funny, confident shorter guy, I think you can guess which one my attention would go to.

There are some girls when first asked if they only date tall guys that would say yes. But I doubt if they come across someone IRL, through work, friends, at a bar etc that's perfect for them, that's "only" 5'7, 5'8, bet you anything I have they will go for them.

If you spend your life thinking oh well I'm short so I won't find anyone, you're not going to get anywhere. Negativity attracts negativity. And it's not just with height. You could be overweight, unemployed, not very good looking...people that are these things and more manage to find someone that loves them, to spend their lives with. And it's because they're not sitting at home feeling sorry for themselves.

Serenitynow
its not all bioligcal but allot of it is social condtioning..

Tall Dark and Handsome..Women have been told their whole lives the Tall guy is the Prince Charming who will sweep you off your feet..

Of course its social conditioning !!

There are SOOO many mother to daughter talks, sister to sister talks, that go on in the life of women as they grow up. Women are fed so much crap from every angle . . . family, social, media, peers, etc etc etc.

I'm 5'11, and have a much 'nastier' attitude than many-a-short-guy. Then again, perhaps 5'11 would be classified as short by women nowadays.

Probably. The very nature of online dating is shallow. People are asked what their preferences are and the site matches them according to that. Of course they go for the person that's within the box they've provided for themselves rather than outside of it.

I've never gone to a bar and thought oh that guy is tall, that makes him hot. That guy is short, he's not hot. If I see an unconfident, kind of nervous tall guy and a funny, confident shorter guy, I think you can guess which one my attention would go to.

There are some girls when first asked if they only date tall guys that would say yes. But I doubt if they come across someone IRL, through work, friends, at a bar etc that's perfect for them, that's "only" 5'7, 5'8, bet you anything I have they will go for them.

If you spend your life thinking oh well I'm short so I won't find anyone, you're not going to get anywhere. Negativity attracts negativity. And it's not just with height. You could be overweight, unemployed, not very good looking...people that are these things and more manage to find someone that loves them, to spend their lives with. And it's because they're not sitting at home feeling sorry for themselves.

Thats what i would hope..I would think if most girls found a guy she was attracted to facially and clicked with and still a few inches taller then her she wouldnt say i would date him if he was only 2 inches taller..

Im sure there are allot like that who are height Queens but i would think most women would give the guy a chance as logn as were not talking extremes..

Of course its social conditioning !!

There are SOOO many mother to daughter talks, sister to sister talks, that go on in the life of women as they grow up. Women are fed so much crap from every angle . . . family, social, media, peers, etc etc etc.

I agree and women are very impressionable in terms of trying to fit into popular society wheter its how they look or their mate..

Im not saying allot of girls dont genuinely find tall men attratcive im just saying the media and social conditioning/pressure plays some role no?

Serenitynow

Citizen . . . the post below by KISS is true reality. Her friends are the norm. You opinion is the minority in society

I am always shocked by how many of my (chronically single) friends are picky about height, when most of them are themselves under 5'5.

Ive notcied hispanic women are the one group not that height obsessed..Which makes me believe its not all bioligcal but allot of it is social condtioning..

I think that's probably because Hispanic guys tend to be shorter.

I agree that it is a bigger deal online than offline- you're discarding people based on arbitrary categories and it's hard to know whether you'd have chemistry in real life. Yes many women will say that they like tall guys but if they met a great short guy then they wouldn't really care.

Personally I usually prefer tall guys even though I'm short, but I met/connected with a guy whose about 5'7 and it doesn't matter to me at all. :love:

I think that's probably because Hispanic guys are usually like 5'7-5'10ish..

I agree that it is a bigger deal online than offline- you're discarding people based on arbitrary categories and it's hard to know whether you'd have chemistry in real life. Yes many women will say that they like tall guys but if they met a great short guy then they wouldn't really care.

Personally I usually prefer tall guys even though I'm short, but I met/connected with a guy whose about 5'7 and it doesn't matter to me at all. :love:

Asian guys are short as well but Asian Women have been westernized so to speak..

kiss_andmakeup
Citizen . . . the post below by KISS is true reality. Her friends are the norm. You opinion is the minority in society

Ah, but the caveat is that I don't share their opinions either. Just because it's the norm for some of my friends, doesn't mean it's the norm in general.

I also have friends who couldn't care less about a guy's height (ironically most of them are on the taller side). I was only acknowledging that women like this are out there and that they are, for the most part, challenged in the relationship department because their priorities are out of order.

A friend of mine just got married, she is 5'10 (holy tall!) and her new hubby is the same height; shorter if she wears heels. I don't think it's something she even thinks about, because he's perfect for her.

Only because you choose to make it an issue.

My ex was shorter, certainly less hot- but he was such a player because he embraced the type of confidence of most guys twice his height. It's all in your head.

kiss_andmakeup
When you feel what it is like to be a 7th grader and having kids tell you to your face that your face is funny "oh you aren't ugly,.....but...... and even now having a guy at work nic name you the brain, as in not being smart, but rather having a huge forehead..... then yo ucan talk to me about feeling sorry for myself....I'm beyond that, baby.... I'm on the last path to full hell.

You haven't a clue where that kind of Shiat puts one's soul....it takes your confidence you once had and shoves it completely up your ass and into adulthood..you just give up knowing that crap has kept you from being the person you always wanted to be...always hiding and taking the back-seat in paranoia that someone might point out, once again, that you are actually kinda strange lookin.

What good way to bi-pass that paranoia than to sit at home, on the internet on a forum acting like a complete, pissed off, stalking freak.

Don't talk to me about feeling sorry...ever...because it's something you do not know... will never know..about how I feel.

Wow dude, calm down, I'm pretty sure Citizen Erased is one of the good guys.

Citizen Erased

Her chronically single friends. ;)

I'm female, I have plenty of female friends/acquaintances that feel the same as me. One of my good friends for instance, her bf she has been with for close to 3 years is 5'3.

Oh but sorry, keep making excuses for how crappy you are with attracting women by blaming it on your height. That will get you far.

Wow dude, calm down, I'm pretty sure Citizen Erased is one of the good guys.

She is one of the good girls- although none of know how tall Pyro is:lmao:

Serenitynow
Her chronically single friends. ;)

lol just because they are SINGLE has nothing to do with the theory being correct.

It proves they are wrong for their preference but doesn't mean anything else. It actually helps validate that they like taller guys by cutting their dating pool in half.

Citizen Erased
When you feel what it is like to be a 7th grader and having kids tell you to your face that your face is funny "oh you aren't ugly,.....but...... and even now having a guy at work nic name you the brain, as in not being smart, but rather having a huge forehead..... then yo ucan talk to me about feeling sorry for myself....I'm beyond that, baby.... I'm on the last path to full hell.

You haven't a clue where that kind of Shiat puts one's soul....it takes your confidence you once had and shoves it completely up your ass and into adulthood..you just give up knowing that crap has kept you from being the person you always wanted to be...always hiding and taking the back-seat in paranoia that someone might point out, once again, that you are actually kinda strange lookin.

What good way to bi-pass that paranoia than to sit at home, on the internet on a forum acting like a complete, pissed off, stalking freak.

Don't talk to me about feeling sorry...ever...because it's something you do not know... will never know..about how I feel.

Ok. I wasn't talking about you. But... your stinking, slimy PERSONALITY is the reason you're alone. Congratulations on completing the cycle for the millionth time on this forum you "stalking freak".

She is one of the good girls- although none of know how tall Pyro is:lmao:

just a smidge over 5'8 :p