I ended up paying more than him on a first date...is that a big no no?

conehead

• Author

Ok he called again just now, left me a message asking if I want to get sushi this weekend. Arg, I feel bad ignoring him despite everything. Ok I will just let him know I'm not interested.

homersheineken
Dude.. I'm happily married..

You can laugh at me all you want but pulling chicks was never a problem for me when I was single..

Comparing yourself to me is kinda just dumb.. see.. my hot wife is sitting right next to me right now.. :)

So I was right, I have had more chicks than you for this year and last year. :laugh:

And I don't need to pay for them to go out with me. I choose to be single and am enjoying it on my terms. But if it makes you feel better to think that I'm alone and lonely and can't score, I could really care less.

Yes it was a valid argument.

Your counter is what was lacking because it contained too many what if's.. there are no what if's about how much money a woman spends getting ready.

A woman also can spend that money on each date depending on how long it has been between hair doos or nails.

A guy will have the same suit for 10 years..hahahaha

There can be certainly be what if's about how much money a woman spends getting ready for a date. I'm sure some women will spend more money than others for a date. It may be true that a suit could last for several years. But that can also apply to women's clothing as well.

You can get free samples of that at sex toy parties. Just FYI. I'm sure you could crash a few in your area...Or maybe ask out the salesgirl?

Sex toy party? every day of my life is a sex toy party... Girlfriend in the downstairs closet, GF in the upstairs closet, GF wrinkled up under the sofa.

BTW where's the condom man details? If they aren't that funny, make something up.

Ok he called again just now, left me a message asking if I want to get sushi this weekend. Arg, I feel bad ignoring him despite everything. Ok I will just let him know I'm not interested.

OK, now you -should- ignore him for asking you out via VM. :laugh:

Sex toy party? every day of my life is a sex toy party... Girlfriend in the downstairs closet, GF in the upstairs closet, GF wrinkled up under the sofa.

BTW where's the condom man details? If they aren't that funny, make something up.

:laugh: I updated, they're not funny, just tragic. I could try to make up something more entertaining though :p

It may be true that a suit could last for several years. But that can also apply to women's clothing as well.

You don't know women at all, do you ? :) j/k

The women I have known thruout the years shop all the time for new clothes while I could go for 6-12 months and not even enter a store.

For all we know ... SHE DOESN'T CARE!! He is history! Who cares what he thinks ?? Why discuss a man none of us know? He was cheap and he didnt get a second chance

She cares, otherwise she would not have fretted about it and posted here on LS...

I know some women that act like what you are describing. However some of my female acquaintances don't shop that often. They would buy a set of clothing. And keep wearing them until the clothes ripped, became too short, wore out etc.

So,let me ask the men here: how do you navigate who pays for the first date dinner? I mean, it can get uncomfortable, no? Do you just want the woman to state it right out she's paying for her own dinner? or would you be telling the woman you expect to go dutch?

homersheineken
You don't know women at all, do you ? :) j/k

The women I have known thruout the years shop all the time for new clothes while I could go for 6-12 months and not even enter a store.

And why is it a guy's job to subsidize this?

She should go dutch. I am not a big fan of official dates anyway. I much prefer hooking up and if she is interesting beyond that then we could talk.

The men here just slide the check over to the girl and go to the bathroom :laugh:

If she is a bad date that is actually not a bad idea.

I'm curious how the men feel about the girl being willing to go on a second date just because you paid for the first... But she feels no sparks for you. Just that you paid. Nothing else.

And why is it a guy's job to subsidize this?

Dude.......

How is buying a 40.00 dinner subsidizing a 200.00 hair doo or her buying clothes ?

She didn't ask you to pay for half of her nail job that she got to impress you did she ?

I mean, she could say.. if you want to go out with me we go dutch and that means you pay for half of the doo and nails and half for the baby sitter..

See that way the dinner would wind up costing you 150.00 instead of just 40-60 for dinner :)

homersheineken
Dude.......

How is buying a 40.00 dinner subsidizing a 200.00 hair doo or her buying clothes ?

She didn't ask you to pay for half of her nail job that she got to impress you did she ?

I mean, she could say.. if you want to go out with me we go dutch and that means you pay for half of the doo and nails and half for the baby sitter..

See that way the dinner would wind up costing you 150.00 instead of just 40-60 for dinner :)

I have to pay for clothes too. I never asked for a $200 hairdo. In fact, she can throw it in a pony tail. ANd I could care less about her nails.

Now I've answered you ?'s, answer mine. Why is it my job to help her pay for expensive clothes and overpriced nails? She gets to keep her clothes and nails and the drinks and dinner I buy her? Yeah that seems equal. But please answer why it's my job to subsidize her extravagant tastes.

I'm curious how the men feel about the girl being willing to go on a second date just because you paid for the first... But she feels no sparks for you. Just that you paid. Nothing else.

No prob as long as she returns my phone call or preferably picks up when I call, and just says, "I'm not feelin it, but best wishes to you."

So,let me ask the men here: how do you navigate who pays for the first date dinner? I mean, it can get uncomfortable, no? Do you just want the woman to state it right out she's paying for her own dinner? or would you be telling the woman you expect to go dutch?

I'm still gonna pay, there have been some pretty good attitudes displayed by women in this thread, and have gotten crafty at spotting the "expectation" type versus the "appreciation" type in my old age anyway.

homersheineken

LOL I've agreed with you most of this thread. What I figured is that the guy wanted to see what she would do with the bill after he paid. Maybe he was sensing she wasn't feeling sparks... He thought she should pay for 1/2 too. He probably continued to talk/txt to her after the fact since she did pay 1/2 (ok a little more). He saw her reach and that's what he wanted too... Both of them are playing the game. She got caught with the bigger check.

homersheineken

It depends on the girl and how we met... But, One of my favorite things to do is to make a game out of it. I'll say "First one to touch it, pays for it!" Then I'll go into a fun stare down mode at it and slowly move my hand towards old-west gun-fight style. Then i'll push it onto her while opening it so that she touches it first. They get a kick out of it and laugh since it removes the stress from it and shows 1) you're confident 2) you're easy going 3) can solve a stressful situation where both parties win and without fighting.

homersheineken
That's what she's saying too, except she isn't talking about the check :lmao:

Yeah I thought you were to much of a coward to answer my question. And basically you're implying with your comment that she's a hooker too...

Edited by homersheineken
Yeah I thought you were to much of a coward to answer my question.

:lmao:..

dude.. I'm not a coward for not answering your question..

I've got nothing on your question..blank

but.. if you really truly believe some of the stuff about women that I have seen you post then it isn't hard to understand why you have trouble getting your answers..

Personally I think you have the questions wrong..

How about trying to change your outlook instead looking for people to reinforce the way you feel ?