match.com

dreamergrl

Dreamer you are in retail right? I have been in retail for almost 10 years and have met some great guys troughout the years...not sure on what end of retail you are but my girls and I have had great times w guys we met while at work

I looked at a few here in Fla. It seems that they always have like 25-30 guys RSVP that they are coming and 2 or 3 gals.

depends on the group and their interest. that was probably a hunting group or miami dolphins fan group...

most of our dining out events have more women than men.

It sounds like most of you are based on the USA so as a UK resident i will give you my perspective.

i'm 38 and so it gets harder to find someone. although i like going to bars, i've never been one to go and pull women in bars and clubs. i like girls who can hold their own.

i've never used dating websites before. I joined one 2 months ago called mysinglefriend.com. i have a couple of friends who have met their other half on some of these websites. 1 is now married and just had a child. another has been in a relationship for 2 years. i have a friend who used match.com. that website seems for people who just want a quick shag.

the one i use is mysinglefriend.com, i was apprehensive at first. what happens is you register, get a friend to write a character reference on you then you comment on it. i'm based in london and i would say 80% of people on there(in london) are exgraduates. there seems a lot of pretty,intelligent and career minded women on there. been on a couple of dates, one i decided after 2nd date i wasnt bothered. just been on a first date and this one is stunning. going out on a 2nd date in the near future. in both case they asked me to meet up.

i think a lot depends on the area you live. if you are in a big city then you will be surprised at the quality of people on there.

as for dreamgrl, dont be afraid to ask to meet up if you feel the conversations are going well. Iam quite shy in asking someone out and probably other blokes are too. do it in an email so then if he says no then you dont feel embarrased. i think the danger is you talk online too much and one person starts to get bored and loses interest. online chat is great put the feelers out and see if you have common interests, but then you need to push for face to face chat before it is too late. you cant beat face to face to see if their is any chemistry

rule of thumb for me is dont pick anyone who has jsut one photo and just a head shot. good to have picture showing most of their body.