match.com

dreamergrl

We're not talking about match.com any more.. I'm onto POF

POF is an even bigger waste of time than match.com

POF is an even bigger waste of time than match.com

i just thought of something :lmao:

I agree POF is a big waste of time. I checked it out and seems like it should be called POA, which is Piece of Azz, because looks like that is what the majority of people are after on there

i just thought of something :lmao:

I agree POF is a big waste of time. I checked it out and seems like it should be called POA, which is Piece of Azz, because looks like that is what the majority of people are after on there

An d you think people that PAY for a service isn't doing the same thing? lol :laugh:

some people are less fortunate than you are, and feel the need to resort to dating sites and such. why even bother posting to this thread. you act like you are too good for a dating site or something lol

tone it down...I'm giving my 2 cents...its got nothing to do w me being better or too good...I just plain and simple do not believe in it...its not my cup of tea...but at the same time I may not agree with it but I respect those who do...perfect example my BFF of 7 years...match addict but I respect her the same.

Well lets see. Match. com has 20 Million Members. 910,000 are Paying Members. Lets assume thats $ 20 bucks a month to join . Thats close to 20 million dollars a month they are making...

Sooooo...20 Million a month is their incentive...thats HOW much a year ?

tone it down...I'm giving my 2 cents...its got nothing to do w me being better or too good...I just plain and simple do not believe in it...its not my cup of tea...but at the same time I may not agree with it but I respect those who do...perfect example my BFF of 7 years...match addict but I respect her the same.

talk about toning it down

"Dreamer are you scare of being alone? or anything along those lines? cause it seems to me as you are always bouncing around left and right to meet men? or is it that nobody meets your expectations? I'm curious about something ...when was the last time you had an actual relationship?"

was that really necessary? i mean she is just having fun and seeing what's out there on dating sites. no need to attempt an in-depth analysis of her dating life LOL!

then you continue rambling about you and your partner of 3 years and you wouldn't use a dating site; there are many better options to meet new prospects- where its easy to hide behind a monitor etc etc.....good for you, not everyone has lucked up and SOME people like hiding behind computer when trying to meet someone :laugh:

looking4 green grass

I've done the meetup.com thing as a single and as a couple. I was new to my area and me and my bf at the time wanted to make new friends. We met a lot of cool people that way. Now I usually go with my friends as a group to the events.

I don't really see a difference in the number of men online who want in my pants and the men in real life who want in my pants. I sound vain, but I'm a good looking girl, and I get hit on a lot. Lucky for me I'm also smart, so the real jerks never make it past "Hey baby....fill in lame line here"

I personally find online dating highly amusing and entertaining in the least. If I meet the love of my life, I'll let you all know!

Oh, and POF seems to be going ok. :)

Well lets see. Match. com has 20 Million Members. 910,000 are Paying Members. Lets assume thats $ 20 bucks a month to join . Thats close to 20 million dollars a month they are making...

Sooooo...20 Million a month is their incentive...thats HOW much a year ?

I think those numbers are inflated.

I dont think they have anywhere near 910,000 paying and active members.

of course theres also the usual dating site problem of too many fake profiles- fake profiles made by other members and fake profiles to encourage members to keep trying.

I think those numbers are inflated.

I dont think they have anywhere near 910,000 paying and active members.

of course theres also the usual dating site problem of too many fake profiles- fake profiles made by other members and fake profiles to encourage members to keep trying.

Online Dating Magazine > Online Dating Industry > History > Match.com History

History of Match.com

by OnlinDatingMagazine.com

Company: Match.com

Startup in Online Dating: April 1995

Private/Public: Public

Parent Company: InterActiveCorp

History of Match.com

Match.com, a publicly held operating business of IAC/InterActiveCorp, was launched on the Web on April 21, 1995. It is considered a pioneer in bringing online dating into the mainstream. It its 10 year history, Match.com has grown to more than more than 15 million members with profiles posted or who are active users and about one million paying subscribers from more than 246 countries. Match.com’s international subscription base grew 90 percent in 2004 alone and company's online dating sites and affiliated businesses span six continents, operating more than 30 dating sites in 18 local languages and supporting local currencies.

Match.com used to be a wholly owned subsidiary of Ticketmaster and part of USA Networks Interactive Group before becoming part of InterActiveCorp. During its first year of operation, Match.com attracted 60,000 members. Today, more than 60,000 new people across six continents register on the site every day, joining the 15 million people who use Match.com to help them find love.

Match.com Member Growth Statistics

» May 2001 – 1.8 million members, 300,000 new members per month

» June 2001 – 2 million members

» October 2001 – 220,000 paying subscribers

» February 2002 – 2.5 million members, 382,000 paying subscribers

» March 2002 – 2.75 million members, 382,150 paying subscribers

» May 2002 – 3 million members, 527,000 paying subscribers

» July 2002 – 3.25 million members, 527,000 paying subscribers

» August 2002 – 604,000 paying subscribers

» October 2002 – 4.5 million members, 653,000 paying subscribers

» December 2002 – 5 million members, 653,000 paying subscribers

» September 2003 – 18 million members, 857,000 paying subscribers

» January 2004 – 20 million members, 910,000 paying subscribers

» April 2004 – 974,000 paying subscribers

» February 2005 – 15 million members, 32 countries, 18 languages, 6 continents

I've done the meetup.com thing as a single and as a couple. I was new to my area and me and my bf at the time wanted to make new friends. We met a lot of cool people that way. Now I usually go with my friends as a group to the events.

I don't really see a difference in the number of men online who want in my pants and the men in real life who want in my pants. I sound vain, but I'm a good looking girl, and I get hit on a lot. Lucky for me I'm also smart, so the real jerks never make it past "Hey baby....fill in lame line here"

I personally find online dating highly amusing and entertaining in the least. If I meet the love of my life, I'll let you all know!

Oh, and POF seems to be going ok. :)

Its totally fun if you don't take it seriously. I think many people do in the beginning and then one day you realize its just something quirky to do.

I don't do it at all now. I haven't for over 2 years. I could go back on it someday but with lowered expectations.

• Author
.Dreamer are you scare of being alone? or anything along those lines? cause it seems to me as you are always bouncing around left and right to meet men? or is it that nobody meets your expectations? I'm curious about something ...when was the last time you had an actual relationship?

Well if you must know, after September, I just now decided to start dating again. When I first moved to Denver in July, I didn't want to get into anything serious, so I casually dated. Before that my last relationship ended in May.

Lately I feel like dating. So what? There's a lot of the area I don't know yet. So I am using online dating. I'm not sure what the big deal is?

Well if you must know, after September, I just now decided to start dating again. When I first moved to Denver in July, I didn't want to get into anything serious, so I casually dated. Before that my last relationship ended in May.

Lately I feel like dating. So what? There's a lot of the area I don't know yet. So I am using online dating. I'm not sure what the big deal is?

its not a big deal...you have to do whatever it is that works for you...and so be it...I just dont get the appeal of the whole online dating thing...its just not for me...even if i was single I just don't get it...like I said though my BFF has had tons of fun w it but has met very few close to none quality guys...match can be very addictive too...lol...I've seen it

...well dreamer if you are ready to mingle and date again you go girl and have fun...just be aware of the pros and cons and watch who you trust...

talk about toning it down

was that really necessary? i mean she is just having fun and seeing what's out there on dating sites. no need to attempt an in-depth analysis of her dating life LOL!

then you continue rambling about you and your partner of 3 years and you wouldn't use a dating site; there are many better options to meet new prospects- where its easy to hide behind a monitor etc etc.....good for you, not everyone has lucked up and SOME people like hiding behind computer when trying to meet someone :laugh:

Jeez...you are totally taking this the wrong way...please know I'm an established member I've been part of this comminity a ggood amount longer than you and I know dreamer a lil bit better than you as I have followed her threads and the other way around...we get along fine...you are overreacting simply because our views are opposite on the online thing...we don't need to agree...but we do need to respect;)

Jeez...you are totally taking this the wrong way...please know I'm an established member I've been part of this comminity a ggood amount longer than you and I know dreamer a lil bit better than you as I have followed her threads and the other way around...we get along fine...you are overreacting simply because our views are opposite on the online thing...we don't need to agree...but we do need to respect;)

really, then why did the OP question what you said as well? she said whats the big deal LOL.

i really don't need the info that you are an established member and all the other random stuff, but thanks for the knowledge

• Author

So we ended it with a phone call... how long should I wait to have him contact me? Or should I contact him? Is it weird that he wants to wait to meet? In the past, guys normally either ask to meet up for coffee or a drink after as much conversation as we had last night. I really don't like waiting.. I'd rather just meet up and know if there's a spark or anything. You can only tell so much from online and phone conversations.

.. I'd rather just meet up and know if there's a spark or anything. You can only tell so much from online and phone conversations.

most likely you'll be in for a big surprise, sister...

it depends on how long he wants to wait? whats that mean days, weeks , months? i think some people feel more comfortable just talking a bit before the actual meeting. its how he does things. i wouldn't pressure him or he might become less interested. also, maybe you will find out something you don't like by just talking and save the trouble of meeting :laugh:

• Author
it depends on how long he wants to wait? whats that mean days, weeks , months? i think some people feel more comfortable just talking a bit before the actual meeting. its how he does things. i wouldn't pressure him or he might become less interested. also, maybe you will find out something you don't like by just talking and save the trouble of meeting :laugh:

Well he said he likes to be able to talk to a person on the phone prior to meeting... I hate talking on the phone except with a few of my close friends and my mom. But I had a brief convo with him. I tend to become shy on the phone with people I don't know.

I just don't know if I should contact him or let him contact me. Probably let him contact me huh?

Well he said he likes to be able to talk to a person on the phone prior to meeting... I hate talking on the phone except with a few of my close friends and my mom. But I had a brief convo with him. I tend to become shy on the phone with people I don't know.

I just don't know if I should contact him or let him contact me. Probably let him contact me huh?

i don't know how long its been since you talked on phone.....as to whether you should wait to contact him or not

also, that's odd, most girls like talking on phone and guys say they hate it haha. well you said you do with close friends and mom though..

maybe you need to talk more on phone with him to overcome shyness?

• Author
i don't know how long its been since you talked on phone.....as to whether you should wait to contact him or not

also, that's odd, most girls like talking on phone and guys say they hate it haha. well you said you do with close friends and mom though..

maybe you need to talk more on phone with him to overcome shyness?

I'm like that (being shy on the phone) with everyone. I know it sounds just silly.

We talked on the phone last night. Hung up around 10ish. I guess I would think if he wants to chat more before meeting, he'd call. So maybe he's just not interested. Yet, prior to the phone conversation, we had several hours of chat on the computer. Maybe me voice sucks :laugh:

I'm like that (being shy on the phone) with everyone. I know it sounds just silly.

We talked on the phone last night. Hung up around 10ish. I guess I would think if he wants to chat more before meeting, he'd call. So maybe he's just not interested. Yet, prior to the phone conversation, we had several hours of chat on the computer. Maybe me voice sucks :laugh:

if you are shy on the phone, he could tell this probably, and may not realize it's just shyness. he might think you are not that interested in him or something. so could be hesitating to call back

maybe you should just say you are more shy on the phone , or at least at first with someone you don't know. if he doesn't call by same time tonight, i would send something on the computer and just say hey..see what he says

• Author
if you are shy on the phone, he could tell this probably, and may not realize it's just shyness. he might think you are not that interested in him or something. so could be hesitating to call back

maybe you should just say you are more shy on the phone , or at least at first with someone you don't know. if he doesn't call by same time tonight, i would send something on the computer and just say hey..see what he says

Well I did tell him I don't like talking on the phone to people that I don't know well. We did exchange a few funny texts after the phone, and I ended it with that I would be interested in meeting for a drink or coffee. He said "Stay tuned".

Last night during our convo he mentioned that he's got work that he has to get caught up on. So maybe he's just busy.

I don't want to be over agressive but I don't want to be under agressive.

There is over analyzing every tiny detail or going with the flow. Choose your path and guess what men are attracted to.

• Author
There is over analyzing every tiny detail or going with the flow. Choose your path and guess what men are attracted to.

I'm a terrible guesser when it comes to me :p