match.com

dreamergrl

Just because you had a bad experience :p

actually it was a really good experience... just a little too good! ;)

then it all went bad... I know, I'm trying to put that in the past!

but you go girl... keep an open mind... don't be like me!

• Author
match.com is a scam of epic proportions

We're not talking about match.com any more.. I'm onto POF

Haha I just realized now that I said POS before and it all made sense why Dudet thought I said piece of **** haha.

looking4 green grass

I get tons of messages from OKC. I'm not entirely sure I would "date" any of them. But I'm setting up dates a few of them anyway. Do you see the same people on POF and OKC in your area? I'm wondering if I should try both?

• Author
I get tons of messages from OKC. I'm not entirely sure I would "date" any of them. But I'm setting up dates a few of them anyway. Do you see the same people on POF and OKC in your area? I'm wondering if I should try both?

Nope, actually I found more attractive people on POF. I didn't see much that caught my eye on OKC

• Author

Okay... so I had a good lengthy chat with one of the guys. He appears to have a lot of qualities I'm looking for in a guy, our profiles where quit similar. He asked for a phone conversation, so we chat on the phone for maybe 10 minutes. I'd be interested in meeting for coffee or a drink or something with no pressure. And I said so. He said he thought it was soon, just after one chat. I hate excessive chats because it builds up to much expectations.

Lost-n-confused

I personal like free sites. More people are likely to be on them.

Match.com is a scam in that they charge for everything. You have to pay to see if someone read your email. POF is nice for a free site and so is Okcupid.

BTW that green text on Match.com is just an extra feature you pay for so your profile stands out more.

Good luck dreamergrl!!! I tried match and okc. Both were pretty decent I guess, but I'm tired of it. Just took my profiles off of both actually. I need a break from online dating...haha I need a break from dating period. I've gone on one date and I already need a break. lol I just don't think I'm ready for this stuff.

I personal like free sites. More people are likely to be on them.

Match.com is a scam in that they charge for everything. You have to pay to see if someone read your email. POF is nice for a free site and so is Okcupid.

BTW that green text on Match.com is just an extra feature you pay for so your profile stands out more.

so it's green now? I used to be red :p and to me it always screamed "look at me, I'm REALLY desperate!" :lmao:

Well I'm trying OKcupid (but not finding any guys

How is this possible?

that grab my attention.

Oh wait, they have to "grab" your attention. LOL Interesting. Is that like 100% of the guys on the site?

Man, women, never satisfied. ;-)

Just playin' teasin

From what I heard from a friend that used Match...a male friend...he said most of the women are not paying members, thus if you're a paying MAN that emails a NON paying woman

She'll never read the email...of course she'll get a notification that she HAS mail...but she has to purchase a subscription to sign up.

I guess they're too cheap to find true love.lol

Personally I think match is a no go...I just do not believe in dating sites...I rather meet someone in person where you can see reactions...how they carry themselves...what they really look like...My BFF does match and she has had a lot of fun with it...and by fun I mean she's met a lot of fuc* buddies but nobody worthy of a relationship...Dreamer are you scare of being alone? or anything along those lines? cause it seems to me as you are always bouncing around left and right to meet men? or is it that nobody meets your expectations? I'm curious about something ...when was the last time you had an actual relationship?

I think there are much better options to meet new prospects than the whole online dating thing...were it is so easy to hide behind the monitor and even create a persona thats the complete opposite of what the person really is...

To me, online dating sites are just another way of interacting with people. One can expect the same probability of a good or bad outcome as with random meetings in real life, simply because proper usage of a dating site results in a random meeting, from which something or nothing develops. IMO, if people would put less energy into and place less importance on the online part, the real life part would be more honest and realistic.

Now that online 'dating' has developed much further than when I last used it over a decade ago, I would see it as just one tool in the toolbox of meeting new people, not the be-all, end-all or the reverse. One potential. :)

Personally I think match is a no go...I just do not believe in dating sites...I rather meet someone in person where you can see reactions...how they carry themselves...what they really look like...My BFF does match and she has had a lot of fun with it...QUOTE]

Then you should try meetup.com it's a site where they schedule events where people can gather together for fun and common interests. :)

Back when Match was Matchmaker (many years ago), we did have 'parties' and 'meetups'. I remember organizing some of them, including a group outing to the zoo where I worked. I had a lot of fun. Maybe meetup might be more my style when I'm ready to start socializing again. I'll look into it, thanks :)

Well I have emailed a few on POF. Two which have gotten back to me, although one who doesn't ask me anything. We'll see how it goes.

I call Plenty of Fish - Plenty of Losers.

Alot of undate~able men on there. All profess to be cool , charming , lovable but 98% were very cheap and just wanted to bypass dating and get right in your pants. Many were social misfits.

Yea you get alot of mail. At one time on Hot or Not I had 700 favorites , lol....Most of these sites you get alot of mail , winks , * some * of these men will admit they have wives and girlfriends. Many * won't *

Give it a Try but remember NEVER believe what you read or hear on the phone. Meet them. Go out with them 6 times and see if they are a frog or a developing prince..

Then you should try meetup.com it's a site where they schedule events where people can gather together for fun and common interests. :)

lol...this isn't about me...its my take on it...I am in a commited realtionship for almost 3 years now...and I personally would certainly not use any of this so called dating sites...or meetups or whatever it is they call it...thanks for the suggestion though...

lol...this isn't about me...its my take on it...I am in a commited realtionship for almost 3 years now...and I personally would certainly not use any of this so called dating sites...or meetups or whatever it is they call it...thanks for the suggestion though...

Well...I guess it's moot in your case...but meetup is not entirely for singles....it's more having to do with people with common interests.

I've seen couples attend events too. :)

Granted I am in a R...but if I weren't I'd preffer to meet guys in the real world...the success on those sites is such a small percentage its not even worth it...I see that as a last resource if anything...I really do feel a lot of the men in there are such losers good for nothing other than sex...and no this is not my experience as I have never used such sites but I know because my BFF is hooked on it. Ithink it boosts her self-esteem even if they just want to bang because it is difficult for her in the real world to meet guys...physically she is a bit far from a ten...as a person she is a 10+ but sadly in this world is what we see that comes first...understandably so

Well...I guess it's moot in your case...but meetup is not entirely for singles....it's more having to do with people with common interests.

I've seen couples attend events too. :)

I just don't see the appeal specially for couples...I feel fulfilled w my R, family and friends...but hey whatever works

I just don't see the appeal specially for couples...I feel fulfilled w my R, family and friends...but hey whatever works

some people are less fortunate than you are, and feel the need to resort to dating sites and such. why even bother posting to this thread. you act like you are too good for a dating site or something lol

Also, potentials vary according to location. For example, match.com only lists two women in the 40-55 age group within ten miles of my location and 162 within 30 miles, and there are no groups on meetup except when expanding out to 25 miles away, and then only six. Conversely, in a large city, there are thousands of people on the dating sites and hundreds of groups.

I knew I took up traveling for a reason ;)

I was asking that to see what you'd say....lol..I think I predicted right....occasionally, you'll see couples, "give it a shot" but meetups typically consist of 90+% singles (and unattached) anyhow. LOL.

It's just that couples are doing things together than to really need a medium in which to meet people at a social function where new faces can get to know each other with "ice breakers" and such.

Though, I have seen a female who was in a serious relationship attend these events without the sig. other....which I found strange.

One claimed she tried to get him to come to a bowling night, but her preferred to stay in

In the mean time, guys are hittin' on her, and sometimes she might even be exploring her options since her "lazy arse of a boyfriend" won't get off the couch with the beer in hand.

There's this one girl that I know that actually dumped her boyfriend over the holidays due to attending events on her own, and falling for a guy attending the same events.