You HAVE to be honest here..lol!!

Oh good! I m so glad you two spoke. It DID seem so odd. Perhaps he was overwhelmed by his feelings and was having trouble integrating his online relationship into real-life - a strange transition sometimes.

Giving him some space to do what he needs to do is very admirable - I wish you two the very best of luck. With honest communication, anything is possible :)

• Author
FabulousLadee

Yeah..I hope it works out but I've definitely learned to RELAX!!

I really need to let him be who he is and show me without saying anything anymore.

He's a big boy and he seemed to recognize that he dropped the ball somewhat and left me questioning.

He told me that despite me having to repetitively bring up what I was feeling...he appreciated my patience and faith in him to do better.

We shall see.

Last night for the first time since my visit...we talked each other to sleep. We used to do that all the time. I told him I needed some affection. That's our way of saying that we need some "gooshy mooshy" and sometimes "sexy" talk....lol

I told him I know that it's been a bit rocky but I still care for him and I just miss him.

It's feeling so good to talk to him again...

This is only day one though.

• 1 month later...
  • Author
FabulousLadee

Hey everybody!! Sorry that I have been MIA. Life does that to you sometimes...you know how it goes. I just wanted to let you all know that me and Mr.Law School are STILL making it happen. We have had a few bumps in the road but it seems like we become stronger after we get through another obstacle. It proves that when both individuals REALLY want to make a situation like this work...it CAN work!!

Our last visit which was our first time meeting in person was the first weekend in May. Our next visit is the 4th of July weekend. He will be flying down to visit me this time. I am so excited and I only have less than 2 weeks until I see him. We are both so anxious.

Shout outs to IslandGirl, CONGRATS to Mrs.Bear...that's so awesome, Hey Kiki, Elswyth, LonelyTiger, Northstar, Touche...if I forgot anyone..don't blame my heart...lol

Newcomers: This forum is AWESOME!!

Island Girl
Hey everybody!! Sorry that I have been MIA. Life does that to you sometimes...you know how it goes. I just wanted to let you all know that me and Mr.Law School are STILL making it happen. We have had a few bumps in the road but it seems like we become stronger after we get through another obstacle. It proves that when both individuals REALLY want to make a situation like this work...it CAN work!!

YES IT CAN!!!!!!!!! And DOES for a lot of us!!

So glad you guys are powering through, making adjustments, and holding on to each other. :bunny:

Shout outs to IslandGirl, CONGRATS to Mrs.Bear...that's so awesome, Hey Kiki, Elswyth, LonelyTiger, Northstar, Touche...if I forgot anyone..don't blame my heart...lol

Newcomers: This forum is AWESOME!!

Shout outs back to ya! I wondered where you'd been. ;)

We want to hear the good stuff too ya know!!! :laugh::bunny::bunny::bunny:

I am so happy for you! Keep on working at it. Thanks for the congrats and glad to see you back on here. Keep the updates coming.

I hope you have a lot of activities and other things you can do to occupy your time because thinking about him every minute will drive you crazy. In a LDR, you need to make him part of your life and not be your whole world. I'm speaking from experience. My SO has the kind of job that literally some weeks, he's so busy that he doesn't even text message me unless I text him.

I recently posted about this in another thread, but what I realized was that I was taking his lack of communication as a sign that he didn't love me. We talked about this, and tried to see this from each other point of view. I was able to see that he is still very much in love with me. He's just BUSY. His own mother is even wondering how come she hasn't heard from him, so it's not just me.

I think in your case, your guy is just busy on an average level. He's also a guy and a lot of guys don't focus on relationships the way we women do, but it doesn't mean that they don't care. I'm glad to see that you two are still talking. You'll get used to the rhythm of things.

Hey Ladee! :)

Glad to hear it's still going great! One more success story to add to our 'first time meeting' collections! :D

• 3 years later...
  • Author
FabulousLadee

I just wanted to log back in and read these old posts. It is now 3 1/2 years later and me and my SO are still at it. There have been some spaces through out the years but all in all we are still connected and loving each other. To anyone who has doubts..an LDR can work but it takes two ppl who want the same thing.

Those initial strong feelings I felt so quick in the beginning were real and I still feel them now. He is my soulmate. Ive even dated other ppl since we first met during our breaks but we always seem to come back together. We still live in seperate cities but we plan on closing the gap soon. He has his Juris Doctorate now and is in the process of taking the Bar a 3rd time. I have been traveling and working as a singer..my dream job. Again..if it's meant to be..it will be no matter what.

Edited by FabulousLadee
  • Like 3