You HAVE to be honest here..lol!!

My SO and I met online, and we did not share any revealing or intimate pictures before our first visit. We had some sex related discussions, but never really about our concrete situation. ;)

First time we met, nothing happened the first night. The second night we kissed, and after that we'd often make out. But we did not have sex during that first meeting. However, we probably would have if I could have stayed for more than 3 weeks... ;) We did it the first day of our second meeting.

Island Girl
3 more days everybody until our first meeting!!!! Omg!!!

YAY!!!

I am really excited for you!

Just don't freak yourself out and become your own worst enemy.

Things will happen as they will happen - unfold the way they will unfold. Worrying about it or stressing won't help so try try try try not to do it. :D

• Author
FabulousLadee

Drumroll!!! Okay...everybody..so last night my babe came to me and asked if I would come the whole way to his home town to meet him. Just a quick recap...He is currently in law school in Michigan but is on break for two weeks in his hometown in Kentucky...staying at his parents house. From my city in Missouri, his hometown is closer to me than his school in Michigan so that's why we planned to meet during this time while he was at home. Instead of making a 2 and 1/2 hour drive to our halfway point we were previously meeting at..I will be making about a 5 hour drive the whole way..which to me is really not that gruesome.

Now before all the sighs and gasps...He is in a bit of a financial crunch due to law school and no job...of course. I knew this from the beginning. He is living off of loans and grants which he budgets about 6000 a term (3 months). That pays for his rent, food, utilities, gas, and any other expenses that come up.

I am well off into my career so I have the financial flexibility to do things that he is not able to yet.

I could tell that it was very hard for him to ask me because of the traditional way things are supposed to be done...in the eyes of our society...as far as a man and woman and our "roles".

He said that of course he would do whatever he needed to make me feel as comfortable as possible. His mother offered thier home for me to stay at to save even more money but I refused because we are both adults. I just don't feel comfortable with that yet. I can see if we were officially in an exclusive relationship already but this is just our first meeting. He said that as long as I can get there...that he will provide food, we would use his car/gas for the duration of my time there, and pay for half of the hotel room.

He also has given me all his information and parents information with the exception of thier social security numbers, of course. And he offered to talk to my mother about the situation but he is 28 and I'm 30... I thought that would be very unnecessary. I did get my mother's opinion though.

And to add..I almost forgot.. if I do this..

Instead of staying 1 night, I will be staying 2 nights. We feel that I might need that extra time now to re-coup instead of getting right back on the highway the very next day since I'll be driving the whole way now. So I have less that 48 hours now to seeing him.

So what do you all think of this? Go or Re-schedule?

I say go.....

You have a hotel room. Which I think is better than staying at his parents house. You guys have been talking long enough. You have to see if its real in person.

GO GO GO.

Island Girl
I say go.....

You have a hotel room. Which I think is better than staying at his parents house. You guys have been talking long enough. You have to see if its real in person.

GO GO GO.

I second and triple this.

An extra 2 1/2 hour drive? Not much different.

It is basically the same trip and I am glad you got the extra day too.

Enjoy the trip. Don't even question it anymore.

Just GO.

RecordProducer

My husband and I met online. He visited me two weeks later and we spent eight days together. We had sex the first night and had a 14-month LDR before we got married. We lived on different continents.

LonelyTiger

Go for it FabulousLadee! :bunny:

If you're ok with the five hour drive then it's pretty much the same scenario..... and at least you can send him to his parents house if you decide against getting intimate at this point. :D

If you reschedule I think you'd probably regret it!

Go for it and have fun - I hope he's everything you want him to be. :)

• Author
FabulousLadee

I'm ON MY WAY!!! I should get there around 5pm this evening.

I'm soooo nervous but excited!! LMAO!!

And thanks everybody for all of your encouragement...it really helps. As soon as I can, I will keep you all updated during my stay. I am taking my laptop with me. Keep me in your thoughts and prayers!!

Here goes nothing!!! :bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::laugh::laugh::p:p:o:o:o

Island Girl
I'm ON MY WAY!!! I should get there around 5pm this evening....I am taking my laptop with me. Keep me in your thoughts and prayers!!

Wonderful! :bunny:

I will be soooooooooo looking forward to the update!!!

YAY!!

LonelyTiger

Have a fabulous time FabulousLadee! :)

So excited for you! :bunny::bunny::bunny:

Can't wait to hear all about it!!!

• Author
FabulousLadee

Okay..so... we DID IT ON THE FIRST NIGHT...LMAO :laugh::D:laugh::D:bunny:!!

And THIS MORNING!!

The physical chemistry is just BANANAS!

When we first saw each other, he was like, "OMG! I can't believe you were worried about how you looked. You are sooo hot!!" He just kept telling me how good I looked.

Then I was definitely impressed too. He is the type of guy who just doesn't know how sexy and fine he is. He is sooo down to earth and just good people. He took me back to his parents house and they were soooo sweet....very old-fashioned but extremely sweet. They told me that they hope it's not the last time they see me and his mother invited me to Sunday dinner. I almost passed out after hearing that..lol

Then after that we really didn't have time to do too much...we just went back to my room and immediately...it was going down...lol

And it was THE BOMB!!

We slept and woke up this morning and...did it AGAIN..LOL

He left for a couple of hours to go back to his parents house to re-coup, take a shower, workout, and get dressed. I cleaned up..got dressed..went to Denny's and had a light breakfast since we'll be eating later. We've talked and I can't wait until he gets back. So right now, I'm in the room just waiting on him to get here. We'll probably just enjoy each others company..go out to eat...you know..nothing too extravagant.

ADDED LATER: What do you all think about him leaving me alone for a couple of hours? Should I worry about that? I would think he'd just want to be around me every second he could. I don't know what to think about that.

I like him soooooooo freakin much. I hope he feels the same way.

Okay..so...that's what's happened up until now..I will definitely come back to update later.

The Saga Continues.......;)

LonelyTiger

I am sooo happy for you!!! :bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::D:D:D:D:D :bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny:

Don't worry about him going home for a couple of hours. Presumably he needed fresh clothes and didn't have his toothbrush with him?

He might also be one of those people who just needs their own space - after all you have only just met (officially), so nothing sinister in that.

Not sure why he needed the 'workout' though??? :confused: It sounds as though you two got a fair bit of excercise during the night! ;)

Look forward to the update and I really do hope he likes you too :love:

Island Girl
When we first saw each other, he was like, "OMG! I can't believe you were worried about how you looked. You are sooo hot!!" He just kept telling me how good I looked.

YAY!

I just love a guy who knows how to make a woman feel sexy and wanted.

What an aphrodisiac!!:love:

ADDED LATER: What do you all think about him leaving me alone for a couple of hours? Should I worry about that? I would think he'd just want to be around me every second he could. I don't know what to think about that.

No, I don't think you should worry about it.

He wanted to give you some breathing room I am sure.

And my husband did that when I was in Tonga (keep in mind we hadn't seen each other in 3 years).

He wanted to have my visit be as it would if I lived there. Normal. He would gather my clothes to launder them and he would work out.

I know that HE knows when he works out his muscles are pumped up a bit more and he feels "hot" when he is naked...:love::love::love::love: too true.

I like him soooooooo freakin much. I hope he feels the same way.

I don't think he would have introduced you to his parents - and that you wouldn't have been invited to Sunday dinner if he didn't like you!

Just enjoy! It sounds like things are going wonderfully well!

I am so happy for you!!!

I LOVE ROMANCE!!!!

YAY! :bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny:

Bearandsue

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!:love::love::love:. I am happy things went well for you. I wouldn't worry about him leaving for a few hours he prob has things to do.

Just enjoy the ride sweetie....(no pun intended)...lol:D

Island Girl
Just enjoy the ride sweetie....(no pun intended)...lol:D

Laugh out loud funny. Seriously. :lmao:

• Author
FabulousLadee

So I'm back home friends and I had the time of my life. Even though we didn't do anything extravagant..everything we did was very significant.

So in the last post I was waiting on him to come back to get me from the hotel. When he got there, we decided to go to the movies and then we went to his parents house again to eat after the movie. I met his sister this time. We had a real good time. His family is really nice.

After we left there, we went to the store to get something to drink...if you know what I mean..alcohol. Then we went back to my room..chit chatted..listened to music...had a couple of drinks..watched a movie..and....YOU KNOW IT!! LMAO LMAO!! :bunny:

Okay so the next morning...we woke up and he offered for me to go to church with him. Now mind you..he hadn't been to his home church since Christmas and this is the church he grew up in. So I knew that the attention was definitely going to be on him and I was going to be on his arm. So I wanted to make sure that this was something he really wanted to do and make sure he didn't feel obligated. I ended up going and it was wonderful.

We went to eat after church and then he showed me to the highway and I headed home. We are going to try to see each other at the end of this month/beginning of June. I CAN'T WAIT!!

Now on the way home with my time in my car for 5 hours..all I had was my music and my thoughts.

Does he like me as much as I like him?

Does he think I'm a hoe because we did it? :o lol

Does he want to be in a relationship with me still?

Does he really want to continue on in this now?

Will he really come and see me in a month?

Does he have someone else?

Was he just being nice because he is a good guy or didn't want me to feel bad?

How does he really feel?

Who else has he introduced his family to?

Guys, I have so many questions and I think I'm driving myself crazy.

I really want us to be together. I don't know what we're doing and I hate the "grey area" feeling. It's either black or white with me. I hate this. :mad:

But to sum it all up, I had the best time and I know that I'm in love...already. He was wonderful and he did everything in his power to make me feel comfortable and secure.

Oh..we talked for about 5 minutes 2 times.. each on the phone while I was on the road..just to check on my progress. I called him when I officially made it home and he said to call him when I got settled and we would talk. Well I tried to call him 5 minutes ago and he didn't answer so I'm all paranoid.

In my mind I'm like, "Okay well since I officially made it home safely, he isn't going to answer any of my calls."

This sucks. But I guess I just have to be patient and let it burn. Right?!

I bet you're on the phone with him RIGHT NOW aren't you!? :)

I am SO happy for you, and you don't need to worry - he brought you around to all his family AND his church. You are golden, sweetheart :)

Just keep up the honest communication... everything will be fine :D

• Author
FabulousLadee

Unfortunately, I haven't heard from him again yet. I kind of figured this would happen. As soon as I get home good enough, all down hill. Why wouldn't he be waiting on my call?! I would be waiting on his! It just erks me. I probably won't hear from him tonight. How much do you want to bet?! I know. Anyway, I'm going to try my best to calm down but I'm paranoid. I can't help it.

LonelyTiger
Now on the way home with my time in my car for 5 hours..all I had was my music and my thoughts.

Does he like me as much as I like him?

Does he think I'm a hoe because we did it? :o lol

Does he want to be in a relationship with me still?

Does he really want to continue on in this now?

Will he really come and see me in a month?

Does he have someone else?

Was he just being nice because he is a good guy or didn't want me to feel bad?

How does he really feel?

Who else has he introduced his family to?

Right now it must be middle of the night/early hours where you are and you'll no doubt have heard from him and are happily dreaming the night away.

If you still need the answers to your questions:

1. Considering he took you to meet all his family and took you to his church I think he likes you a lot. :)

2. As I said before, there is always a risk of a man seeing you differently if you get intimate too fast but he included you in his family events so it sounds as though he's pretty serious to me.

3. It would be very strange if he didn't want to be in a relationship with you given the way your weekend went. :confused:

4. It would be very strange if he didn't want to continue.

5. You said you are going to 'try to see each other'. Do you mean that he's going to 'try' to get to you? I see no reason why he wouldn't want to see you. The only thing that concerns me about this is that he couldn't afford to meet you halfway this time so how will he afford to get all the way to see you in June?

6. If he had someone else I really don't think he would be introducing you to his family and taking you to his church. Unless they're a very weird bunch of people. :laugh:

7. If he's a good guy (which he certainly seems to be) he wouldn't make you drive five hours to see him, use and abuse you ;), pretend to be nice to you, introduce you to his family, take you to his church and then dump you. Good guys don't do that.

8. You'll find out how he feels in good time. Don't rush it. Even if you're gushing with love for him, let him say it first. :love: It's a man thing. :laugh:

9. It doesn't matter who else he's introduced his family to. We all have a history. The present is what matters. If he's very close to his family, which he obviously is, he will probably introduce any girl that he is considering a serious relationship with - if that's the case then surely that's a very good sign. :)

I hope you wake up feeling more relaxed about things and, if you haven't heard from him yet, I am sure he'll be in touch today. The signs are all good and you'll back into your LDR routine before you know it.

Keep smiling. :)

Bearandsue

Don't stress about it at all. He took you to church for crying out loud. Plus you met his family. Just try and calm down. You had a fabulous weekend. I am sure everything will be ok.