Your Views on Religion?

just because you SAY he exists because you read it in some dusty old book from several hundred years ago doesn't make it true. In fact there is plenty of reason for conjecture. Nobody has yet been able to prove that god exists and nobody ever will. And do go quoting the bible, because tht doesn't make it true either. I can quote you line after line from Lord of the Rings but that doesn't make Gandalf a real person. Anybody whose proof that god is real consists of either "the bible said so" or "just look around you and you'll see he's everywhere" is a gullible idiot, plain and simple.

So those of you(most of you), who are saying you don't believe in God or believe you are your own God, what do you consider your purpose? Why do you exist? What do you believe happens when you die?

Why does there have to be a purpose? That's one thing I never understood about religious people. There is NO purpose. The human race is a parasite that is slowly destroying the planet we live on. The only thing that happens after we die is our bodies rot and decay and become nutrients in the dirt. I guess if you absolutely MUST have a purpose, it's to feed the worms and continue the cycle of the ecosystem.

YOU WRITE: "The human race is a parasite that is slowly destroying the planet we live on."

I totally disagree. I think humans are going about it at quite a brisk pace.

what do you consider your purpose?

Whatever I make of it.....it is open-ended. I don't participate in the idea of teleology.

Why do you exist?

Randomness of the universe....which looks organized on a small scale.

What do you believe happens when you die?

I have absolutely no idea. I have no information on the matter....and I'm ok with that.

I will qualify it with the following: it is far more likely that SOMETHING happens. The possibility that NOTHING happens is but one of a nearly infinite set. To assert that NOTHING happens is to select one of the options out of the myriad without any justification....and simultaneously negate all others. I find that equally as pompous as picking one of the "somethings."

VASH THE STAMPEDE

GOD is real, satan is real.Life and death are real.

To feel GOD's presence you must apply your self fully.(which is hard at times)

As far as the earth ,we parasites done a good job at destroying it and wont stop.

You may as well have just said

SANTA CLAUS is real, the TOOTH FAIRY is real.

To feel Santa's presence you must be good little boys and girls.

Life and death are real and that's pretty much undisputed scientific fact. Of course that could still be argued as well and I guess it depends on your definitions of life and death.

GOD is real

That much I can be sure of....thanks to Descartes.

To feel GOD's presence you must apply your self fully.(which is hard at times)

I agree with that 100%.

VASH THE STAMPEDE

Their undeveloped monkey brains.(Get it evolution)

At the end of you lifes I hope your hearts are in the right place.Because we are all born sinners,we must face the price of HELL.

Thats why we have RELIGIONS to save us from eternal DAMNATION.

VASH THE STAMPEDE
Originally posted by VASH THE STAMPEDE

Their undeveloped monkey brains.(Get it evolution)

At the end of you lifes I hope your hearts are in the right place.Because we are all born sinners,we must face the price of HELL.

Thats why we have RELIGIONS to save us from eternal DAMNATION.

"certain religions"

Well surely you didn't just wake up one day and say, "I'm my own God". How did you progress from an infant, believing nothing, to believing you are your own God. Beliefs are shaped by one's environment and society. If I had been locked up in a cell my whole life and never seen anything from the outside world, I wouldn't believe in anything. Because I was exposed to "religion" I have something to base my beliefs upon, whether it is true or not.

How did you progress from an infant, believing nothing, to believing you are your own God.

See...that's just it. I didn't change my beliefs much over time. I still don't have a positive belief in anything. Regarding supernatural topics such as afterlife, soul, and supreme beings....I have no more knowledge now than I did the day I entered this world. I am absolutely ignorant regarding these subjects....and I'm aware of that human limitation. That's why I can accept it.

Beliefs are shaped by one's environment and society.

I was exposed to many ideas. None were injected as doctrine. I've had the fortune of being able to analyze without pressure. Nobody ever told me what was right or what to believe. This is one reason I don't like the idea of exposing young children to religion - they are not yet capable of analyzing the ideas and coming to independent conclusions. Morality and values can be instilled without religion.

the bible is not quite as simple to explain

war in his name

1 mosses leads people out of egypt after his people long suffered in faith to free them

2 the people of the other god baal (aka)satan

where in the land known as the land of milk and honey(aka)Israel

3 God had to remove those against him

4 is it not written (not word for word i think)what god gave you he can take

so in other words who are we to ask wy do this wy do that

he being merciful from all of what been done toward him

when wrath comes let be in the will of God that i am not here

VASH THE STAMPEDE

novascade, GO TO BED!!!

I understand the bible not being easy to understand but why the verses,what do they represent??

VASH THE STAMPEDE

I guess in time you'll use commas and punctuation.LOL

Me voy a durmir te ablo mallana.

novascade, GO TO BED!!!

I understand the bible not being easy to understand but why the verses,what do they represent??

go to someone elses land and tell your in my land Gods given me,WAR

I guess in time you'll use commas and punctuation.LOL

In do time I'll get it,and spell better,

wy cause I need to thats why.

• Author

Wow! Great discussion here...it seems no matter what people believe, they are passionate about it.

Like some others on this thread, I was raised in a Southern Baptist church. But as I grew, I observed people, and things going on around me. My views began to change and I stopped believing in the existance of a "hell."

I felt like the hell is actually what we're living through now, and that life is some kind of test. They way we live our lives would determine what happens to our energy after death. If our souls didn't learn lifes lesson, then they are born again to try to "get it." Because the energy we're made of has to go somewhere. And I don't believe there's a "place" called Heaven.

These are just some of the thoughts I've had about the subject. We will only know the truth after we die.

All I do know is, I'm always searching for a label for my beliefs. I'm not an athiest, because I do believe in some sort of afterlife.