Why don't men want to get married?

You're right... that's sickening. F**king self rightous bitch. She should be paying him for the time he wasted on that harpy. That's why pre-nups are always good.

Lol, cant speak for all men but I dont think men feel like they are owed monetary compensation when a relationship is terminated.

I also agree with Woggle, it seems like you have a good head on your shoulders and would make a really good wife.

My issue is when women have this mentality that they are some how sacrificing themselves and feel owed something. A neighbor of mine said something that scarred me deeply. She told me all men are replaceble and judging by a lot of womens attitudes I see this as being true which makes me sad.

My issue is when women have this mentality that they are some how sacrificing themselves and feel owed something.

"I gave you the best years of my life" is seldom tempered with the realization she also took the best years of his life.

My ex also had that mentality that I owed her even though we were legally married for less than two years. Plus some women think that everything wrong they do is the man's fault. It's my fault she cheated and still my fault that she drinks like a fish and is a hardcore drug addict. She apparently is not responsible for anything in her life according to her friends. Most men would love to have a happy marriage that lasts but when you look at situations such as this is it any wonder why so many run from commitment? It's just a big gamble and if you commit to the wrong woman she can make your life hell.

:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o

*tee hee*

Aw, thanks guys.

Anyway, I hate seeing injustice and bad attitudes, no matter who is the culprit. I especially dislike when women do rotten sh|t and then claim no fault, and then fall back to the harpy cave with a bunch of selfish cows who simply agree with what she did because she's a woman. Unfortunately, society makes it EASIER for women to do this in marriage.

We aren't living in a time when women can't work, and men shouldn't be stuck with alimony just because he was "unlucky" enough to be born with a penis. The laws are outdated and sexist and need to change. :mad:

I'm also one of those few atheist feminists who believe that there should be WAY more severe adultery laws on the books. As in, if she cheats and you have proof, and she divorces you, she gets NADA. ZIP. ZERO. Or even demand that the cheater pays for mental anguish. The system as is practically rewards women who decide they want a bit of strange.

"Hey lady, marriage problems? Having it off with that sexy guy in accounting? Want to start a new life with a bunch of your ex-husbands money? File for divorce!" There are certainly a lot of downsides of marriage for men, that's for sure.

I am getting married, but me and my bf are signing a pre-nup as a sign of "good faith". Any woman who would refuse or be insulted by this suggestion is a worthless golddigger. Also, we're both getting sterilized together, as we've agreed on "no children" and there will not be any "oops-ing". :)

I'm also one of those few atheist feminists

Harpy? Selfish cows?

Uh... call yourself anything you want, but you aren't a feminist. Feminists believe women are human.

We aren't living in a time when women can't work, and men shouldn't be stuck with alimony just because he was "unlucky" enough to be born with a penis. The laws are outdated and sexist and need to change.

You don't understand the laws, your misuse of the term "no-fault" particularly. You also seem to hold an 80's ideal of female participation in the workforce, an ideal which never actually existed.

Try this on for size:

"I'm also one of those self-styled feminists who has internalized my oppression."

PinkKittyKat see what happens to feminists who don't follow the misandrist script. The feminists has run all women such as yourself out of town. Go to a NOW meeting talking that fathers rights stuff and see what the reaction is. The feminist movement has turned into a hate movement because it has alienated the women who are actually interested in equality.

Men don't want to get married because in our country marriage is rigged to only help the women. Women get anything they want and can think of any reason to end the marriage. Now of days even if a woman cheats its the mans fault. All she has to say is that one of her needs isn't being met. Marriage doesn't benefit the man in any way.

Plus why should we marry? Back in the day if you wanted anything from a woman you really had to put effort into it. Now all you have to do is ask her out and you get it.

I just read an interesting stat from the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services, essentially for as long as they've been keeping track the divorce rate for American men who marry foreign women has been stunningly low, 20% at the moment compared to 60% in the general population.

American dudes, if you want a wife that won't cut you loose in 10 years go get a Russian in from the cold. She's 3x less likely to fly the coop on ya.

I just read an interesting stat from the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services, essentially for as long as they've been keeping track the divorce rate for American men who marry foreign women has been stunningly low, 20% at the moment compared to 60% in the general population.

American dudes, if you want a wife that won't cut you loose in 10 years go get a Russian in from the cold. She's 3x less likely to fly the coop on ya.

For sure, if you marry a American girl you are screwed. Everything will be about her and eventually she will cheat and try to blame it on you. Foreign girls understand that marriage really is 50/50, American girls say this but they act like its 95women/5men. American girls are just way to spoiled.

movingonandon
Aaaaaah! :o

Who says Romance is dead.....? :love:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Marriage had nothing to do with romance for most of the human history, up until about 100-200 years ago.

I agree with the men here, Woogle in particular - we're not opposed to marriage, it's just not worth the risk, that's all, that's the rational conclusion.

I find it disturbing to marry someone because they want citizenship. Good luck on the conversations to share the next decade when your both speaking in foreign tongues. American women feel they should not be forced to stay in a marraige they feel trapped by. If wanting citizenship and being dependent on someone with no way out is a turn that says something about you as a man. I also have seen plenty of men clean women's accounts out so enough of the women bashing.

I wouldn't look at a study and draw a conclusion without knowing what population data is being represented. There is no info on income, education, race, religion, etc. Plenty of americans are married 45 plus years. We are in a place where we are financially independent, are not being looked at to simply procreate and I'm sorry if that makes you all bitter.

If I got married the guy can have a pre-nup and entitle me to nothing. We are not all a bunch of gold diggers and some of us have our own pot of gold.

movingonandon
I find it disturbing to marry someone because they want citizenship. Good luck on the conversations to share the next decade when your both speaking in foreign tongues. American women feel they should not be forced to stay in a marraige they feel trapped by. If wanting citizenship and being dependent on someone with no way out is a turn that says something about you as a man. I also have seen plenty of men clean women's accounts out so enough of the women bashing.

I wouldn't look at a study and draw a conclusion without knowing what population data is being represented. There is no info on income, education, race, religion, etc. Plenty of americans are married 45 plus years. We are in a place where we are financially independent, are not being looked at to simply procreate and I'm sorry if that makes you all bitter.

If I got married the guy can have a pre-nup and entitle me to nothing. We are not all a bunch of gold diggers and some of us have our own pot of gold.

Hahaha, so all the men that marry foreigh women are idiots that do not realise that they're been used for the citizenship :rolleyes:. Nope, women like you showing no respect whatsoever to men are the reason why some foreign girls are so popular :laugh:. Every line in you post screams "I'm walking if things don't go my way". That's not a marriage anybody wants to be in. Men are wary because they know that such comitment is unlikely to be reciprocated by an american woman :laugh:. Things are not that great on either side of the pond, of course, BUT as a general trend I've not seen the extent of entitlement exibited by american women anywhere else. Must be all the hormones in the milk :).

Have not read the thread but if I were a man I wouldn't marry WITHOU a prenup... Men get racked across the coals in this country. damn shame if you ask me. But it seems the women are conditioned to think that their S "owes them after a D. GEEZZZ my answer to that is "get a JOB" :p Why should one person pay for the other the rest of their life? Never made sense to me. But I guess this is how you raise your girls...

Good example of why we don't want American girls anymore. Heaven forbid women be forced to actually uphold there vows to. We are bitter because you all can up and leave for no reason and screw us over. You "ladies" can slut around and we are suppose to feel sorry for you. If we ask you all to do anything we are abusive and cruel. If we ask you not to hang out with guys we are controlling but if you ask for the same thing we should understand. We are bitter because we want a wife not another child.

If a man wants a happy marriage that lasts a foreign woman is quickly becoming the best option. The stats speak for themselves and women can't with a straight face really get mad at us for choosing the better option. it's like opening up a restaurant that serves crap for very high prices and getting mad because all your customers are flocking to the place across the street that serves fine cuisine at great prices.

Think if he loves you and wants to spend the rest of his life with you, then why wouldn't he marry you?

I think sometimes guys get married for reasons other than love.

For example, he's "in the closet" (gay) but he really wants kids... so he bites the bullet and marries the first available/willing woman he runs into, who also wants kids. Unfortunately, our society still believes that children are best raised by one man and one woman joined together in marriage.

I believe that this happens a lot more than we think.

If guys are so scared of divorce then why not sign a prenuptial agreement and it wont be an issue. If getting married or not depends on them being afraid you will take everything in the end, but you really believe your marriage will work out, then sign one and move forward. Just a thought. :love:

If guys are so scared of divorce then why not sign a prenuptial agreement and it wont be an issue. If getting married or not depends on them being afraid you will take everything in the end, but you really believe your marriage will work out, then sign one and move forward. Just a thought. :love:

IANAL but I'm pretty sure child custody isn't something you can put in a pre-nup.

I think sometimes guys get married for reasons other than love.

For example, he's "in the closet" (gay) but he really wants kids... so he bites the bullet and marries the first available/willing woman he runs into, who also wants kids. Unfortunately, our society still believes that children are best raised by one man and one woman joined together in marriage.

I believe that this happens a lot more than we think.

Why is this unfortunate???

Why is this unfortunate???

Because it's not true. It all depends on the character of the individual(s) who are raising the child. Not on a society-mandated arrangement.

Marriage had nothing to do with romance for most of the human history, up until about 100-200 years ago.

I agree with the men here, Woogle in particular - we're not opposed to marriage, it's just not worth the risk, that's all, that's the rational conclusion.

Plato

Aristotle

Euripedes

Sallust

Livy

Ovid

Chaucer

Dante

Shakespeare

Spenser

Chanson de Roland

Cervantes...

Let see....All celebrating here there or somewhere marriage and romance.

And that's only up to the 16th century there...

To the OP: You want a man to commit to you, heart and soul, body and spirit, to take "the risk" to become one with you, because it is respectful to himself and to the woman.

I agree with the others that the punishment men go through in divorces is cruel, stupid and grossly unfair.

OE