How can I let Him Know i'm interested?

dcgirl33

• Author
No doubt he wants you! So what do you think he'll do once he gets you? Are you going to his house? I gotta tell you, the finger licking would have sent me running for the hills!

He's not going to get me anytime soon. I don't have any free sex for anyone at my age. I've been a drought for over 6 years. I'm the TRUE WARRIOR.

• Author
DCgirl, you wouldn't mind if it ends with 4 to 5 rounds of just casual sex, would you? Because that's how I see it going.

I told you..I don't have any free sex for anyone. I don't think that's where this is going. No one has ever gotten any casual sex from me.

They may have planned for some in the beginning, but before they knew it, they were in a committed, full blown, long term relationship. I'm pretty good at controlling the out come.:)

My shortest relationship lasted 3 years and the longest lasted 5 years.

I slept with the 6 years one on the first date. :laugh:

I hope I'm wrong, but this all sounds very unsafe to me. I wouldn't want my child (if I had one) in a stranger's house, a mere 24 hours after I'd first met him. And the finger licking and the falling/walking over you without asking if you were ok...yeah, I dunno. I do hope I'm wrong and I'm sorry to be the wet blanket here, but this gives me red flags. Please be really careful. It'd be safer to stick to dating in public places until you get to know him, IMHO.

• Author
Yeah, pace yourself. It's nice to be wanted, did you run into him this morning in the metro?

No because the thing is he said he normally only rides the train when he is running late. He just been coming down there as often as he could to see me. He said metro was costing him a lot of money and he was glad he could stop now. They pay for his parking at work.

Also, I wouldn't want to be alone with someone I'd just met, in a foreign environment like their home with no one else around. Most men are sensitive to that and the fact this guy's not (or doesn't care) gives me the crawlies.

Proceed with caution. Just my .02.

• Author
Also, I wouldn't want to be alone with someone I'd just met, in a foreign environment like their home with no one else around. Most men are sensitive to that and the fact this guy's not (or doesn't care) gives me the crawlies.

Proceed with caution. Just my .02.

I think that over the course of an evening you can get a feel for a persons level of comfort with you. I think he senses that I'm comfortable with him and might not object to the suggestion to loudly. I felt comfortable enough at the end of the evening to let him in my house.

And that is saying something because I watch Forensic Files 24/7 and I am very aware of the possibility of crime. I tell all of my friends and relatives that they will likely be killed. :eek:

<<I watch Forensic Files 24/7 and I am very aware of the possibility of crime.>>

Then you know women said the same things you do, but about Ted Bundy. Kidding. Kinda.

I really do wish you the best and hope I'm being overly paranoid. It's exciting to see a happy story on LS after all the sad ones.

<<I watch Forensic Files 24/7 and I am very aware of the possibility of crime.>>

Then you know women said the same things you do, but about Ted Bundy. Kidding. Kinda.

I really do wish you the best and hope I'm being overly paranoid. It's exciting to see a happy story on LS after all the sad ones.

And I second that! Our LS children.. they grow so fast! :love:

• Author
I hope I'm wrong, but this all sounds very unsafe to me. I wouldn't want my child (if I had one) in a stranger's house, a mere 24 hours after I'd first met him. And the finger licking and the falling/walking over you without asking if you were ok...yeah, I dunno. I do hope I'm wrong and I'm sorry to be the wet blanket here, but this gives me red flags. Please be really careful. It'd be safer to stick to dating in public places until you get to know him, IMHO.

Yeah, I just emailed him and told him that I can't go because I can't get a babysitter and MY SON can't go to his house.

In this case, if I didn't have my son with, I would go. I think he was trying to be funny when he stepped over me. At the end of the day, this guy is 51 years old and I'm 40 and hold a Ju Jitsu Black Belt. We can do this peaceful like or if he wants to get rowdy, HE CAN BRING IT!

• Author

[sIZE=2]I'm sorry, why can’t Gray come to my house? I was just in his house yesterday evening so what's the difference?

There won’t be any funny business. I just want to see you is all. If you come right after work, I can take you two back

home at 8 o'clock sharp.

I don’t want to seem like I'm begging you to come and run the risk of looking crazy, but I just really want to see you tonight. I'm not going to follow any dating etiquette scripts with this. I'm going to just tell you how I feel. I've already wasted an entire year the way I see it.

Now - I need to play catch up. I'm going to give you just 16 more chances. Will you come tonight? And don’t say "No" again.

Darren

[/sIZE][FONT=Courier New][sIZE=2][/sIZE][/FONT]

IfWishesWereHorses

OOO, I'ld hold my ground on this one. How 'bout you two take your son for icecream instead? Is there a chucky cheese near by?

Sounds like you had fun! Good!

But also sounds like you were wrong about him being a wuss. He sounds pretty sure of himself to me. Too much for my liking, actually, but certainly not a wuss.

just be up front and tell him that you enjoyed the evening and will see him saturday.

i don't think you should have your son meet a man you're dating until you know you'll be sticking with it as a relationship.

just tell him you're busy until saturday - which most likely you are - you're a Mom first.

glad the date went well! wooo hooo!

The whole finger licking things seems a bit crazy for a first date to me, pretty bold on his part, almost like he was trying to imitate a movie scene. Then you fall and he steps over you and leaves? Just sounds pretty wacky to me.

• Author

Yeah, he does sound pretty aggressive. I'm not going to say anything and see how he handles the word NO. Really, I have already answered him. I'll see how he takes it. This looks like that old, "When a man says NO it's the end of the conversation, but when a woman says NO, it's the beginning of a negotiation."

I hope I'm not going to have to go to his house and burn my bra on his lawn. :mad:

BUT it could also be that I told him my son is usually with me when he is not in school. And that's been OK because I don't usually date and there is nowhere that I go that "the boy" can't go.

Maybe, he's trying to remove this as an obstacle early, so that I won't use it as an excuse to not see him?

plus don't give in when you've already said no.

he can wait - you're a busy gal...

what did you find out about him on your date? anything other than what you said? do you like his demeanor and the way he acts?

how does he refer to his xW and their marriage etc?

• Author

I found him to be very down to earth. Although, he is more confident than I imagined from how he handled this whole thing. I think he just needed a little sign from me and now he seems to be coming full speed ahead. He's smart. He corporate counsel for one of the warfare centers in this area. He said he doesn't meet many women in his day to day and he would never date co-workers. I had asked him when he was single. He said that his ex KEPT cheating on him. He blamed himself and said that he was arrogant and didn't really care that she was unhappy. He said that he guessed that she knew he was too lazy to cheat, so that would be something that she could beat him at. ha! The EX married his good friend. heeheehee.

the finger thing is throwing me off.

i don't understand why do these weird things while eating with a woman.

my married buddy always wants to feed me his food when we eat out together. no he's not trying to have sex with me - he's been married more than 30 years. BUT - why does he always want to give me a bite?

why would he lick your fingers when he knows that's inappropriate for a first gathering? that is a TOTALLY sexual move on his side. i would have said - you are making me nervous/uncomfortable... or something to address the awkward moment.

also -if his xW cheated more than once - was he too wimpy to stick with his boundaries of that being unacceptable for a marriage? where were his boundaries on this?

just wondering...

my married buddy always wants to feed me his food when we eat out together. no he's not trying to have sex with me - he's been married more than 30 years. BUT - why does he always want to give me a bite?

I think that sharing dinner portions and a little feeding each other is fun but I wouldn't even try that on a first date. I mean I will generally not even go into for a kiss on the first date without some strong signs. Where you doing a lot of touching with him or giving him other signs that you were open?

• Author

I gathered that he recognized that he was someone that would make the ladies want to cheat on him, but he said that they went to counseling and agreed to try to make the marriage work. I wasn't long before he was back to working all day and ignoring her and she was back to cheating. SHE divorced him after his friend propsed to her. Ha!

The finger sucking was entirely sexual and he did it because clearly, he is as "cock sure" as he is arrogant. However, (I must admit) I would like to see the finger sucking again....in a more intimate setting.