How can I let Him Know i'm interested?

dcgirl33

• Author

DOD contractors have pink badges. His is white. Anyway, I think I should take the chicken way out and call his home number from work and leave him a message to call me this evening at home. This way, he will be the one having to work up the nerve to call. I've done my part today. This thing needed a Hero and I came through. It's his turn.

• Author

I just called his HOME number at 11:50am and he answered the phone? What the f_ck! I freaked and hung up. He has to know that was me. I was expecting his answering machine. Why does he have his home phone forwarded??? Is his dumb a$$ that important. Once or if he calls back my number, it will be my name on my office voicemail. I'm screwed and that's it. What the f_ck just happened????

Call back quick and say someone was at the door so you put the phone down. Then say you were just going to give him your number so he can call and invite you out sometime...

IfWishesWereHorses

Are you sure it was him that answered? Perhaps, a son or roommate? Are you quite positive that it was a home number and not a business or cell phone? Geez DC girl, hero's don't chicken out!

Come on we need a story with a happy ending on LS these days! ;)

Anyway to change that voice mail???

• Author

I can't call back. He's calling me. He's already heard the voicemail. I didn't answer. He's called four times and hasn't left a mesage.

I can't call back. He's calling me. He's already heard the voicemail. I didn't answer. He's called four times and hasn't left a mesage.

pick up the phone! tell him you were called to a meeting and are happy to hear his voice!

• Author

I think what I need to do now is log on to metroopensdoors.com and find a new route to work. He's still calling. He's called 2 more times. What's his problem? He's crazier than I am.

• Author

Look, I just hung up on the man. It's english!

Right when I heard his voice say, "Hello," I said, "Woo!" and hung up?

If he were any kind of man, he would leave me a message say let me know it's alright. For all I know he could want to slam me for hanging up.

Clearly, the man has no respect for me, my job or my right to act a fool.

It's "year end" here at work. I have to be able to answer my phone.

Look, I just hung up on the man. It's english!

Right when I heard his voice say, "Hello," I said, "Woo!" and hung up?

If he were any kind of man, he would leave me a message say let me know it's alright. For all I know he could want to slam me for hanging up.

Clearly, the man has no respect for me, my job or my right to act a fool.

It's "year end" here at work. I have to be able to answer my phone.

HUH???? i hope you are joking!

simply answer the damn phone and start a conversation... or better yet -just let HIM talk and YOU listen. but at least start somewhere!

I'm back and with good news. I saw him this morning and actually I missed 3 trains waiting on him. He did his smile and how are you this morning and kept walking thing and this time, I followed him down the platform. I stood right beside him and said in a low voice, "I know you may be a professional man of leisure with unlimitted wealth, but I have to WORK! And I can't just keep being late everyday waiting on you to come down here. Now either you can apply some kind of pattern or logic to your work schedule or you can just give me your number. As a matter of fact, GIVE ME YOUR NUMBER,NOW!" He was dying laughing all the while i was talking. He took out his subway transfer and wrote his number on it. When he handed it to me I snatched it and said "Expect a call from jane!" walked away.

Comedy always win. thanks all.

Wow, lol what Metro Station is that, again? People hardly look at each others' face here.

Don't drop the ball now. You have plenty of reasons for having to hangup, you were at work. Just take his call like everyone says, give him a good excuse and then see where it goes. You play around a bunch and the whole thing goes down the drain. You wanted it, you worked at, finish it.

• Author

Shhh! I think he's calling me from different numbers now. They are all area code (202) and all of my business calls are from various commands around the country not D.C. (202).

This is silly. Just answer the phone and say you hung up on him because someone startled/interrupted you and apologize to him (or be honest and say you were nervous). All the high school-ish antics aren't helping make your first impression a good one, IMHO.

• Author

I ANSWERED!!! :D He said that he realized he gave me his home number this morning so he went back home and forwarded his calls to his cell just in case I called before got back home this evening. He's so nice. He told me that he's had a crush on me for the better part of a year and that he almost fell down when I came over and talked to him this morning. He figured I had a BF and that is why he never approached me

I told him that it took me all evening to come up with what I said to him this morning and he said that it was hilarious, but that I could have literally said anything. I didn’t even have to be in English as long as he understood that part about giving me his number. Ha!

We're going to meet after work TODAY, people. There is little place near my house. It's down the street and I will meet him there at 5:30p. I did ask him if he wanted to go out Saturday and he said, "Saturday? That's four days away! Today is good for me. And if I have a hug from you by the end of today, Saturday will work too."

The best part is that he did not even ask me why I hung up on him. Thanks you, God! This guys obviously knows I'm a jacka$$ and he has mercy on me. Now, that's what I need. :)

Some of you people are kind of smart. I wasn't going to ever answer the phone.

DCGirl. You're choking and you're blowing it. Take a breath and call him and give him your number and ask him to call you off office hours.

• Author

Hey you all, we are going to meet at a food place that is 2 blocks from my house. He knows this because I told him on the phone that I live up the street from the metro station where he sees me. Should I let him walk me to my house if he offers? If not, how can i avoid it? Where does he think this hug is going to take place? Surely, not in the mini restaurant.

I wouldn't mind hugging him outside, but maybe he thinks he'll be in my house. I haven't been on a date in 6 years since my son was born. At what point do I tell him that I have a jacka$$ six year old? The boy is a jacka$$, so I can't just hide this.

IfWishesWereHorses

How cute! Hope you guys have a blast! You did shave, right??

Can't wait to hear how it went! Did you get his name??

IfWishesWereHorses

I wouldn't say anything past the fact that I have a son. 6 year olds can't be jackasses. I swear to you that I have a friend who makes the mistake of introducing her adorably wacky kids WAAAYYY too soon. Keep it light and slow and walk yourself home.

You tell him while you are at the little restaurant. For God's sake, don't hide it, and why in the world would you describe your own little boy as a Jacka$$? He's just a little boy.

If you feel like hugging him outside the restaurant, then you do. If you don't, then you extend your hand. If you don't want him to walk you home, then you invent an excuse in the other direction (excuse me, I have to buy Tampax at the corner store) and you walk off.

Whatever you do, I wouldn't introduce him to my son for a long while.

• Author

My son is a bit much, but you have to love him. The boy won't be meeting anyone for a while. This guy Darren is older late forties and maybe, he doesn't like kids or is all done raising kids. I don't want to waste my time in that case. I do need to know what he think aout this issue fast. He will be told tonight.

Well, at his age is unrealistic to think he's going to meet anyone who doesn't have kids or a couple of ex marriages. Like one friend said at a wedding this past saturday. "We've been going to a lot of second marriages and those are always more fun than the first ones". Regardless, if he's had a crush on you for a while, I don't think he would mind that you have kids (even if he IS a Jacka$$ :lmao:)

As for the restaurant, if things go well, you could go for a walk. I always love those and they provide for great opportunities for good bye hugs. Plus today is supposed to be really nice outside. Too bad I'm bed-ridden :(

• Author

Most are surprised that at my age I have a 6 year old. He may be expecting a kid, but not that age. Either way, I think i'm "in" with him from what he said on the phone. He wants me bad. I guess they all do. Hee Hee Hee.