My name is Teacher's Pet, and I'm a fat-ass.

• Author
Teacher's Pet
Happy Birthday to the fat ass OP.

:-)

See you friday TP.

Warm up them vocals, chica.

You'll need 'em. ;)

-tp

appreciates Aria's oral abilities

Jake Barnes
Atkins didn't work for me. Tried it for nearly a month...

My body doesn't respond well to carb-deprivation. :)

-tp

7 more minutes

What about some kind of physician directed diet?

And what happened on the Atkins? Ive only been doing for several days, but Ive read that some people get averse side effects

• Author
Teacher's Pet
What about some kind of physician directed diet?

And what happened on the Atkins? Ive only been doing for several days, but Ive read that some people get averse side effects

Atkins just didnt work for me...I followed it to the letter, but nothing happened...

-tp

carnivore, but likes his carne on pan.

Atkins T it will work for you

Ive been on it three days and Im hungry as hell, but that means Im losing my gut

Heres my diet specifically

Breakfast-2 hardbioled eggs with salt and pepper, a cup of coffee with half and half and a glass of water

Lunch-Smallish garden salad with shredded mozarella, real dressing and bacon bits, a cup of coffee with half and half and a glass of water

Dinner- A lean protein and some vegetables with lots of spices and a glass of water

Late snack-Smallish garden salad with real dressing but no bacon bits or cheese this time

And interspersed is a lot more water

I think if you tried something like that and kept exercising youd lose weight. I think, but Im not sure

This is too extreme. You'll eat like this for a week and a half and then run out and eat a whole chocolate cake. You have to keep yourself in psychological homeostasis. Don't swing too far one way or you'll send yourself flying back the other way.

• Author
Teacher's Pet
This is too extreme. You'll eat like this for a week and a half and then run out and eat a whole chocolate cake. You have to keep yourself in psychological homeostasis. Don't swing too far one way or you'll send yourself flying back the other way.

Well, I don't know all of your big words... :) :) But I do know that that is the reason Atkins didn't work for me. :)

-tp

likes small words. :) "me like bread"

• Author
Teacher's Pet

The funniest thing just happened...

I was laying on my side, and suddenly I felt this solid "mass" near my lower abdomen...

It was my PELVIS. I found it! :)

Then I checked a little lower and had to wash my hands afterwards. ;)

-tp

giggity giggity

It should be noted that spanking one's monkey relentlessly can help a lot with losing weight. Constantly manufacturing (replacing) those little swimmers takes a modest load of energy (calories). Not that I'm suggesting your loads are modest, of course.

Just be careful, and don't get dehydrated.

Lunar Sonata

That's strange. For me, when I cut down the jerk, I'd tend to be in a healthier more positive mindset that results in eating healthier than I normally would.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Author
Teacher's Pet

Actually, I'm doing pretty well (I guess)...

I've seemed to have lost about 5" from my waist (though I'm still in denial lol)..

I went to buy pants the other day, and for some reason, I was convinced I was a certain size, and was quickly corrected, to my surprise. :)

I still feet fat, though, but I'm just aggravated (see "Date From Hell" post)...

That was enough to make ANYONE overeat... but I didn't. :)

But, it also aggravated me to the point where going to the gym today was just unthinkable..... :)

I dunno... I need to shake the negative stuff from my head so I can get back on track... :)

-tp

women, gotta love 'em.

Somehow I missed this thread, but I wanted to send a shout out to TP. Keep goin'.

I've been a thin guy most of my life, but twice in the past decade I've been slightly over my ideal weight, which is anywhere from 165-180 lbs, given my height and frame. Both times I was a bit depressed, not seriously so but enough to make me sit around and feel sorry for myself to the point where I didn't go out much and I didn't care how I looked or felt. Dieting is very psychological.

It's also lifestyle oriented, and that's the real thing to remember. The reason the gimmick diets don't work is because they focus mainly on the calorie intake, but not the psychology and not the lifestyle changes that are really necessary to not only take the weight off, but to be healthy as well. Being healthy is more than just eating healthy, you have to live healthy too.

I actually have a bit of an odd but interesting research project for you if you have the time and the resources. If you happen to have some old family photo albums lying around, take them out and look at the people in them. I'd be willing to bet that while you might occasionally see an image of someone who's perhaps big or big boned, they're most likely not fat. Look at some images of people on Google from anytime before 1965 (preferably before 1950 or 1940). Most of the people ate a lot of the same high calorie stuff we eat, but they also exercised a lot more during the course of one day. Also, they probably didn't eat as much of it in one sitting. Those two things right there are the difference between being big and being fat. Our lifestyle is to blame. Change that, and you'll take the pounds off forever. Good luck.

• Author
Teacher's Pet

Well, this fat ass is temporarily sidelined from the gym. :(

Yesterday at work, I tripped, and took a really bad fall.

Thankfully, my knee broke my fall on the solid floor.

Trooper that I am, I finished out the day, but I am in so much pain, and my knee is completely swollen...

I had to fill out an incident report, so if for some reason this knee seems to be more than just badly bruised (which is possible), I'm eligible for Worker's Comp....

I'm taking today off from work, but considering my existing leg/knee problem, this was definately NOT what I needed to happen.

I was on the floor for about 5 minutes, unable to move my leg.... and, due to my incredible skills, didn't drop the umm... teabag I was holding at the time.

Yes, the customer got her tea, she just had to wait a little longer. :lmao:

I swear, I was holding back crying the rest of the day, I was in so much pain, but we are so understaffed at my job and running a new marketing campaign, we've been packed lately....damned fresh Jersey produce!

I know.... once again, I put others before myself, but.... *sighs* it's my job.

I've been icing my knee on and off since yesterday afternoon, and today, it really doesn't hurt TOO much, but there is no way in hell I'm going to work today, and I hope today is the ONLY day I miss.

I'm not very big on doctors, so I'm praying it's just bruised and nothing that will leave me sidelined for more than a day (Tuesdays are generally my slowest day, so I'm not missing much anyway) :)

*sighs* I just hope the floor is ok where my fat ass (and knee) landed. :lmao:

-tp

twinkletoes

Lunar Sonata

I don't care how stubborn you are or how little it might matter me saying this but please: see a doctor

Last August, I tripped and fell on my left arm. It didn't hurt like hell but it was swollen that night after I iced it. Turns out both bones on my arm near the wrist were totally broken. Please, TP.

• Author
Teacher's Pet
I don't care how stubborn you are or how little it might matter me saying this but please: see a doctor

Last August, I tripped and fell on my left arm. It didn't hurt like hell but it was swollen that night after I iced it. Turns out both bones on my arm near the wrist were totally broken. Please, TP.

I don't think anything is broken...

The only impact was on my left knee, and I have full range of motion in my leg.. it just hurts.... My knee hasn't swollen much at all, thankfully...

Seems to be just bruised, but I'll be fine in a day or so. :)

-tp

unbreakable

• Author
Teacher's Pet
Hey TP,

Back on your feet yet? How's the knee?

It's actually much better...

Looks like the worst I did to it was a bad bruise, but there was nearly ZERO swelling, just a little redness...

I still feel some discomfort going up and down stairs, but even bending my leg fully doesn't bother me anymore...

I'm just going to give my knee a couple more days of rest before getting back to the gym..

Lord knows I gained this week.... lol

-tp

back to the grind!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Author
Teacher's Pet

Nope....

My knee is torn up from the inside, accoring to my orthopedist, whom I finally saw yesterday.

My original injury was to my left knee, but it seems that my fall caused my RIGHT knee to tear (possibly due to the fact that my right leg has been giving me problems lately).

I have to go for an MRI (hopefully in the next week or so), and it's looking like surgery, and 8-10 weeks out of work.

Over the last week or so, the pain has gotten steadily worse, and my ability to walk is now at an all-time low. I got the rest of the week off from work to rest, but there is no way I can truly make it to work on Monday.

It even hurts when I drive (especially getting in/out of a car).

In a little while, I have to call my boss and formally request medical leave time, and as soon as I can, get on temporary disability.

It didn't help that I just climbed 4 flights of stairs to get to my apartment. It wasn't that bad, though. I just took it slow and used my "good" leg to push off with.

The ironic thing is, I fell on my left knee, and except for a little "twinge" here and there, it's fine.

Now I have to pray I don't have insurance issues with getting the MRI and the surgery done (I might), and not lose my job in the process (you don't know my boss......he's an ass).

It hurts to lay down, and I really can't sleep that well... so I'm useless sexually (even more than normal haha)... of course, I'm single, so it's not THAT big a deal. My hands work just fine. :)

And hey, I might get handicapped parking for this for a while, too. :)

But no, right now, things are sucking in my life....royally.

-tp

kicked while he's down

Lunar Sonata

Damn it. Your boss better not give you grief over what needs to be done. It's easy to eat badly when injured and limited from exercise. Please eat well so that after you recover, you can work out again.

I'll be thinking positive of you!

I'm sorry to hear about all the sucky stuff that's going on in your life....but why are you paying for medical expenses? Doesn't the company take that on since you were injured at work? I guess I don't know how that really works but it just seems odd that you would have to pay for anything. Maybe you should research that.

Your diet concerns me a little in the sense that you've removed oils from your diet. You know our bodies need oils so don't get too extreme with that. And really try not to let this injury set you back too much - just eat light because you're probably going to be down for awhile.

Just as a sidenote, I don't know if you've ever read anything by Louise Hay or not but she attributes our physical problems with our mental attitude and things going on in our lives (usually our resistence to those things or events). So, just for grins, this is what she says about the problems you've listed, and what the mental attitude could be that creates them:

• Lung problems: Depression. Grief. Fear of taking in life. Not worthy of living fully.
  • Foot problems: Represent our understanding - of ourselves, of life, of others.
  • Fat problems: Represents protection. Oversensitivity.
  • Knee problems: Stubborn ego and pride. Inability to bend. Fear. Inflexibility. Won't give in.
  • Accidents: Inability to speak up for the self. Rebellion against authority.

This is from her book entitled, 'You Can Heal Your Life'. Interesting stuff.

• Author
Teacher's Pet

I've lost 9.6 lbs in the last 7 days.

I guess when you are laying around all day aching, you tend to not have much of an appetite. :)

And I'm not starving myself. In fact, I was so hungry yesterday, I ate 5 turkey dogs. :)

I know, not a great choice, but they were the low-fat kind, and were quite yummy. :)

I haven't had ANY "sweets" in a week, including sugary soda, so I'm sure that's part of it, too.

My liquid intake has been only water and Crystal Lite drinks, which are essentially 0 calories.

Today, I'm going to try (as long as I can stand long enough to do it) to cook a real, honest MEAL for myself. It probably won't be the "best" food choice for me, but I haven't had a REAL meal (meat, some kind of carb, some kind of vegetable) in a week or so.... so I think I've earned this. :)

I've always been a "pre-cooker"... since I work long hours (and now since I can't stand on my feet too long)... I like to pre-cook portions of food to easily microwave later. I made several portions of nearly fat-free mashed potatoes (1% milk, butter substitute, and just a touch of salt, pepper, and spice) to heat up for when I do have the strength to actually have a "real meal" :)

I also have some whole-wheat pasta pre-cooked (and portioned), and some frozen turkey products (I LOVE those low fat turkey sausages!), as well as some canned vegetables...

I swear, I should publish a book of "Healthy Cooking For The Lazy Single Guy". :) Heck, I could publish an un-healthy version, too. :)

And yes, I have my emergency low-fat ice cream (Edy's Slow-Churned Rocky Road....omfg) in the freezer in case the pain in my leg gets unbearable. ;) I'm proud to say I've had that emergency "tonic" in my freezer for 4 days and haven't even looked at it yet, as yummy as it is. :) It's just comforting to know that frozen chocolate relief is just a short hobble away! :bunny: (God, I'm such a woman at times lol)

It's either that or alcohol, since the doctor hasn't put me on meds yet. :)

-tp

...also has a liter of Maker's Mark :love: And I know how to use it, dammit!